trump dog-whistles to violent extremists. trying to be slick, using coded language, does not change the fact that the dude incites murderous violence, wittingly. he's a domestic terrorist leader.

in the sept 29, 2020 debate he was prompted to denounce the proud boys and his response was "stand back and stand by." they were later key in breaching the capitol and were convicted for seditious conspiracy. 

mark meadows's book said trump knew he had covid when he went to the debate with biden on sept 29, 2020. biden getting covid before the vaccines would have threatened his life.

he was always a sociopath and he's already been killing people as part of his authoritarian efforts. he sent ashley babbitt to her death, then paid off her family with huge fundraisers and other financial infusions. a million americans died from covid and he deliberately worsened the pandemic as part of his plan to use mail-in ballots as pretext for disputing the election. 

he nearly sparked a war with iran, killing their 3rd highest government official. that was coincidentally 2 weeks before his first impeachment trial in the senate started, in which john bolton was a key witness who ultimately did not testify (bolton long pushed for an iran strike). 50 americans got traumatic brain injuries from the counter-attack, and further escalation was avoided by iran accidentally downing a commercial airliner.

he withheld military aid to ukraine as they fought the earlier part of the russian offensive, in which russian-backed separatists were claiming territory in donbas. 

a trumpist living in a van covered in trump stickers mailed bombs to obama and others. 

trump knows what he is doing and he is continuing to do it. the uprising he pushes fantasies about won't happen but some small amount of idiots may end up killing people needlessly. 

but fox news and the national republican party are still out there pushing this guy. their strategy congealed as the alternate-reality strategy, in the obama years - fox and the gop, in collaboration with each-other, legitimizing the narratives that test the best, harvested from fake news blogs, with weaselly innuendo, constructing alternate realities that brainwash people. now these people at fox and in the national gop are themselves deluded, and the ecosystem has been breeding them for cynicism that rationalizes their furtherance of harmful deception. they defer responsibility to the whole, and the whole is wandering further down a dark path, steered by foreign adversary intelligence and special interest collectives. the oil lobby props up politicians who play ball, this is an example of how different forces with different motivations and different rationalizations end up propping up the same ecosystem of bullshit. it's the counter-reality strategy that they like. 

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1

regarding the million dead, it's a pretty clear argument: if US suffered death rates other countries did then we'd have lost 100,000 people instead of a million. this author, eric klinenberg, makes the point around 17:00 into this, which is a great episode. he wrote a book about 2020 and articulates well the failure of government. trumpists act like trump should get a pass for covid but actually covid is a perfect example of why he should not be president.  

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, may be rude said:

trump knows what he is doing and he is continuing to do it. the uprising he pushes fantasies about won't happen but some small amount of idiots may end up killing people needlessly. 

I'd imagine there will be deaths related to the outcome of this election no matter who wins. violent protests, police clashes either way...with the level of societal chaos and domestic terrorism threat that swirls around him, I'm surprised some special op lone gunman hasn't tried to take him out by now. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

I'd imagine there will be deaths related to the outcome of this election no matter who wins. violent protests, police clashes either way...with the level of societal chaos and domestic terrorism threat that swirls around him, I'm surprised some special op lone gunman hasn't tried to take him out by now. 

it's a weird election year where there is a wide array of possible futures on the table. if people do things right then the only thing that will happen will be the republicans losing badly and the right learning from the loss and evolving. that would be the best thing for everybody. 

Edited by may be rude

On 3/31/2024 at 11:59 PM, ignatius said:

1zy14kpaaqrc1.jpeg?width=513&auto=webp&s

it doesn't even need an article because it's retina-burningly obvious, but here's one anyway discussing the use of the Baltimore bridge disaster by certain actors to whip up a geostrategic media frenzy:

