IGNORED

Clark / Com Truise - Bobbie Caris / Idle Withdrawn

KovalainenFanBoy

As Clark and Com Truise prepare to set out on their co-headlining tour, the two have collaborated on a split 12" available for purchase at their live dates.

Clark / Com Truise

“Bobbie Caris” / “Idle Withdrawn”

A. Clark - Bobbie Caris

AA. Com Truise - Idle Withdrawn

fd245eaafe090f7658343c1d26735e40.jpg

Yeah... getting a real "hey, let's release exclusive vinyl like Aphex did at the Clark/Truise gig!" vibe from this. I don't think Clark or Truise had a direct hand in this beyond making the music, but I may be wrong.

Aphex is hardly the only artist to release tour/show exclusive merch, though like most similar things the tracks are probably pretty throwaway and only for collectors

then again Clark's latest is incredible and this sounds like it's in from the same sessions as the album.

"North America Tour Exclusive Split 12" - I wanted to embarrass my friend Bobbie by dedicating this song to him. I got the kids choir to sing his name repeatedly for the intro. I think they found that a bit strange. It was slightly awkward but I wasn’t going to NOT record a kids choir singing my friends name repeatedly. https://throttleclark.com/live"

• 1 month later...

Well the chap sure does shred it live. As luck (or his misfortune) would have it, he was on a wheelabout while Com Truise was playing. We were at opposite sides of the crosswalk heading to the show. He wheeled towards me with furrowed brow and earbuds in. I said "hey Chris" and he was still very English and perturbed. He pulled an earbud out and I said "been listening to you since Clarence Park and I'm glad you wheeled out to the Midwest". He then smiled, shook my hand said "cheers mate". Was odd to see him smile--don't think I've ever seen it in promotions or live performances. He was a good sport about it.

fixed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived