IGNORED

Roy of the Ravers

DavieAddison

me and the missus were just talking about this yesterday, thought his tunes sounded a lot like ceephax or maybe EOD. 

But yeah, why does his album have a track called "ceephax acid crew cut" if ceephax doesn't know/isn't involved? Would be pretty careless to put ceephax' name on an official release without clearing it, I mean. No?

And doesn't that label have some Chevron (ceephax's pal right?) releases on it? =/

Seems like Andy's post there was him just being cheeky/joking.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Emotinium is a remix of this:

https://ceephax.bandcamp.com/track/emotinium

Though it doesn't sound much like it, hence why he should've renamed it I guess.

But yeah, why does his album have a track called "ceephax mix" if ceephax doesn't know/isn't involved? 

Because that track is a Ceephax remix of a Roy of the Ravers track.

Edited by caze

Like I said. Ceephax' name is on his release. He knows the guy.

Hence his comment, is just being cheeky.

What seems to be the confusion?

edit: to be clear I'm not suggesting ROTR is any other artist. Just sounds similar.

You seem to be the confusion.

The Roy of the Rovers EP has a Ceephax collab/remix/tribute on it. It also has a track with the same name as a Ceephax track (from Ceeland and also United Acid Emirates).

He's not being cheeky, he's just saying he wished Roy of the Ravers hadn't used the same name (not sure if it's a remix, or he just nicked the name, but whatever).

Both tracks are great though.

Edited by caze

whooooooooooops  :catsuicide:

now I'm really in trouble srryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think we can all agree Mr Roy's tracks are nice', also noticed this morning that Aftawerks has an album on that label, released last year! I completely missed that one =( 

Most humble argument 2017

The EP is pretty fun either way.

Ladies please

Anyway i've been diving into this Roy album since the set too. Those four descending notes in the Emotinium acid line...they're so pure and blissful

Friendly reminder:

It's  r a v e  t i m e

The only time

That ain't a crime

Ladies please

Anyway i've been diving into this Roy album since the set too. Those four descending notes in the Emotinium acid line...they're so pure and blissful

Friendly reminder:

It's  r a v e  t i m e

The only time

That ain't a crime

that voice sounds like ceephax to me

Yeah I thought the "emotinium" vocal sounded like ceephax's voice pitched down, but now after listening to the rest of the album I'm fairly certain it's not him, and I'm just ignorant of the subtleties of British voices.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems Roy of the Ravers may be female. I was going to send over some of my tunes to their label Acid Waxa and saw that they only accept demos from "wimmin producers" according to their soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/acidwaxa

Very cool there is an all women acid label.  :)

Edited by gemini archives

It seems Roy of the Ravers may be female. I was going to send over some of my tunes to their label Acid Waxa and saw that they only accept demos from "wimmin producers" according to their soundcloud.

I don't think that's the case, as Chevron and Aftawerks are on the label, to name a couple.

I don't think that's the case, as Chevron and Aftawerks are on the label, to name a couple.

Oh yeah you're right. It must be a new policy.