1.png

Edited by Walter Ostanek
  • Like 4

i really like that biden is focusing on cold fusion, among other great climate policies. cold fusion is one of the most important technological innovations that we need regarding the greenhouse gas problem. there have been really significant fusion breakthroughs in the last few years. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-japan-announce-joint-partnership-accelerate-nuclear-fusion-sources-2024-04-10/

i also like the cancer "moonshot" initiative. i think these are great examples of what good american leadership can look like. https://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/news-updates/2024/03/08/fact-sheet-biden-cancer-moonshot-announces-commitments-from-leading-health-insurers-and-oncology-providers-to-make-navigation-services-accessible-to-more-than-150-million-americans/

On 3/4/2024 at 6:43 AM, EdamAnchorman said:
On 3/3/2024 at 12:46 PM, may be rude said:

it's a lame narrative that's not well-grounded in reality. biden is out there being very effective as president. he's fine and great. fox news and other reality subversion operations have been seeding the narrative since 2019. here's a list of accomplishments

• Lowering Costs of Families’ Everyday Expenses
  • More People Are Working Than At Any Point in American History
  • Making More in America
  • Rescued the Economy and Changed the Course of the Pandemic
  • Rebuilding our Infrastructure
  • Historic Expansion of Benefits and Services for Toxic Exposed Veterans
  • The First Meaningful Gun Violence Reduction Legislation in 30 Years
  • Protected Marriage for LGBTQI+ and Interracial Couples
  • Historic Confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson and Federal Judges of Diverse Backgrounds
  • Rallied the World to Support Ukraine in Response to Putin’s Aggression
  • Strengthened Alliances and Partnerships to Deliver for the American People
  • Successful Counterterrorism Missions Against the Leaders of Al Qaeda and ISIS
  • Executive Orders Protecting Reproductive Rights
  • Historic Student Debt Relief for Middle- and Working-Class Families
  • Ending our Failed Approach to Marijuana
  • Advancing Equity and Racial Justice, Including Historic Criminal Justice Reform
  • Delivering on the Most Aggressive Climate and Environmental Justice Agenda in American History
  • More People with Health Insurance Than Ever Before

of course you're right that we're in a very dangerous situation and we're maybe fucked. but it's not because of biden, it's because people's minds are fucked. there are reasons why someone very seasoned and experienced is exactly what we need right now, and there are trade-offs to younger people. 

some say obama was a better politician than biden but honestly i'm not sure. biden has achieved a number of bipartisan agreements. biden has achieved a number of deft political wins. biden has navigated very difficult territory very successfully.

the misconception is a trick that can be illuminated and defused. is he old? sure, he's 81. is he "too old?" no. he's still sharp. biden is fucking great.

Expand  

I'm not trying to take the piss or anything but sincerely asking how much of this was due to Biden and how much was due to a competent administration / cabinet / advisors / etc.

I get what we're up against with orange T, that backing his challenger is important and the situation is different because we have a 1-term incumbent and so forth...  Even if the answer is that a lot of it was due to the administration, that's still not a reason to vote against Biden, just want to be clear and honest about all this.

i think some credit accrues to the chief executive even when their people are entrusted with decisions because the leadership is a factor in the result.

inherently we have limited visibility but we do see examples of biden's individual talents and personal responsibility. particularly in national defense, the chief of command is visible because they are ultimately responsible. leaving afghanistan is something we wanted every president to do and it took 20 years and biden got it done, even in the face of unfortunate circumstances. strategically helping ukraine with public info dumps in february of 2022 that prebunked a planned russian false flag, for example, was unprecedented and shows adroitness in profound moments. recently he is criticized for continuing the long american tradition of israel support and he has actually taken actions that were both effective and highly unusual for an american president, working toward preventing the violence in gaza, such as abstaining from the recent UN security council vote, much aid delivery, and effectively counseling, advising, and persuading the israeli government to not cause civilian harm. go ahead and point out that everything's not perfect but it remains true that biden is pushing back on israel strongly and effectively to an extent that is very unusual for an american president.

another thing comes to mind. when he entered office, there was no vaccine deployment strategy. trump administration had nothing in place for that. biden's team promptly spun it up from scratch and it was very effective, that winter into spring getting the vaccines to most people who wanted them, very much resolving the worst of the pandemic.

taking unemployment from 10% to 3.5%. inflation is currently at 3% which is roughly normal, biden brought it down after trump helped ratfuck covid, contributing to the global inflation that countries around the world experienced. cranking the GDP and job creation, continually. these are significant accomplishments that surely his team was involved in but also i don't think you can take them away from him as though they occurred despite him. they were a result of his administration.

