IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Hey has anyone here read art of the deal? I'm curious to give it a go. Might be good for a laugh or two...if I can make it past page 1.

L7gY6XH.png

Supreme Court Upholds Trump’s Travel Ban

President Trump acted lawfully in imposing limits on travel from several predominantly Muslim nations, the Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday.

The vote was 5 to 4, with the court’s conservatives in the majority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/us/politics/supreme-court-trump-travel-ban.html

If anything it'd be the straight story, but I doubt he'd have the patience to sit through that.

It just keeps getting weirder doesn't it?

I still can't get over the fact that the current president of the USA is Donald Trump, who is a year and a half into his presidency, regularly holding public rallies in which he's reading off quotes that praise him, all in blatant masturbation of his ego in front of his adoring fans (where they regularly get thrown into a tizzy to throw out the stray protester). It's sickening. I dunno much of anything about Lynch nor do I much care, tbh, he's always seemed like he had his head up his own ass.

I've seen a few things, used to watch Twin Peaks some when I was a wee lad. I watch Dune regularly (even though it's kinda terrible), but other than that Lost Highway was almost tolerable...no desire to ever watch it again though. Just not my type of thing. Elephant Man is the only thing of his I've heard was good and seemed like it might be my sort of thing. Mullholland Drive didn't do anything for me, I saw some of Eraserhead years ago...wait why am I explaining myself? The point is all the interviews and shit I've seen, he seems like he has his head up his own ass. His movies don't make me think much different, really. :) 

I've seen a few things, used to watch Twin Peaks some when I was a wee lad. I watch Dune regularly (even though it's kinda terrible), but other than that Lost Highway was almost tolerable...no desire to ever watch it again though. Just not my type of thing. Elephant Man is the only thing of his I've heard was good and seemed like it might be my sort of thing. Mullholland Drive didn't do anything for me, I saw some of Eraserhead years ago...wait why am I explaining myself? The point is all the interviews and shit I've seen, he seems like he has his head up his own ass. His movies don't make me think much different, really. :) 

then you've never taken a joy-ride with Frank Booth, something everyone should do at least once

if david lynch ends up sitting down with trump i'm gonna freak.

I'm hoping a producer somewhere is thinking the same thing and can make this happen. How weird would it be for Lynch and trump to sit down and shoot the shit?

I'm glad this is taking a turn and he's clarified that he was making a nuanced point - I knew he was but you really have to spell it out to Trump supporters or they'll spin it the way they want.

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy, who was often the swing vote of the conservative vs liberal leaning justices, just announced he's stepping down. Trump's surely going to nominate an even more conservative judge than Gorsuch. Fucking hell.

Someone needs to become a personal chef for one of them and load enough trans fat, saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol into them to cause a stroke within the next two years.

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy, who was often the swing vote of the conservative vs liberal leaning justices, just announced he's stepping down. Trump's surely going to nominate an even more conservative judge than Gorsuch. Fucking hell.

Yeah it sucks. 81 is damn old though, I don't blame him. The blocking of Garland proved the GOP is just as willing to wipe their ass with the constitution as they are to idolize it falsely.