IGNORED

Monomachine Compilation Tracks

I keep HPF tracking on in a lot of my sounds. It's good for a subtle (or not so subtle) bass boost if you set BASE to 8 or 16 and turn the resonance up.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• mess with the trigs, which can trig combinations of the track, filter, and LFOs. don't forget the slide trigs.

Still havent siriusly implemented the trigs, nor sliding.

*keeps forgetting about those goodies...* :faceplam

slide trigs are fun to use after the fact - after you have already filled a track up with parameter locks.

use them sparingly, say only 4 or 5 slide trigs per 16 steps. place them randomly & then shift them forward & back on the track in realtime as the sequence plays back to hear how they affect the sound.

I really need to get into using slide trigs. Good tip regarding shifting them, I didn't even think that the slide trigs could be moved independently of the note trigs! This is where independent track lengths would come in handy..

Guest Chesney

Yeah man good tips.

I did mean that i literally don't have the time to get crazy deep into a track. I know I can get out good stuff out but it does take time, like with any machine.

Guest Chesney

I'm gonna have to bow out, My studio has been taken over by mould mites! It's not that bad, only a few but it's been hot and humid past few weeks and I don't think I have done enough for the air flow in there to cater for this type of weather so need to strip back some bits and sort out some powered airflow system.

Seeing tiny spores of mould appearing on my gear and then a few days spotting that some bits of dust were moving was heartbreaking and made me feel all dirty and itchy. Horrible. Needs a deep clean now although the studio is pristine clean otherwise.

That's terrible, Chesney! Hope things get sorted. I don't know how comfortable it would be to work with the fear of mites lurking about.

Guest Chesney

Yeah, not feeling it, I found at least one bug stolling on most bits of gear so... yeah, too creppy for me untill it's all clean. My own fault for trying to suffocate myself in a nearly airtight box.

nothing from my wow-multichannel-daw-mixing :( ...i'll have to submit another track that i made completely in mnm

// my computer is dying. two days ago i had to remove half of plugins, today it cant even playback

Guest Chesney

I cut new vents at the weekend and tomorrow I drop some smoke bombs to kill the bugs, if that works I can get the MnM out and into the house to maybe record a jam I had planned and see what comes of it. Slim chance but who knows.

Is this out yet? :+

Ha! No, I'm going to tackle the mastering tomorrow. If someone feels inclined to creating a cover for this, have at it!

Update: I've mastered everything, listening to the tracks to figure out the track order and if I need to remaster anything. Hopefully to have things finalized by Tuesday.

Archived