IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

jeanne ives thanks governor bruce rauner for his moderate stand on a number of issues including abortion, transgender people's using the bathroom of their gender identity and for making illinois a sanctuary state for illegal immigrant criminals i.e. thieving murdering mexicans

i say we support jeanne ives ad and thank bruce rauner again by electing him so he can continue all the good work he's doing for illinois. jeanne would probably have it no other way

https://youtu.be/sZwKZf2jtHI

And the fucked up thing is that you have organizations like dreamact now and idiots like linda sansour that claim to speak for us,making us look bad and entitled where in reality they are just using us to further their crazy ultra leftists agenda.

Trump's proposal on immigration is probably the most sensible thing he has put on the table so far. In a country of 350 million people sometimes you gotta compromise, and trump's immigration deal is just that, a middle of the road compromise, but unfortunately because of the democrats and crazy leftists organizations it looks like that deal wont happen but maybe thats what they want because then they can turn around and say "see how cruel these people are, vote for me".

Edited by Deer

Trump's proposal on immigration is probably the most sensible thing he has put on the table so far. 

which one? the one where he wants congress to pay for the wall and he'll give 10 million dreamers a path to citizenship? isn't mexico supposed to be paying for that?

also why is linda sansour an idiot? i'm genuinely asking as i don't know much about her and i'd be curious what makes her worse than jeanne ives who wants to take away teachers' pensions. 

Have you ever been to one of her demonstrations? Its her and a bunch of white hipster "speaking for the opressed" chanting stupid shit like "we are here to stay" "this is their land" and "clean dream act or nothing". Oh and dont you dare suggest we should compromise on this issue cause theyll just call you an Uncle Tom.

The proposal im talking about is the 4 pillars of immigration reform he spoke about in the SOTU.

Have you ever been to one of her demonstrations? Its her and a bunch of white hipster "speaking for the opressed" chanting stupid shit like "we are here to stay" "this is their land" and "clean dream act or nothing". 

i've never been to any demonstration by anyone. i've never wanted to be political or even had an interest in politics besides my (small-ish) fascination with world war 2 history. 

as to linda sansour and the hipsters: i'm kinda confused why that's a bad thing. isn't standing up for others too scared to stand up for themselves what it's all about? also, are all the white hipsters legal immigrants, because i know there are also those from european countries that have overstayed their visas thus making them illegal immigrants. 

earlier you had mentioned that illegal immigrants might not want a path to citizenship because they "can make some serious cash being illegal in this country, if you play your cards right you keep 100 percent of your money". i'm just curious how? most illegal immigrants can't get a proper job with 401k benefits and i've never heard of any illegal immigrants making investments that allow them to see a return on their money. so is all their wealth strictly from "under the table jobs"? because i was under the impression a lot of them send their money back to help their families.

do you watch stefan molyneux? his theory has always been that illegal immigrants want to stay here so they can profit from the welfare state- but he doesn't seem to answer how because illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare benefits

On the white hipster thing, oviously there is nothing wrong with standing up for justice and for whats right but the linda sansour types dont care about solutions, they just care about forcing their believes on other, and the daca issue shows that clearly.

On illegals making money, yes its all under the table, if you apply for daca you have to pay taxes and pay for school, thats why there is a million immigrants who qualify for daca and not interested in it.

On stefan molenyx, he is a cunt and the welfare argument is bullshit because illegals dont qualify for shit unless they have american babies (even there they only get food stamps which is hardly exploiting the system)

On illegals making money, yes its all under the table, if you apply for daca you have to pay taxes and pay for school, thats why there is a million immigrants who qualify for daca and not interested in it.

but you didn't explain how they're making "some serious cash by being illegal in this country". also, are you saying there is more money to be made if you're paid under the table than if you're making an honest living because if that's the case: can you point out a few wealthy illegal immigrants that made some serious cash by being illegal in this country? i'm also confused because i thought DACA was a path to citizenship which is why trump didn't support it eventually. if illegals didn't want it, shouldn't he have kept it and given ICE a reason to deport illegal immigrants?

