IGNORED

Autechre trying to contact aliens

misuta Go

you can hear the track here: https://www.sonarcalling.com/artists/autechre/

the text says

The archive we have sent are the first 449 prime numbers, transformed into Hz (with phase shifting to avoid beeps in the signal). Every frequency band is delayed by 1/499th of a second, which creates a cycle. The loop lasts exactly one second, and a new band is activated every 1/499th of a second. Is a little complicated, but we are confident that with the given information at the start of the message they will be able to decipher it, or atleast understand that everything is based on a decimal system and understand the concept of a prime number.

you can hear the track here: https://www.sonarcalling.com/artists/autechre/

the text says

The archive we have sent are the first 449 prime numbers, transformed into Hz (with phase shifting to avoid beeps in the signal). Every frequency band is delayed by 1/499th of a second, which creates a cycle. The loop lasts exactly one second, and a new band is activated every 1/499th of a second. Is a little complicated, but we are confident that with the given information at the start of the message they will be able to decipher it, or atleast understand that everything is based on a decimal system and understand the concept of a prime number.

nice...

The thread title is slightly misleading. It's more so that the curators of Sónar Festival are broadcasting the music than Ae doing so directly.

Anyway, my impression as a fan for the last two decades is that they are actually trolling with their "message".

I was going to take some pics of the spectrum of the track, but I decided to make a video instead for fun so you can listen to me stammer about it:

Archived