IGNORED

An album I made in my attic by myself

nauticaloperator

Hello,

My name is Peter and I am 26 years old. I made this record in my attic by myself a while back and would like to share it with you all -  hopefully you will find something that you like. Most of it was inspired by Porcupine Tree / Boards of Canada / Radiohead, but many others as well. The recording setup was about as simple as it gets, with a vast majority of it being recorded through an AT 3035 condenser mic into Logic Pro on my laptop. I originally planned to master it but it never happened, maybe someday. 

Anyway - if you like it, it is free to download so please do. It is also on Spotify if you prefer that. Any and all feedback is welcome! 

Hi Peter, welcome to WATMM. I think you’ve done a really good job with this :) It’s very professional and well put together - not really my kind of thing if I’m honest, but I can certainly appreciate the work and effort involved - well done!

Hi Peter, welcome to WATMM. I think you’ve done a really good job with this :) It’s very professional and well put together - not really my kind of thing if I’m honest, but I can certainly appreciate the work and effort involved - well done!

Thank you! Appreciate the honest feedback 

• 1 month later...

i don't really listen to stuff like this much any more but in the 90s i would've bought this twice and everyone i know who owned an alice in chains record would've bought it too. that's not a criticism. i think you did a nice job putting this together. i'm probably hearing coincidences with things i've listened to a shit ton of times long ago.  wouldn't say it's derivative or contrived.. i'm guessing it sounds like you. 

bandcamp says this was released in 2014. 

guessing you're still working on stuff.. saw the few things on your bandcamp from 2016/17 etc..  make more albums.. you're good at it.. 

i don't really listen to stuff like this much any more but in the 90s i would've bought this twice and everyone i know who owned an alice in chains record would've bought it too. that's not a criticism. i think you did a nice job putting this together. i'm probably hearing coincidences with things i've listened to a shit ton of times long ago.  wouldn't say it's derivative or contrived.. i'm guessing it sounds like you. 

bandcamp says this was released in 2014. 

guessing you're still working on stuff.. saw the few things on your bandcamp from 2016/17 etc..  make more albums.. you're good at it.. 

Thanks a lot - I have this nostalgic thing for the 90's...most of the similarities you hear are probably spot on. 

working on putting the next one together now, hoped to have it out already but want to take my time with it. Definitely a new song in the next few weeks though.

Are you a fan of Devin Townsends work at all?  Some of his solo stuff has a similar vibe, especially the vocal harmonies and synth atmospheres.  Nice work on those.  Very smooth delivery.  Have you shopped this around to any indie prog-centred labels?  Might be worth a shot.  Great intro on Emerge and See.  Are those phaser-effected reversed guitars?  Sounds really cool whatever it is.  Great production all around.

Are you a fan of Devin Townsends work at all?  Some of his solo stuff has a similar vibe, especially the vocal harmonies and synth atmospheres.  Nice work on those.  Very smooth delivery.  Have you shopped this around to any indie prog-centred labels?  Might be worth a shot.  Great intro on Emerge and See.  Are those phaser-effected reversed guitars?  Sounds really cool whatever it is.  Great production all around.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm familiar with Devin Townsend from friends but haven't gotten to really listening to his stuff yet, have a feeling I'll like it though. I've tried sending this along to as many labels as I could through SubmitHub but it doesn't seem to do much good, think I'd be better off the old fashioned way (sending a disc via mail). 

As far as the guitar in Emerge, and See - that's exactly what it is, think I used a reverse delay with some phaser. Thanks again for checking it out

Yeah, the label thing is tough if you're not in a band that's already touring around lots and has a reasonably developed following.  It seems most of the ones who do accept unsolicited stuff do prefer digital these days though, which is cool.  Approaching them direct rather than via submit hub would likely increase chances too, with some small personalized thing.  Anyway, I only mention this stuff because I've been trying to figure out a game plan for my own music recently.  It's a tricky thing.  

Archived