IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

wtf,

someone should 'shop Moby into that photo

Ain't it fun having Giuliani back up in this?  Crankin the cray to 11!

I thought Giuliani could be a mole sent in to ruin Trump's life faster, but I think he's even more senile than Trump. It's miraculous. 

^ little bit of both it seems

this story from a few days ago is pretty damn alarming: www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/05/02/trump-says-some-point-have-involve-himself-russia-investigation/0UwVoT0eJe5AuBsO9V7oTK/amp.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/05/trump-team-hired-spy-firm-dirty-ops-iran-nuclear-deal

Trump used Isreali intel to try to dig up dirt on Obama officials so that he could smear them and use it as an excuse to scrap the Iran deal.

Using foreign intel to dig up dirt on people? It's not like he's being investigated for doing that or anything...

He's a comic book villain that never was supposed to become the president. But he is. And he's doing villainous (or at least close to it) stuff besides playing golf and watching TV. It's more about the people still supporting him at this point. In particular his co-conspirators. Netanyahu? Yeah, no surprises there, I guess.

What am I looking at here?

on the left zionist nut showing proof of iran nuclear program or new installation artwork (unclear), on the right 3 boys selling dvds for hot prices 1 seems sad ?

Someone should tell Netanyahu about flash memory, he seems to be wasting a lot of space. Reminds me of the ridiculous Trump showing off his documents session. CD storage looks great though, very practical.

My my, Michael Bloomberg 2020. He's still publicly denying it, but when asked, his eyes get fired up and he goes into a policies rant like any potential candidate would, or should. And he would be a good candidate, imo. ;)

Long interview. Things about his potential run come at the end. From 20:45 it's about whether he sees potential candidates. He goes into a rant about what presidents should do, from 22:00 onwards. And at 24:30, on the odds of himself running "not very high". After which he goes into a rant about what should happen politically.

So yeah, he's preparing for a run. ;)

Read: Trump is tiresome. Can we talk about the world post-Trump? Or too soon? We should buy him an island and leave him there with Stormy Daniels.

Is the position of POTUS off-limits to non-billionaires now? Of course it is. LOL

Read: Trump is tiresome. Can we talk about the world post-Trump? Or too soon? We should buy him an island and leave him there with Stormy Daniels.

The Trump strategy of scandal after scandal is finally working. Bombard the people with so much shit they eventually get tired of it and don't care anymore.

Not sure if they don't care. Especially when 'people' want to get rid of all those scandals. If 'people' want to get rid of his scandals, I wouldn't argue his strategy is working. It's only working when people believe him and support him. It'd be more interesting to see when supporters start to get tired of him. Could still take a while though. But I'm sure it will. And when it happens, things can change faster than you can spell "subpoena". It's a kind of threshold thing, where things stay invisible until it's too late.

Edited by goDel

^ Dude, his supporters aren't going to tire of him. As Blain once said, "The SOB is dug in like an Alabama tick". Living in the ground zero that is Macomb County, his support is alive and well. His last rally brought a ton of trumpanzees. My wife works in the medical field, and is losing her mind with John Q public. Their support is unwavering. How she makes it through her days listening to the diatribe is commendable. And the most telling part to me is, listening to an African American radio station from time to time, support for the orangeman in the black community of Detroit, is inexplicably growing. (well, not quite inexplicable. when it comes down to it, people just care about money. His tax cut and the job market are working to his favor) 

2020 is gonna be grim if the Dems don't get their head out of their ass.

Well, yeah I can see where you're coming from. But it wouldn't be the first time we're wrong about "Trump supporters". Sure, I'm currently on the wrong side of history, so to speak. Or rather, seemingly perpetuating the nonsense we've been listening to during the 2016 election cycle. But the thing about support for especially someone like Trump, is that there's a lot of principled people involved.

There are currently a lot of supporters who don't necessarily like his tweeting behaviour, for instance. But would they still support him? Sure they do! They either say those scandals are unimportant or part of "fake news". Or they've made a calculation about the supreme court and all that.