Obviously you are not going to find millionares but you can easily make 6 figures a year working construction/landscaping jobs like that, i know guys that make 500-600 a day/7 days a week under the table. If you are making that kind of cash you don't want DACA because 1 - you have to pay taxes on it, 2- you get pay way less because now you are under regulations (example - can't work past certain amount of hours, your employer has to pay worker's comp, shit like that) and 3 - you need to get an education and that costs money and time, time you can be spending working under the table making 6 figures. I cannot tell you what percentage of illegal immigrants fall in this category because there are some that work with fake papers and don't make that much money but ill bet you anything the majority of them don't qualify for DACA anyways.

DACA is not a path to citizenship, its just protection from deportation and permission to work and study in the country.

The main reason conservatives don't like DACA is that its unconstitutional (im sure some of them are racist and dont want any more brown people in the country but who knows what percentage of them think like that)

Obama and the democrats had many chances to make DACA the law of the land, Republicans like Lindsay Graham offered to work with dems to pass the bill but for political reasons it never happened.

As for Trump, on the campaign trail he said he was going to end DACA but then quickly realized he can use us as a bargain chip for the wall. Trump wants to give us a path for citizenship in exchange for border security/wall money/immigration reform (see SOTU speech) which is a great compromise in my opinion, specially since the wall will never be built, they'll just renovate whatever is there already, mainly fences.

Edited by Deer

The problem i have with liberals and democrats on this issue is that they want unrealistic things/refuse to compromise. We live in a country with liberals, conservatives and everything in between, you gotta compromise. The solution to the DACA problem is right in from of them and they are refusing to take it because they want to obstruct the Trump administration no matter what. In the meantime time is running out, DACA is going to expire and all of us will be in danger of deportation, now can you see why im so angry with democrats? they are making our lives stressful as fuck for political reason, and fuck anyone who uses people's livelihoods for political/ideological reasons.

I kind of agree with kelly here, it took me two years to sign up for daca because i was too lazy/comfortable with my situation prior to being a dreamer.

What many people who defend illegal immigration don't know is that you can make some serious cash being illegal in this country, if you play your cards right you keep 100 percent of your money, many people who qualify for DACA don't want it for that same reason, they dont want to get ahead in this country, they just want to make money (and if thats what you want to do thats fine i dont judge but i want to get ahead in this country and get an education)

The democrats are being shits for not accepting Trump's terms, every dreamer i know (selfishly) are screaming at democrats for not accepting the deal. Democrats are using dreamers to obstruct Trump's administration, i mean the guy wants to give us a path to citizenship (something obama and democrats never wanted to give us), give the man the wall!!! i dont want to go back to my birth country, i love it here and want to become a citizen.

Instead of lazy how about crafty then. Lazy sounds like race baiting, which I think is by design with Kelly. Also, I thought Trump and Sessions ending DACA initiated all this.

Obviously you are not going to find millionares but you can easily make 6 figures a year working construction/landscaping jobs like that, i know guys that make 500-600 a day/7 days a week under the table.

yeah- i really don't believe there is someone who'd rather be illegal and not be able to pursue any career of their choosing, open themselves up to the risk of deportation, not being able to claim medicare or other health benefits to earn $500-600/week under the table? i just don't see that being realistic, not to mention the risk doesn't seem worth it unless the individual is a huge risk taker or a criminal. 

most under the table jobs aren't even guaranteed to last long enough to make them a viable career path. also, don't most people getting paid under the table get less than minimum wage? 

also you said trump "wants to give us a path to citizenship". how do you know that? his very words on the campaign trail- and a major reason he won- was because he was going to end DACA. are you saying now he's willing to go against his word? if so, what makes you think he won't go against his word on the wall- because he promised it would be built by mexico. that doesn't seem the case now does it?

