IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shitty future real wtf

YO303

I still think he bought it because twitter was the one source constantly stirring up the shit he does and pretty much all stuff that he didn't like the world to see stirred up there . like this guy tracking his plane or various other allegations. now nothing comes up anymore and he can even influence the elections 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 3:39 PM, randomsummer said:

I really hope X / Twitter dies completely before Musk is able to use it to fuck with the next US presidential election.

dqs6ranosusb1.jpg

the next frame should be X doing a Seppuku.. hopefully

edit: why is he just such and endless douche?

vk1oel6jr7tb1.jpg?width=462&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius

enabling the fascists in US government is something musk will continue to use his assets for

and, the information plague has not yet reached its peak. recent advancements in large language models (chatgpt) mean increased effectiveness among posting operations.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

lols. i had no idea the X sign flashed like that. i think if i lived across from it i'd be shooting BB guns at it all day. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's an excellent 4 part podcast series about musk on 'Tech won't save us'. Recommended. 

On 10/7/2023 at 5:52 AM, Nebraska said:

p.s. found the mod really annoying how she kept interrupting/interjecting

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I love the photoshopped hand in that pic

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

“When I say payments, I actually mean someone’s entire financial life. If it involves money. It’ll be on our platform. Money or securities or whatever. So, it’s not just like send $20 to my friend. I’m talking about, like, you won’t need a bank account.” Musk said, according to audio of the meeting obtained by The Verge.

X CEO Linda Yaccarino said the company sees this becoming a “full opportunity” in 2024. “It would blow my mind if we don’t have that rolled out by the end of next year,” Musk said.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/26/23934216/x-twitter-bank-elon-musk-2024

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

• Burger 1

24 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

“When I say payments, I actually mean someone’s entire financial life. If it involves money. It’ll be on our platform. Money or securities or whatever. So, it’s not just like send $20 to my friend. I’m talking about, like, you won’t need a bank account.” Musk said, according to audio of the meeting obtained by The Verge.

X CEO Linda Yaccarino said the company sees this becoming a “full opportunity” in 2024. “It would blow my mind if we don’t have that rolled out by the end of next year,” Musk said.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/26/23934216/x-twitter-bank-elon-musk-2024

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

he's trying to do what that company in china does.. that platform where you can do everything from the app. i forget the name of it.. but it seems a bit much to let one entity control your life. "sorry, you made a mean tweet about elon musk. you've been suspended and you cannot use the app for anything for 3 months. we will reconsider your case at that time"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he's trying to do what that company in china does.. that platform where you can do everything from the app. i forget the name of it.. but it seems a bit much to let one entity control your life. "sorry, you made a mean tweet about elon musk. you've been suspended and you cannot use the app for anything for 3 months. we will reconsider your case at that time"

WeChat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeChat

Fucking one app to rule them all. You can use it in the US if you want 😄

• Farnsworth 1

lol, I'm not giving Elon access to my finances, he can't even run a well established social media website without tanking it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

*can't stand that lex fridman guy. 

Major brands such as Apple, IBM, and Lionsgate have paused their advertisements on social media platform X (formerly Twitter) after Elon Musk endorsed an anti-Semitic post on X that claimed "members of the Jewish community were stoking hatred against white people."

"IBM has zero tolerance for hate speech and discrimination and we have immediately suspended all advertising on X while we investigate this entirely unacceptable situation," the firm had said in a statement.

"It is unacceptable to repeat the hideous lie behind the most fatal act of anti-Semitism in American history at any time, let alone one month after the deadliest day for the Jewish people since the Holocaust," White House spokesman Andrew Bates

https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/17/23965928/apple-x-ads-elon-musk-antisemitic-posts

• Like 2

He needs to take less drugs and spend less time on twitter.

In my role as partial musk apologist (as in, I'll defend some things up to a point) last week literally the biggest object ever to take off, took off. With 33 of the most sophisticated rocket engines ever built.

Tesla Model Y was the worlds best selling car in Q1 2023. Not just best selling EV, best sellng car.

Global EV sales increasing - this isn't just Tesla, a lot of it is now coming from China, and other large manufacturers like VW are now having an impact. But arguably Tesla helped to bring this about (as is their mission statement).

image.png.dab1286b9e1234ac2d71bf30ab30c079.png

Tesla Energy are installing huge battery plants all over the world to help energy grids deal with demand spikes that would otherwise involve firing up dormant fossil fuel plants. Article: Tesla is killing off coal and gas plants with its giant battery projects

image.png.d6f458c6b4db4ad3528e6e7021a45696.png

500,000 Powerwalls installed globally - domestic battery product which complements solar panels by providing battery storage

Thousands of Starlink terminals provided to Ukraine for free

Starlink offered to aid groups in Gaza (although I can't find any recent reports confirming that this actually happened)

31 minutes ago, zazen said:

He needs to take less drugs and spend less time on twitter.

In my role as partial musk apologist (as in, I'll defend some things up to a point) last week literally the biggest object ever to take off, took off. With 33 of the most sophisticated rocket engines ever built.

Tesla Model Y was the worlds best selling car in Q1 2023. Not just best selling EV, best sellng car.

Global EV sales increasing - this isn't just Tesla, a lot of it is now coming from China, and other large manufacturers like VW are now having an impact. But arguably Tesla helped to bring this about (as is their mission statement).

image.png.dab1286b9e1234ac2d71bf30ab30c079.png

Tesla Energy are installing huge battery plants all over the world to help energy grids deal with demand spikes that would otherwise involve firing up dormant fossil fuel plants. Article: Tesla is killing off coal and gas plants with its giant battery projects

image.png.d6f458c6b4db4ad3528e6e7021a45696.png

500,000 Powerwalls installed globally - domestic battery product which complements solar panels by providing battery storage

Thousands of Starlink terminals provided to Ukraine for free

Starlink offered to aid groups in Gaza (although I can't find any recent reports confirming that this actually happened)

yeah.. none of that puts him in the win column for me. the list of cons is still far ahead of the list of 'pros'. 

regardless, i hope newer less explosive battery tech takes over for the battery industry.  the solid state battery tech is already starting to show up in commercial facilities but they don't quite have it sorted out for mass consumer roll outs. 

what's fucked up.. is all the renewables coming on line haven't reduced fossil fuel energy production.. they aren't cutting the carbon dioxide at all.. energy production from renewables is only adding to consumption. people are just using more power. 

elon is self interested as it gets. he will do whatever he can to insure car focused culture including sabotaging plans for mass transit high speed rail in california by dangling the hyperloop fantasy in the face of legislators... not to mention the boring company and underground traffic jams in vegas... 

these billionaires aren't going to save us and i don't see a "new gain" from any of them. they aren't here for us.. they're here for themselves. self important assholes trying to dominate an industry to allow for their own aggrandizement. 

if someone buys a Cybertruck from tesla and tries to sell it during the first year of ownership tesla will sue you and can refuse to sell you a car in the future. 

HcqI0Hf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 1:51 PM, ignatius said:

fck'em. they banned me for no reason. for minor ragging on musk in really gentle ways. but wouldn't even tell me why.. 

you've been done a favour.

• Like 2

I don't want this to get buried in the youtube thread and it's relevant insofar as this is a thread to bag out tech cunts, so this goes here. this is some egregious shit. skip to the demo at 13:08 to cut to the chase

Edited by usagi
  • Like 2