IGNORED

Raymond Scott - Three Willow Park (Electronic Music from Inner Space 1961–1971)

MisterE

Not exactly 'new', but I personally just found out about it a couple of weeks ago. I had emailed the people running the official Raymond Scott website a few times over the years, asking if they would ever do a sequel to the really good Manhattan Research compilation of Scott's electronic recordings, which was released in 2000. I started listening to that release one night and decided to send them another email. I googled then found the official site, and the contact form and sent them an email asking- not really expecting a sequel to ever be made at this point.

The reply I got told me to check the site, and lo and behold the very thing I was asking about and never expected to happen was actually advertised right there. I found that at amazon, they had vinylz for not just this new release, but also Manhattan (which I had on CD) and the complete baby series (which I only had the first cd of). I ended up getting them all. Normal people can just get the mp3s or cds or whatever.

I emailed them again to tell them I loved the new one (I think I like it a little more than Manhattan, because there are more tracks with just music and no talking, and much less redundancy than in Manhattan where you get multiple versions of the same thing), and got a reply that it's not selling to well and to spread the word.

So that's what I'm doing!

New release (actually came out in June) is called Three Willow Park and I believe it covers a later period, with tracks featuring the infamous motown electronium. They also have a link to a .zip containing tons of scans of old annotated document/photo type stuff. I've only had time to glance at it but it's really cool if you're into obscure stuff like that.

Archived