IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

And now more than 50 Palestinians dead because of how Netanyahu's goons handled the protests to the opening of the US embassy after Trump's decision to move it.

The rhetoric that Hamas is to blame for the deaths is complete and utter bullshit. Their blood is completely on Netanyahu's hands, and by extension, Trump's. Fuck both of these far-right regimes. They need to be removed from the Earth.

And now more than 50 Palestinians dead because of how Netanyahu's goons handled the protests to the opening of the US embassy after Trump's decision to move it.

The rhetoric that Hamas is to blame for the deaths is complete and utter bullshit. Their blood is completely on Netanyahu's hands, and by extension, Trump's. Fuck both of these far-right regimes. They need to be removed from the Earth.

I think you need a break from politics, bud. Go make some tunes or somethin'.

Already started a new one about two hours ago. It's just hard for me to ignore shit like this sometimes.

Just focus on good clean respectful debate to calm the nerves. Look, it's working all over the world right now. 

The news (aka the horror scape that is actually happening rerouted through shiny bite size death boxes) makes my fucking blood boil. The daily disgust. 

Edited by bendish

I feel like I'm starting to get burnt out on politics in general. My views haven't changed, but it's like sensory overload now. Maybe I just need a break.

I feel like I'm starting to get burnt out on politics in general.

i've been burnt out on politics for a while- the problem is that something happens almost on a daily basis that swings the conversation either right or left. like trump cancelling the meeting with kim jung un. just 19 days ago, his most loyal fanbase was claiming this meeting was going to usher in "world peace" and most couldn't believe how "amazing they felt about my president, ever". 

today they remain mum about the cancelation of the meetings. i'm sort of wondering if they even take politics seriously or whether we've been reduced to an orgy of competing over who's argument is correct while trying to ruin the other person's credibility if their beliefs. it gets tiring pretty quick but we (the country) remain stubbornly involved 

Re: Elon Musk's Pravda whatever: just fund Snopes/'good' journalism/etc. (not my idea, hundreds of people were going on to this end on Twitter)

And Musk's comments that no one believes media anymore just shows how out of touch he is...how skewed the ways he approaches things are. Obviously this works well enough for him in other aspects of life, but it just seems silly in contexts like this.

i've been burnt out on politics for a while- the problem is that something happens almost on a daily basis that swings the conversation either right or left. like trump cancelling the meeting with kim jung un. just 19 days ago, his most loyal fanbase was claiming this meeting was going to usher in "world peace" and most couldn't believe how "amazing they felt about my president, ever".

today they remain mum about the cancelation of the meetings. i'm sort of wondering if they even take politics seriously or whether we've been reduced to an orgy of competing over who's argument is correct while trying to ruin the other person's credibility if their beliefs. it gets tiring pretty quick but we (the country) remain stubbornly involved

They are an army of yes men supporting a close minded, arrogant seventy something year old who suffers from delusions of grandeur and also has no interest in politics. What can we expect?

Apparently the meeting was cancelled because golden boy Mike p said something negative about n Korea on Fox news, some n Korean called Mike a political dummy, Donald wanted them to apologize but they wouldn't, so he cancelled the summit. Too bad because I think he had some commerative coins minted up that now will go to waste. Maybe he can hand them out to trick-or-treaters next Halloween or maybe they'll end up in his mar-a-lago presidential tomb/library next to his collection of maga hats...

Edited by zero

It seemed like they sabotaged any hint of progress with North Korea. I’d say they did it on purpose by mentioning the Libya model. Basically threatening a dictator with bayonet sodomy if he doesn’t cooperate doesn’t work. Live and learn I guess.

Re: Elon Musk's Pravda whatever: just fund Snopes/'good' journalism/etc. (not my idea, hundreds of people were going on to this end on Twitter)

And Musk's comments that no one believes media anymore just shows how out of touch he is...how skewed the ways he approaches things are. Obviously this works well enough for him in other aspects of life, but it just seems silly in contexts like this.

the reason why musk is mad @ the media is all started when he tweeted an april fool's joke that he was sleeping in the tesla office because there was rumor swirling that tesla was having money problems- which was leading to them not being able to deliver the new/cheaper tesla model. he then got a few more questions from the media about it which he called 'boring boneheaded' questions which- after that outburst led to tesla's stock to fall by 6%

Apparently the meeting was cancelled because golden boy Mike p said something negative about n Korea on Fox news, some n Korean called Mike a political dummy, Donald wanted them to apologize but they wouldn't, so he cancelled the summit. Too bad because I think he had some commerative coins minted up that now will go to waste. Maybe he can hand them out to trick-or-treaters next Halloween or maybe they'll end up in his mar-a-lago presidential tomb/library next to his collection of maga hats...

oh i saw that. a north korean official called mike pence 'stupid and ignorant'- amazingly accurate. supposedly, trump had also learned that kim jong-un wasn't going to completely end his nuclear program, which was allegedly one of the things he was going to request if they had the meeting

today we got an announcement of a vague anti-imported auto tariff, banking regulations were rolled back, and Jack Johnson being pardoned (something McCain worked on back in 2008) 

apparently Sylvester Stallone was key to getting Trump to pardon Jack Johnson...that gives me an idea, feed Stallone sensible legislative proposals and convince Trump to pass them