oh p.s. would it surprise you to learn that illegal immigrants want DACA so bad some are will to deport themselves if they don't get it.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/07/news/economy/daca-deal-dreamers/

btw: feel free to reply with some evidence rather than just your own thoughts. would be nice to see some supporting material that collaborates what you've been saying kinda like this which refutes your claim that illegal don't want DACA

i guess when you're making 500/600 a week, the last thing you want to do is go to disneyland

On the first point, not everybody wants a career, a lot of them come for a couple of years make money and leave the country, a lot of them send the money back home to build a house or help family. I guess there are many reasons to work for under the table, you gonna have to ask them i guess, i can only report on the people i know (which i understand is not a good sample size but i dont have the resources to go around the country and ask the 1 million who qualify for DACA why they havent signed up yet)

On Trump's word - There is a bill, if it passes both houses and its sign into law then there is nothing to worry about cause its the law of the land, even if he changes his mind he can't do shit.

On the first article you posted, im in the same camp, if DACA isn't fix i'll turn myself in, i dont want to live in this country illegally. 

On the disneyland article, i dont understand why you posted that, the people protesting already have DACA, of course they want it lol.

The question to ask here is why out of the 1.8 millions who qualify for DACA, only 680,000 signed up for it, im sure there are many reasons but like i said i can only report on the people i know.

Edited by Deer

The democrats are being shits for not accepting Trump's terms, every dreamer i know (selfishly) are screaming at democrats for not accepting the deal. Democrats are using dreamers to obstruct Trump's administration, i mean the guy wants to give us a path to citizenship (something obama and democrats never wanted to give us), give the man the wall!!! i dont want to go back to my birth country, i love it here and want to become a citizen.

the reason there is any offer is because the democrats demanded it. they are bargaining because they know they have the leverage to do so. also, the dreamer thing was created by obama. 

the republicans are not the ones fighting for dreamers. democrats are.

Edited by very honest

Who the fuck is making 6 figures doing landscaping? Maybe construction, maybe, but roughnecks working in the oil patch up north in Alberta were maybe pulling in 6 figures during the boom, but that’s working 80+ hours a week in a shithole in the middle of nowhere.

Day labourers aren’t making 6 figures a year pouring concrete or doing demo. Plus if you get injured in the US with no insurance you’re fucked.

the reason there is any offer is because the democrats demanded it. also, the dreamer thing was created by obama and the democrats. 

the republicans are not the ones fighting for dreamers. democrats are.

I never said republicans are fighting for dreamers, they dont give a shit about us (expect Lindsay graham) they are just using us for the wall/border security, but i expect them to use people as bargain chips cause they are a bunch of ayn rand loving cunts.

Also, the democrats demanded it, republicans responded with an offer and now democrats are refusing to compromise, they'll rather burn DACA to the ground than give trump funding for the wall.

Who the fuck is making 6 figures doing landscaping? Maybe construction, maybe, but roughnecks working in the oil patch up north in Alberta were maybe pulling in 6 figures during the boom, but that’s working 80+ hours a week in a shithole in the middle of nowhere.

Day labourers aren’t making 6 figures a year pouring concrete or doing demo. Plus if you get injured in the US with no insurance you’re fucked.

My first landscaping job i got paid 250 for a days work picking up twigs so the guys that work the machines can do their job. If you know how to use a landscaping machine you can easily make around 300-500 a day. It is rough work but if you can handle it im sure the pay is worth it.

The way it works is a contractor gets paid for a job, then the contractor has two choices, hire legal labor and pay for the wages, insurance, regulation fees, etc  or pay a day laborer 500 for a days work and pocket the money you would spend on extra fees for hiring legal labor. The way it was explained to me legal labor costs around 300 dollars more than illegal under the table labor, thats why contractors do it and thats why if you come to my town at 5-6 am you'll see a bunch of dudes standing in corners looking for work and an hour later those corner are empty.

Edited by Deer

This is simply not true. A bunch of red states were taking DACA to the courts, DACA was going to lose just like DAPA did a couple of years ago because both daca and dapa are unconstitutional. Trump probably did us a favor (not on purpose of course) by ending earlier cause it sparked action.

Edited by Deer