IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

So the solution is to just sit idly by and let...what exactly, sort out this mess? I guess mobilizing at the grass roots level a movement that will get better candidates in the elections and slowly via the political process get the changes? But putting faith in the political process when it's already broken doesn't seem like the best idea?

man I hate sounding all jbp about this but it really seems like the best solution to me

the system will always be broken one way or another, and so the best you personally can do is fix whatever you can at your immediate circle of reach.. cuz there always will be alot to fix that you actually can fix (urself, ur family etc), and don't be a shit person.

once you actually have fixed something hard then move on and try and fix a system, because improving a large system from 70% optimal to 75% optimal without wrecking is impossibly difficult

just think like, if any substantial amount of people took that to heart how much could actually be solved?

this is a good article for anyone dreaming utopian dreams:

https://crimethinc.com/2000/09/11/your-politics-are-boring-as-fuck

provide a better solution, I'm all ears

hint: tearing the system down is not a solution (edit: detailed in the article I posted)

edi2: I don't wanna undermine the value of collective forces in solving problems, just point out that the people who compose such collectives better have their head screwed on properly first

Edited by MIXL2

provide a better solution, I'm all ears

hint: tearing the system down is not a solution (edit: detailed in the article I posted)

This is a good start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_South_Korean_protests

You can let your article and JBP persuade you, if that's how easy you are to persuade. Just turn the other cheek and let everyone walk all over you and maybe you'll get into heaven when you die. 

Sure, let’s get some hard data on the cleanliness of the rooms of several prominent civil rights figures and if they were messy, roll back all of their rights because clearly their cause wasn’t based on sound judgment.

I said better, jeez go do your activism while your family and your life is an absolute wreck if that's what you want, I don't care. but id rather fix my life first thank you very much

continued protests are a good sign. keeping people engaged. i'd like to see real disruption.. righteous indignation.. cathartic egg throwing etc.. rotten fruit.. eggs.. garbage etc.. silly string on fire etc.. 

continued protests are a good sign. keeping people engaged. i'd like to see real disruption.. righteous indignation.. cathartic egg throwing etc.. rotten fruit.. eggs.. garbage etc.. silly string on fire etc..

yes, a lot of people apparently want that.. are you willing to take responsibility for the violence that could and will ensue if "real disruption" comes along?

I said better, jeez go do your activism while your family and your life is an absolute wreck if that's what you want, I don't care. but id rather fix my life first thank you very much

Well, my family and life aren’t an absolute wreck, so no problem there. What are you doing to fix your life besides brainwashing yourself with fraudulent pseudo intellectuals?

yes, a lot of people apparently want that.. are you willing to take responsibility for the violence that could and will ensue if "real disruption" comes along?

Is our government willing to take responsibility? Looks like a big no to me.

Well, my family and life aren’t an absolute wreck, so no problem there. What are you doing to fix your life besides brainwashing yourself with fraudulent pseudo intellectuals?

point taken man, I have improved my life substantially if you need to know, but I believe you appreciate my point aswell

Just a prank bro. Srsly though we’re already having unacceptable violence.

I think a mix of prank style protesting like Abbie Hoffman in the 60s 70s with more aggressive resistance sit ins and occupy things. Things that disrupt daily life so people don’t forget what’s going on.

I know it’s all fun and games until Robert Paulson gets shot in the head trashing corporate art.

There are people in this country who are activist anarchists. Remember WTO protests in Seattle in the late 90s early 2000s? That was an escalation after many of those same groups tried to save a park from becoming a parking lot in Seattle. They chained themselves up in the trees. After several days police pulled down the protesters pants and underwear and maced the protesters genitals directly. Those groups took this as a signal that the authorities only understood violence so when the WTO happened they fucked shit up. This kind of thing will happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a prank bro. Srsly though we’re already having unacceptable violence.

I think a mix of prank style protesting like Abbie Hoffman in the 60s 70s with more aggressive resistance sit ins and occupy things. Things that disrupt daily life so people don’t forget what’s going on.

I know it’s all fun and games until Robert Paulson gets shot in the head trashing corporate art.

There are people in this country who are activist anarchists. Remember WTO protests in Seattle in the late 90s early 2000s? That was an escalation after many of those same groups tried to save a park from becoming a parking lot in Seattle. They chained themselves up in the trees. After several days police pulled down the protesters pants and underwear and maced the protesters genitals directly. Those groups took this as a signal that the authorities only understood violence so when the WTO happened they fucked shit up. This kind of thing will happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine Iran would have sent a military intervention to enforce human rights

point taken man, I have improved my life substantially if you need to know, but I believe you appreciate my point aswell

“You really DO believe in god.”

MIXL thanks for showing up and solving America with your JPBisms. We appreciate it.

I'm just posing ideas man I'm really interested in discussing this.. not just winning a bloody argument, what's the point in that?

iunno why I bother really, watmms' genban is proven to not be a place for this but ugh watevz

everybody needs to read their tao te chings and get ready.

these are historic times

mine is by the bed. it helps me know. 

"may you live in interesting times" - fuck you that's not what you think it means. 

@MIXL:

You're just trying to jump into some shit you don't seem to have even the slightest grasp of though, and it sure looks like you're just doing it as an excuse to sling JBPisms around either because you're bored, you're trolling, or you literally think that's a solution. If you think 'clean your room' is applicable to national issues with America, you're naïve as fuck my man. Not trying to be condescending, seriously, I dunno if that's what you think, but it is how you're coming across on this page. 

Edited by auxien

That's better, probs a bit of all those three

Is obv not a solution cuz there will always b issues to solve and especially not a systematic solution.. thats a different argument. I'm saying what people can do for themselves is to better themselves, and fix whatever they can fix. I can't see what's wrong with that idea

edit: oh and don't do groupthink cuz that's just not helpful

Edited by MIXL2

Donald Trump claims people are 'better off' eating at McDonalds and Burger King

“I’m a very clean person. I like cleanliness. I think you’re better off going there than someplace you have no idea where the food is coming from. It’s a certain standard,”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-mcdonalds-burger-kind-cleanliness-a6883396.html

Donald Trump claims people are 'better off' eating at McDonalds and Burger King

“I’m a very clean person. I like cleanliness. I think you’re better off going there than someplace you have no idea where the food is coming from. It’s a certain standard,”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-mcdonalds-burger-kind-cleanliness-a6883396.html

lol.  really. LOL