But regardless of why they still support him, I believe people in the current political climate tend to show full on support out of principle to begin with. They rarely show doubt. Often it's black/white.

Added to that, there's even a social risk involved. In many communities it's an "you're either with us or against us" kind of thing, I'd argue. So it's pretty hard to get to peoples real positions in a safe way. Do people feel safe to show their opinion? (Ironically, support for Trump is very related to anger about the feeling of not being heard in Washington for the past years. And his better polling, currently, might be from people feeling those numbers are too much part of the national discussion, so they might be more favourable in polls just to get rid of that nonsense.) 

Also, they drank the cool-aide and although they currently might have their reservations, aren't willing to outwardly admit they possibly made a mistake. Still, lots of them wouldn't consider it a mistake, I'm sure.

And lots of them, I believe, show support for the president, despite him being Trump. It's their guy, the president of the US. They're going for him. If you're for the US, you're for the president. 

This is why this "threshold" is so important. The situation is such that things can only start to visibly change when it's already too late. Until then, it remains invisible. I expect this change in public opinion to be pretty sudden. More sudden than you'd expect. And pretty unexpected.

Until the next guy. And when the next guy's in charge, yeah, then their true feelings with respect to Trump come out. Until then, not a chance, imo.

You can already kind of see it in the "blue wave". Votes are changing. Things are moving on a local level. But that's not the same as change on a national level. It's definitely related, though. Regardless of what the national polls say.

This change of public opinion will come in different ways and forms. Expect it to be largely invisible until it's too late. In hindsight, it'll be more obvious. But that's always from hindsight.

^ All very valid. The hyper-reality (black/white) that is the US still fails to compute in my brain. I blame the Pilgrims.

Living smack dab in the heart of Trump Country, I can tell you the litany of reasons why this country swung hard to the right. The main one is “Jobs”. The left used to be the party that fought for unionization, and there were shots fired not far from where I live at people like Don Blankenship, who is now running for senate. That should tell you something. NOBODY on the left talks about the unions any more, they’ve all but abandoned it as part of their platform. WV used to be a democratic state, and that was largely because of Matewan (look it up if you don’t know, it’s an interesting chapter in American history). We started swinging red during Bush Jr. years because of an effective propaganda campaign, they might as well have dropped leaflets titled “God, Guns, and Gays” from helicopters over the state. It worked, partially. Many in the state are still grasping to the idea of Big Coal because it was the last time an industry offered anybody in the state a decent living wage. That industry is largely mechanized now, and like elsewhere in the “rust belt” people are struggling to make ends meet, and “the left” didn’t propose anything of substance to help the situation. When the economy is good people can throw their vote away on ignorant shit like racist homophobic rhetoric, but this last presidential election was a referendum on the state of the economy primarily. Our biggest employer is Wal-Mart, whose employees have to apply for food stamps because their wages are so low. The unions aren’t without their problems, in many cases they’ve become bloated and inefficient organizations in need of reform, but the state of the economy has been in suspended animation ever since Ronny Rayguns started busting them up in the 80’s (there’s a relationship between employment and inflation that no matter how many times I listen to an economist talk about it still manages to fly over my head). People knew shit had gotten bad by the end of 8 years straight of Proj4AgnewMuricanSentry bullshit, so they bought O’bumma’s dreamy rhetoric here and elsewhere, but as soon as that rhetoric turned into business as usual they went back to buying the next slick sale’s pitch of snake oil. Hill offered nothing of substance, at least Big Don T talked a good game about reviving dead industries. Unless something substantive happens in the next two years people will probably be ready to buy the next new line of snake oil from a fresh face, but I have seen no indication of a midterm swing this year because the democratic party still SUCKS THAT MUCH. They have no economic platform, and they already carried their flagship token issue Equality to absurd ends (see: Jordan Peterson). If Tman manages to actually bring jobs home from overseas factories expect a new Czar in the WH. 240 yrs of (pseudo)democracy, it was a fun ride. Speaking of pseudodemocracy, if The DEMOCRATIC Party really wanted to put their money where the mouth is they’d get rid of Superdelegates. That was some dirty shit and everybody could smell it.