IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

republican majority leader paul ryan pushing massive tax cut, 99.6% of which goes to the richest of the rich.

my brain is all fucked by the liberal media, can someone please de-spin this?

Welfare for the rich is great! 

Doncha know? After they get the tax cuts, they'll trickle it down!

1) How do you feel about Trump saying black people are lazy?

Or about him being sued by the gov't twice for not renting to black people?

Is that not racist?

What if they are, though? Not because of race, of course, but because of social/cultural context of their communities and everyday lives they are in in combination with many psychological and neurological phenomenons developing throughout generations? Various social/environmental conditions are perfectly able to develop laziness and hopelessness. Laziness can be an epidemic mental illness if not treated well. It is a behaviour pattern. This is then easily transferred to their kids.

I am aware I might be controversial here and I will probably not be able to explain it very well in English but I just wanted to point out that there have to be reasons why is situation with black people in USA what it is and no, I don't believe it is only because of "white people".

Btw, "racist" is not the word you want to use there. "Culturally/ethnically-biased" might be a better term for Trump imo. Race is physical appearance and I would be very surprised if Trump actually thought that you can rate people according to that.

Edited by WNS000

Is that not racist?

What if they are, though? Not because of race, of course, but because of social/cultural context of their communities and everyday lives they are in in combination with many psychological and neurological phenomenons developing throughout generations? Various social/environmental conditions are perfectly able to develop laziness and hopelessness. Laziness can be an epidemic mental illness if not treated well. It is a behaviour pattern. This is then easily transferred to their kids.

I am aware I might be controversial here and I will probably not be able to explain it very well in English but I just wanted to point out that there have to be reasons why is situation with black people in USA what it is and no, I don't believe it is only because of "white people".

Btw, "racist" is not the word you want to use there. "Culturally/ethnically-biased" might be a better term for Trump imo. Race is physical appearance and I would be very surprised if Trump actually thought that you can rate people according to that.

hmmm....

When people say really stupid things with a sort of naive politeness like you've done here it's difficult to decide how to respond. The me of 5 years ago would lay into you for the idiotic shit you just said, but the me of now accepts that you're probably just a well-meaning retard.

Unfortunately it's way too difficult to explain the structural problems we are dealing with in the US and how they relate to african americans. There are a lot of contributing factors, but I think "they are just lazy as a group of people" is not really one of them.

Maybe you should go read and not look to the forum to educate you.

Is that not racist?

This is only tangentially related to your post, but white people are generally clueless when it comes to class divisions within the "black community" (there is no such thing). IDK if anyone has less time for poor blacks than middle class and successful immigrant ones.

Poor blacks are poor for the same reasons as all the other poor people in this country -- they were born that way, and social mobility is p limited for everyone here.

Edited by doublename

Is that not racist?

hmmm....

When people say really stupid things with a sort of naive politeness like you've done here it's difficult to decide how to respond. The me of 5 years ago would lay into you for the idiotic shit you just said, but the me of now accepts that you're probably just a well-meaning retard.

Unfortunately it's way too difficult to explain the structural problems we are dealing with in the US and how they relate to african americans. There are a lot of contributing factors, but I think "they are just lazy as a group of people" is not really one of them.

Yeah, I forgot. I will repeat this to myself here:

1) be interested in psychology, neurology, psychiatry and social issues

2) develop a view based on your sincere opinion and critical thinking

3) share your thoughts on WATMM while naively expecting others to be polite and constructive in discussions (especially when you express that you are aware of the sensitivity of the issue)

4) get shitstorm and personal attacks from overly-sensitive, in-person-fake, safe-space-addicted-SJW westerners who have never heard of neuroplasticity and scientific experiments with human behaviour and probably believe that naturally stupid, asocial and mentally ill people can be educated/changed/fixed by social engineering, money and goodwill

5) face-palm yourself and remind yourself of the points above

Thanks, Adieu. Hopefully I will remember this better now. I am just a well-meaning retard after all.

Poor blacks are poor for the same reasons as all the other poor people in this country -- they were born that way, and social mobility is p limited for everyone here. 

This is it in a nutshell, not laziness.

I also suggest you guys don't argue, it'll go nowhere and be a waste of time.

Edited by Brisbot

Is that not racist?

hmmm....

3) share your thoughts on WATMM while naively expecting others to be polite and constructive in discussions (especially when you express that you are aware of the sensitivity of the issue)

4) get shitstorm and personal attacks from overly-sensitive, in-person-fake, safe-space-addicted-SJW westerners who have never heard of neuroplasticity and scientific experiments with human behaviour and probably believe that naturally stupid, asocial and mentally ill people can be educated/changed/fixed by social engineering, money and goodwill

Thanks, Adieu. Hopefully I will remember this better now. I am just a well-meaning retard after all

1) your interest doesn't make your opinion or assessment informed or valid

2)your ignorance how ever sincere doesn't excuse you for framing something in such an absurd way that it is racist and inflammatory

3)your question and line of thought was impolite. many people often forget that you can be as impolite with a query as you can with a statement

4) surely my reply wasn't a shit storm, and I'm way more genuine in person than on watmm. definitely not a sjw, definitely don't care about safe spaces, definitely have heard of neuroplasticity, which is partly why I think your assertions are stupid. But really your asking these questions as admittedly ignorant, and then proposing some other contributing factors without even understanding the situation to begin with. so...

