IGNORED

s t a r g a z e - Boards of Canada's 'Hi Scores' (Leith Theatre, Edinburgh - Sat 25th August 2018)

NewSchoolScience

Oh wow, thanks for sharing! I had the pleasure of seeing this set live at Eaux Claires fest last year in Wisconsin and i still haven't shut up about how good it was.

Wonderfully done overall, doesn't get too 'jazzy' thankfully with melodic/percussive rhythms being wildly altered and/or chords leading to different resolutions etc. These are tasteful versions utilising the novel acoustic aspects of their recreation as the hook rather than bravado on the part of the players. Thanks for sharing!

This is the type of thing where to me it feels like a shame that it wasn't recorded decently.  I don't know how much it costs to hire someone with good equipment to properly record a performance like this but this was all done and now it only exists in some shitty recording, kind of a waste

This is the type of thing where to me it feels like a shame that it wasn't recorded decently.  I don't know how much it costs to hire someone with good equipment to properly record a performance like this but this was all done and now it only exists in some shitty recording, kind of a waste

I would assume they've either already recorded a decent rehearsal or had this set recorded professionally and are just gonna sit on it until they sort out the licensing, etc. I agree it would be a shame to have something like this just vapourise and I'm sure they realise this.

This is the type of thing where to me it feels like a shame that it wasn't recorded decently. I don't know how much it costs to hire someone with good equipment to properly record a performance like this but this was all done and now it only exists in some shitty recording, kind of a waste

The conductor said (you can hear this in the recording) that they plan on having a commercial release of this material next year, pending clearance with Warp/BoC. I believe the BoC brothers were at the event (there was a bit of commotion and pointing in the upper tier of the theatre when the conductor suggested they might be) so I’d be surprised if they had any issues with it. Warp on the other hand...

I would be surprised if this wasn't recorded from the soundboard...

It was recorded on my iPhone, that was sitting in my shirt pocket :biggrin:

I meant that the organiser of the event would have recorded it via the soundboard, and if they didn't I would be very surprised that they wouldn't want to preserve it in some way...

If this was all performed using acoustic instruments, what soundboard would be used?

:facepalm:

So there was no amplification? If not, then yeah, no soundboard. Oops!

I guess it all depends on if it was all mic'd up. May not have needed to be by looking at the inside of the theatre.

I would be surprised if this wasn't recorded from the soundboard...

It was recorded on my iPhone, that was sitting in my shirt pocket :biggrin:

I meant that the organiser of the event would have recorded it via the soundboard, and if they didn't I would be very surprised that they wouldn't want to preserve it in some way...

Then we need an Autechre @ Glasgow Art School type leak!

If this was all performed using acoustic instruments, what soundboard would be used?

I guess it all depends on if it was all mic'd up. May not have needed to be by looking at the inside of the theatre.

It was all mic-ed up and amplified through the venue speakers.

Then go raid the sound guys place for the recordings. BoC fans await

Then go raid the sound guys place for the recordings. BoC fans await

YESSSSSS

The quality of the recording made at Eaux Claires fest is pretty decent but it's not the whole set. They also had a rapper feature on June 9th which wasn't what i wanted.

Archived