IGNORED

Anxiety-inducing music

Pipenik

I'm glad the thread took off. Some great submissions so far.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Seems like it was designed to convey a pretty specific mood. My first impression was "being stalked by a large beast out in the woods while experiencing shortness of breath", then it kind of gave me a "trapped on a train headed to an extermination camp" vibe. The consistent looping and suspense give it a pretty straightforward dynamic, giving a sense of linear motion. The timpani drum is a classic signal of "something being on its way", but with an awareness of the threat's nature, I think.

i think it should be called stressfull or uneasy music because anxiety is realy something else.

Well I admit I didn't exactly sit down to think the semantics through here but the way I understand this is that stress and unease could arise from pretty much any discomfort, whereas anxiety is more connected to the feeling of being vulnerable or threatened. I'm not looking for unpleasant sounds per se, I'm interested in the mechanisms behind the unpleasantness.

one does not simply find the gates of hades.

more seriously there are streams of it on the web, just google it. headphones only. 

i never fully listened to it btw

Found it.. that was shit

listened to 2 versions in their entireties. Induced nothing but boredom. Throw on some old TG, Ligetti, Irreversible OST for a better anxiety trip. 

it's supposed to be played loud, with headphones and lied down in pitch-dark. i'm confident it works under these conditions. anyway it works for others

Hmm, the only rule I didn't follow was to do it in complete darkness, but I had my eyes closed most of the time. I also might have not had it loud enough because hey, I want to keep my hearing for a while. There is a certain moment in it when the volume shoots up, so fair warning to anyone that tries it (I figures something like that would happen, hence keeping the volume at a manageable level). 

YES, have had this on repeat a tad the past week or so

turn it up loud, look at the sky, worry

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Seems like it was designed to convey a pretty specific mood. My first impression was "being stalked by a large beast out in the woods while experiencing shortness of breath", then it kind of gave me a "trapped on a train headed to an extermination camp" vibe. The consistent looping and suspense give it a pretty straightforward dynamic, giving a sense of linear motion. The timpani drum is a classic signal of "something being on its way", but with an awareness of the threat's nature, I think.

glad ye like it! he's worth checking out, doesn't have a large discography but all the same vibes really

I saw him live a couple of weeks ago, the drums sounded like getting marched into hell

this is a gem from the noise thread, i wouldnt ever dare to hear this track in a dark locked room at full blast 

the track in question starts at 27:22, but the whole album really is quite a journey...

i've never got scared from listening to music but i'm getting separation anxiety from so many tracks, if that counts...

...from this 3 probaly ALSO cause they're some of tracks that changed my life by shifting my ears from classical music (yes, i was a nerd-child) and that was 20 yrs ago and they remind me everytime how little time we have.

*cries every time* 

noone can touch the depth of ae in modern music imo

this is a gem from the noise thread, i wouldnt ever dare to hear this track in a dark locked room at full blast 

the track in question starts at 27:22, but the whole album really is quite a journey...

Jason Crumer does a lot of great dread filled noise. Walk With Me is a favourite drunken Sunday blues record.

Archived