IGNORED

RX-101 - Transmission CD + EP4 12"

Uros

So, I guess this will be his more acid orientated stuff?

Sorry to be a nancy, but preferd his first 2 eps. loved those! ep3 was too much standard acid, imooooooo. 13 in a dozen acid rubbery stuff. 

This is what Jason said on the other thread:

"EP3 is PURE Universal Indicator style. I may have posted before that it would have some Classics/Caustic Window industrial-style techno mixed in too, but I decided to save that style for a whole EP's worth (EP5!)... so re-compiled EP3 and now it's 6 tracks of pure UI style acid. I believe some of these were never uploaded to Soundcloud before, but some definitely were...

EP4 will be again roughly in the SAW1 style like EP2."

Some copy/paste promo for EP4:

Suction Records is proud to present the 4th and final volume of RX-101’s “EP” series of vinyl releases, showcasing a selection of standout cuts from Dutch producer Erik Jong’s vast archive of previously-unreleased techno, IDM, acid, and electro, recorded to cassette from 1997-1999. Roland’s cover-star instruments, the SH-101 and Juno-106, play a prominent role in EP 4’s sound - a playful mix of joyous, sometimes haunting synthesizer melodies, and raw, crunchy percussion. From the early-Squarepusher melodies of opener Themis, to the eerie Boards of Canada-like nostalgia of Transmission, EP 4 delivers 6 tracks of classic late-90s electronix, with RX-101 affirming himself as an unheralded master in the Rephlex/Warp/Skam domain.

Limited to 500 copies, with 200 copies on GREY VINYL.

A1. Themis
A2. M.A.S.S.
A3. Saiph
B1. Transmission
B2. Reflected Ray
B3. The Quest for Ganymedes

I missed that part on the first glimpse, but yes it's odd. I thought Jason had a clear vision about which tracks would end up on EP5 and the concept was supposed to follow the 2 12" EP + CD Comp policy. :mellow::shrug:  

So, I guess this will be his more acid orientated stuff?

Sorry to be a nancy, but preferd his first 2 eps. loved those! ep3 was too much standard acid, imooooooo. 13 in a dozen acid rubbery stuff. 

No, "EP 3" compiled all of the RX  acid material we wanted to release, aside from a couple of bonus acid cuts that are CD/digital exclusives on Transmission.

I understand EP3 not being to everyone's taste, but I don't think it's "13 in a dozen" acid style at all. Very few acid records produced in this Universal Indicator style. Maybe some of the BH808303 stuff gets similar, but still doesn't nail that AFX/UI acid style like EP3 does, IMO.

4th and final?  I thought there were going to be more releases.  Will more be coming on digital only?

Looking forward to getting my hands on these...

Only 4th and final of the "EP" series. Point is, we didn't want to continue with the series concept with these SH-101 covers etc. We'll be releasing plenty more material by RX-101 but it won't follow in this same format.

4th and final?  I thought there were going to be more releases.  Will more be coming on digital only?

Looking forward to getting my hands on these...

Only 4th and final of the "EP" series. Point is, we didn't want to continue with the series concept with these SH-101 covers etc. We'll be releasing plenty more material by RX-101 but it won't follow in this same format.

:emotawesomepm9:  :emotawesomepm9:  :emotawesomepm9:  :emotawesomepm9:

Pre-order links are up, with some new tracks to preview/stream.... Enjoy!

RELEASE DATE is Dec 8, so goods won't be shipping for a month. However, the colour vinyl editions have been tending to sell out very fast - usually before the release date - so if you want a colour vinyl, you know what to do!

cheers,

Jason @ Suction Records

http://facebook.com/suctionrecords

"Transmission" (suction042 CD/digital full-length):
https://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/transmission

"EP 4" (suction041 12-inch EP):
Limited ediiton (200 copies) GREY vinyl:
https://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/ep-4-limited-grey-vinyl-edition
Standard BLACK vinyl:

https://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/ep-4-standard-black-vinyl-edition

Nice! Like the new EP!

Reminds me a lot of Tri Rep era Autechre, btw. Perhaps a bit more upbeat and less glacial, but those rhythms are def a lot closer to Tri Rep Ae, imo. Not picking up the Squarepusher/Boards references from the description, tbh.

Hey Jason, I have a bad memory so could you remind me again if there was some distro connection to Europe. I know you can't do a thing about it but those post costs from USA/CAN to Europe are bad for everyone. :sad:

Hey Jason, I have a bad memory so could you remind me again if there was some distro connection to Europe. I know you can't do a thing about it but those post costs from USA/CAN to Europe are bad for everyone. :sad:

Yes they'll be at Juno, Clone, and plenty of other places.... Distro is through Rubaub in Glasgow.

Colour vinyl is direct-order exclusive.

Nice! Like the new EP!

Reminds me a lot of Tri Rep era Autechre, btw. Perhaps a bit more upbeat and less glacial, but those rhythms are def a lot closer to Tri Rep Ae, imo. Not picking up the Squarepusher/Boards references from the description, tbh.

Cool.... Can't say I hear the Tri Rep influnce!

Squarepusher - def not the beats... Press release specifically refers that to "Themis," where I think you can hear an early-SP influence in the melody, though could be just as much AFX I suppose.

BOC - listen to "Return to Base Station." Also, when you hear the track "Transmission" it'll be even more clear, I think.

For those wondering, EP4 has one track not on the album - Reflected Ray.

EP3 has two tracks not on the album - Neuralgia and Oph-771.

And finally the album has four tracks not on the EPs - 7b7, Broken Cell Tower, Return To Base Station, and Nerve Pinch.

Yes they'll be at Juno, Clone, and plenty of other places.... Distro is through Rubaub in Glasgow.

Thanks...the juno & clone distribution was the thing I was after so I guess the distro thing was slightly something else. Anyway, will they also be available on Dec 8th or later (I remember that was the case with the first lot)? Just trying to figure out where to throw my monies...

Thanks...the juno & clone distribution was the thing I was after so I guess the distro thing was slightly something else. Anyway, will they also be available on Dec 8th or later (I remember that was the case with the first lot)? Just trying to figure out where to throw my monies...

Hi - the timing for when they arrive at shops is basically beyond my control. It depends on when Rubadub places their final order, how long shipping overseas takes, then how long it takes to ship from Rubadub to other shops etc... The 12" will be in stock in all of the usual places on or near the Dec8 release date though, I imagine

Archived