IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Fox News response to her roast is almost as funny.  I actually thought it was really well done satire for the first minute.  My only glimpse into Fox/CNN news is the occasional youtube clip, so... I'm always a little astonished:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGFnrbr4SM

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I'm a fan of Norm's, but that roast was super tame.  There's no venom there, whereas Wolf really went for the throat.  You could tell she genuinely despised the people she was lambasting for the most part - it was pretty uncomfortable (and awesome).  Colbert's was similarly ruthless as I recall.  The outrage is predictable, and welcomed by her I'm sure.

Yeah, I thought hers was pretty good. My only grapes with the sarah huckabee thing was that she spent to long on sarah. At some point you have to acknowledge you're just shooting the messenger. Good to have a couple of shots. But it got a bit painful because of the amount of attention she got, imo. Other than that, she really had some good jokes in there. It was great.

Loved the Minaj one as well, btw.

Liked both of them better than the Norm one. But that one's got classic status. Imo a bit overrated. You had to be there, I guess. It's the novelty thing adding to that status.

Yeah, I thought hers was pretty good. My only grapes with the sarah huckabee thing was that she spent to long on sarah. At some point you have to acknowledge you're just shooting the messenger. Good to have a couple of shots. But it got a bit painful because of the amount of attention she got, imo. Other than that, she really had some good jokes in there. It was great.

Liked both of them better than the Norm one. But that one's got classic status. Imo a bit overrated. You had to be there, I guess. It's the novelty thing adding to that status.

She is not a victim here at all...not a messenger either, a wilful participant in lie after lie as well as an apologist for repeated disgusting racism, misogyny and corruption as well as of course militarism and attacks on the poor while supporting the rich to the hilt...the comparison to Aunt Lydia is spot on. Huckabee deserves an hour all to herself.

Re: Norm -

I found his "you knows" very distracting.  Anyone doing a routine/speech for that length of time seriously needs to get that under control.  The occasional verbal tick like that is fine and even effective in comedy, but he was throwing it into damn near every sentence.  Even his you knows had you knows.  His delivery has improved substantially over the years.  I'm quite surprised he was chosen for such a major event like that at that point in his career though.

Agreed Wolf spent put way too much focus on Sarah.  A couple zingers were all that was needed.  She must really hate Sarah Huckabee.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

She is not a victim here at all...not a messenger either, a wilful participant in lie after lie as well as an apologist for repeated disgusting racism, misogyny and corruption as well as of course militarism and attacks on the poor while supporting the rich to the hilt...the comparison to Aunt Lydia is spot on. Huckabee deserves an hour all to herself.

Perhaps. But she shouldn't be singled out this way in a setting where the entire government is game. You might as well spend an hour on Devon Nunes. I mean if you want to shoot an animal in the wild, have a look at that one. With giving Huckabee relatively more attention, you're basically implying she deserves it more than others. That's just silly, imo.

strange view. like she has literally no impact policies and legislations or any decision making whatsoever. apart from PR. if she gives bs in pressbriefings she should def. get flack. but this wasn't a press briefing, so why single her out this way? 

can't follow your logic here. lets just agree to disagree. fine to have a different opinion. hope you understand where I'm coming from. wasn't calling her a victim either btw.

Trump is holding a rally in a Washington Twp.. It's a rather affluent area near  where I live in the good old burbs of Detroit. I'm curious as to the turnout for this event. I would contend he still has broad support in Macomb County to this day. If the turnout is strong, I will be in fear for 2020. (minus all his legal troubles/hookers pissing on one another mind you)

So this banner made it to the above mentioned orangeman rally. I'm shook. Support is still strong in Michigan. 2020 scares me bigly.

636605565241052666-042818-tm-Trump525.jp

636605557652598737-042818-tm-Trump257.jp

so good

636605565216404192-042818-tm-Trump409.jp