IGNORED

Recommend me albums similar to Multila (Vladislav Delay)

Polytrix

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite record but I haven't found anything yet that satisfies me in the same way.

I'm aware of all the Porter Ricks stuff (I prefer Vladislav Delay) and love T++ (and all the aliases) with the Wireless EP being another personal favorite. I love the Robert Henke stuff also.

I also adore Actress and find that hits similar veins to Multila at times but it's very different.

I recently got two records by Pole (Stefan Betke) also which are in the kind of glitch/dub-techno feel also.

I'm slowly digging into the Basic Channel stuff also but I'm still yet to hit gold.

Looking forward to your responses. 

Cheeeeeers!

hey hey. i am a big fan of this record and was on a similar mission about a year ago.

htrk - psychic 9-5 club. there are vocals, but it still has that spaced out introvert vibe. to achieve this sound they supposedly they read any interview they could find about the making of Multila, as well as Avalon by Roxy Music.

Wanda Group

Huerco S.

Huevos S seconded! esp. Railroad Blues & Verdigris Reader

Wolfgang Voigt's GAS can be Multila-like ethereal in places

If you haven't already, check Andy Stott's diptych Passed Me By / We Stay Together for some moody dub sludge

Also Dave Huismans (2562 / A Made Up Sound) produces some great post-dub-techno/house/step (Unbalance and Fever are my faves but YMMV)

Thank you! I'll check these out. Massive Stott fan already should have said that.

I love GAS too but don't find it as glitchy if that makes sense. Super lush of course though.

Yes, down with the Huerco S...should put more time into the records though.

Keep them recs coming! :) Thanks. On a major ambient/dub techno vibe at the minute.

I love Multila. I'm sure you've checked out his other stuff, there's plenty of it. The first Uusitalo album is great in a different way and the Sistol record is dope too. 

Some other stuff from around that time that you might like

Kit Clayton - anything really it's all amazing. The Scape album and the Lateral Forces record in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIzsKGoA6V8

Gramm/Farben/Jan Jelinek  - Personal Rock/Textstar/Loopfinding Jazz Records

https://www.youtube.com/embed/w0z5rRcPnZY

Thank you! Yes, it's a very special album (Multila)  - I love how it plays with the listener, sporadically dropping in semblances of structure to sort of lure you into a sense of expected rhythmic structure before just endlessly falling apart again back to controlled chaos. The sub-bass on the whole thing is wonderful too. 

huone is a stone cold classic. such a good listen. vocalcity for me is best sasu but multila a close second

if you're well into T++ then I imagine monolake is showing up in your HUD. hong kong has some similar vibes to multila esp index which was cut from the rerelease. index is so fucking good

Yes, adore Monolake as well. I haven't heard Index - will do now so thank you!

I know this isn't exactly the same sort of ballpark but I've just purchased Substrata by Biosphere and I'm hearing that through for the first time, it's similarly immersive I'd say. Love the throbbing bass again, it's quite beautiful listening so far. 

real question is where's mr ripatti lately?

Seriously.

The story when Visa came out was he made the album in like 3 days (some shit about he had to delay a flight because of an issue with his visa being cleared and took the time to write and record the album) and since then....nothing (I think? or are there other aliases?). So given that time frame, ~3 days for one album, I'm gonna guess he has been writing hundreds of albums and is just waiting to release them. That sounds logical.

I watched an interview with him on YouTube where he wasn't exactly raving about the 'work' aspects of his music career, i.e. touring for live performance life. 

Perhaps he's retreated into his own self-created world of blissed out ambient soundscapes. 

I would.

Our crack agent Lopez is in Helsinki so I'll put him on the case.

**ATTN Daddy Bear: Initiate psytranceops SASUPLS as directed. Burn (your laptop) after reading.  - D'Bear II out

Mild bummer for us that'e hasn't put out stuff in a while, I really dug Kuopio and Visa.  There's still a mess of post Entain-Multilia-Anima output of his I've still yet to check out, so maybe the time for that is nigh nias.

Also, re Monolake, Interstate is absolutely essential and the closest in vein (IMO) to the oscillating groove/collapse vibe that makes Multilia what it is 

Did any of you guys listen to his Ripatti eps? Really heavy hyperactive footwork based stuff. I really dig them.

I tried. Nothing I listened to did anything for me, they seemed, honestly, amateur. Maybe I wasn't listening hard enough, but I remember thinking 'if this was some random fucker on soundcloud i'd have skipped it after 20 seconds.'

Did any of you guys listen to his Ripatti eps? Really heavy hyperactive footwork based stuff. I really dig them.

I tried. Nothing I listened to did anything for me, they seemed, honestly, amateur. Maybe I wasn't listening hard enough, but I remember thinking 'if this was some random fucker on soundcloud i'd have skipped it after 20 seconds.'

These have really grown on me — esp the Heisenberg stuff. Give em another chance!

similar along the kit clayton lines but check out Twerk  (alias chosen before twerking became a thing :)

https://www.discogs.com/Twerk-Living-Vicariously-Through-Burnt-Bread/master/92293 

pole is kind of similar as well

Love Twerk! Such a great album.

Another couple to check out - Ljud by Andreas Tilliander and the first Mokira album. 

Archived