IGNORED

Monomachine Compilation Tracks

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats guys. sorry i missed it but my personal life has been a mess. revolving door of mine and the missus grandparents entering senility/hospice and the associated logistical implications.

I've got one, and mostly use it for controlling my 0-coast, but also sometimes the digitone. It's great but you need the MIDI expander thing (or a third party one, but the KMI one is cheaper even though it only works with KMI products). Also it's a bit fiddly to set up, but once you get it going it works well.

I've got one, and mostly use it for controlling my 0-coast, but also sometimes the digitone. It's great but you need the MIDI expander thing (or a third party one, but the KMI one is cheaper even though it only works with KMI products). Also it's a bit fiddly to set up, but once you get it going it works well.

so its good? glad to hear that

yes, i know about the kmi expander, found it on thomann along with the keyboard. ive been looking for the best portable option and so far the kmi stuff looks the most promising but i was afraird that those small keys could be problematic/unplayable... i dont know how good are other keyboards (other 25-keys midi controllers); can find much on the net about connectivity with mnm and possibility of controling joystick parameters with the usual suspects. what got me really interested in the qunexus is that you can assign six differetn keys over six mnm channels so that one key plays one machine and the other one plays another:

Yeah, it's really great even with just the velocity assigned. I usually leave pressure and tilt off for MIDI control, since I haven't quite learned how to play them properly yet, or assign them to meaningful values, but I've had some success using the pressure to control parameters on the 0-coast. 

As for assigning keys, yeah, there's an advanced mode that allows you to change what each key will do, even to the extent of having some keys assigned as toggles between two CC values, while others are assigned as normal keys, and as you mentioned, each key can be assigned to a different channel.

Archived