5) you don't have to hurt yourself over me unless you want to ;)

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Good point. But I would say that social mobility is pretty limited (and I would even say impossible) around the whole world, not only in US - no matter the system/society. Because social mobility is directly connected to mental state of an individual in question. You cannot educate a brain that has not enough computing power or is malfunctioning which is something many left-wing ignorants don't seem to understand at all. Determinism and natural selection seem to be dangerous terms for them.

Maybe with cloning, brain implants and state-directed birth control things would change for the better in the future but who knows.

Anyway, I am super-tired atm. Not sure if I make sense anymore. Good night.

Good point. But I would say that social mobility is pretty limited (and I would even say impossible) around the whole world, not only in US - no matter the system/society. Because social mobility is directly connected to mental state of an individual in question. You cannot educate a brain that has not enough computing power or is malfunctioning which is something many left-wing ignorants don't seem to understand at all. Determinism and natural selection seem to be dangerous terms for them.

Maybe with cloning, brain implants and state-directed birth control things would change for the better in the future but who knows.

Anyway, I am super-tired atm. Not sure if I make sense anymore. Good night.

Social Darwinism in 2016  :cerious:

sigh...

intelligence is not even that well understood and it can definitely be increased

further, most people that seem "smarter" are just better educated and in better environments not necessarily possessing higher "computing power" at a base level

you are making really big assertions with a very superficial understanding and it's offensive

you also proposed eugenics I dunno

I would have banned you from the forum for being a dumb fuck already if I owned it

Is that not racist?

hmmm....

Thanks, Adieu. Hopefully I will remember this better now. I am just a well-meaning retard after all

1) your interest doesn't make your opinion or assessment informed or valid

2)your ignorance how ever sincere doesn't excuse you for framing something in such an absurd way that it is racist and inflammatory

3)your question and line of thought was impolite. many people often forget that you can be as impolite with a query as you can with a statement

4) surely my reply wasn't a shit storm, and I'm way more genuine in person than on watmm. definitely not a sjw, definitely don't care about safe spaces, definitely have heard of neuroplasticity, which is partly why I think your assertions are stupid. But really your asking these questions as admittedly ignorant, and then proposing some other contributing factors without even understanding the situation to begin with. so...

5) you don't have to hurt yourself over me unless you want to ;)

One last reaction before I go: FUCK your anti-honest, anti-constructive "politeness of opinions" and PC bullshit, finally. Go be super-excited and cool around strangers and random people, tell them they are perfect and that you love their company, tell somebody ugly how beautiful he/she is, tell somebody with IQ 85 that his dreams are just a matter of hard work, motivate teens with shit parents, tell a mentally ill to be happy. You will surely change the world.

I am so tired of people like you. Mind-numbing.

Oh yeah, and fuck your lame, autonomous, brainwashed-learned attempt to dispute genetics and heredity. Too dangerous and controversial, yeah, Just because Nazis were murderers and inhumane idiots does not mean that a whole branch of science should be invalid.

Fuck you, man. Just fuck off.

Oh yeah, and fuck your lame, autonomous, brainwashed-learned attempt to dispute genetics and heredity. Too dangerous and controversial, yeah, Just because Nazis were murderers and inhumane idiots does not mean that a whole branch of science should be invalid.

You're associating me with things that are so far off-base that it's ridiculous.

You proposed eugenics and apparently being opposed to eugenics is a super liberal PC position

I dunno man. I think the only way to fix the situation with forum users like you is to ban you. There's no helping the situation. Its genetics.

You're associating me with things that are so far off-base that it's ridiculous.

You proposed eugenics and apparently being opposed to eugenics is a super liberal PC position

I dunno man. I think the only way to fix the situation with forum users like you is to ban you. There's no helping the situation. Its genetics.

Being opposed to eugenics and genetics is just emotional and hypocritical. Nowadays, when a baby is expected to be severely disabled an abortion is recommended. If you are pro-choice, you at least partly propose eugenics whether you like it or not. Not to mention that it was still possible to legally sterilize an extremely retarded person just a few years ago in the EU and in the US and I believe it is still legal for parents to decide for their retarded child to get sterilized (which still leaves us with the dilemma of rights of mentally disabled people - where is the line?). Also, being opposed to the vision of health/life improving implants and genetic modifications could be, in the future, considered a crime against humanity in a similar way a doctor refuses to give a medicine to a sick patient.

Somehow people have no problems recognizing that pets can be from a bad or a good breed but I guess humans are a completely different form of life and evolution is a lie.

Also, intelligence can be improved only if an individual has a motivation to learn and think which leaves us with the problem of what to do with individuals lacking such motivation (for example people with extreme cases of laziness, clinical depression, people in bad social conditions having totally different priorities etc.). Development of intelligence throughout generations is a very long process that is nowhere near the rates of reproduction of low class population. Where in the past natural laws kept the healthy balance, nowadays with social benefits and advanced medical care the balance has to be created differently (and maybe artificially which does not necessarily mean inhumanely even with today's standards). Intelligence is closely tied to how parents raise their children and neuroplasticity of a young brain is brutally effective exactly at the time when kids adopt the key behavioural patterns of their parents. And I am not even talking about genetically inherited traits.

Kids have a right to be healthy and happy. Period.