Edited by may be rude

On 4/13/2024 at 2:06 PM, may be rude said:

taking unemployment from 10% to 3.5%. inflation is currently at 3% which is roughly normal, biden brought it down after trump helped ratfuck covid, contributing to the global inflation that countries around the world experienced. cranking the GDP and job creation, continually. these are significant accomplishments that surely his team was involved in but also i don't think you can take them away from him as though they occurred despite him. they were a result of his administration.

I agree with the assessment that Biden and his administration have been good for the GDP and job creation. but we know a large chunk of people vote on what effects them personally - and the rising inflation isn't helping Biden - since voters will blame him for it. GDP is good for businesses, but high food/gas prices are what the majority of the voting population are more concerned with.

I've heard from T supporters that they're voting for him because "he's good for the economy." there is some truth to that, if you consider 2017-2019 data linked in the article below:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-biden-economy-gdp-wages-inflation/

my response to them when they say that is along the lines of well look at the economy now under Biden - do you think this is somehow bad? look at the stock market if you need proof, since that's probably the quickest/easiest way to understand economic health.

covid was an anomaly that effected global economies, not just US. Trump could be seen as the unfortunate guy sitting in the white house at the time, and the economic shit storm that it caused was not of his doing. yes Trump's handling of it here was a disaster, but since covid is gone from the news cycle, many voters I don't think really care about who or how it wound down exactly. 

you know I'm largely playing devil's advocate here... I will not be voting for Trump. but I also want to remind you that Biden is not some white knight that has been a home run for the entire country. I still don't understand why the democrats cannot find someone other than him within their party that has broader appeal. they should be focusing on creating Obama 2.0 if you ask me.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, zero said:

rising inflation isn't helping Biden

inflation is not rising, it is coming down. inflation was a global consequence of the pandemic and USA under biden has been recovering well.
image.png.3ed60fbb2fad2c2062782c8aad253b60.png

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

35 minutes ago, zero said:

T supporters that they're voting for him because "he's good for the economy."

he inherited a great economy from obama and he tanked it. the covid impact didn't have to be as bad as it was, trump bears responsibility. that's what happened. if obama were president when covid hit then things would have been very different and not nearly as bad. 

those positions of trump supporters are not logically well-supported. biden didn't cause inflation, but he's just about fixed it. trump wasn't good for the economy, he inherited a good one and messed it up. biden brought it back. 

40 minutes ago, zero said:

my response to them when they say that is along the lines of well look at the economy now under Biden - do you think this is somehow bad? look at the stock market if you need proof, since that's probably the quickest/easiest way to understand economic health.

that's awesome that you're engaging with people like that. it's not easy but those difficult conversations are a necessary part of the way out of this mess.

15 minutes ago, may be rude said:

inflation is not rising, it is coming down. inflation was a global consequence of the pandemic and USA under biden has been recovering well.

I'd say historical graphs showing annual rises/falls don't matter to the average red hat wearing citizen. they look at how prices are today, this week, etc., and make their Biden good vs bad determination based on this. gas is expensive. meat's expensive. mortgage rates still high. Biden's fault. shit like this. they don't take geopolitical factors like Israel vs Iran affecting gas prices into account because they pay more for gas and that's all Biden's fault!

inflation also looks to be up down up down up down depending on the week right now - https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/13/surging-inflation-fears-sent-markets-tumbling-and-fed-officials-scrambling.html

29 minutes ago, may be rude said:

that's awesome that you're engaging with people like that. it's not easy but those difficult conversations are a necessary part of the way out of this mess.

lol I have no choice to engage with them. I don't get into a debate tho as it's not my style. a lot of people I deal with for work are between Arizona to Mississippi - hardly pro-Biden states. I probably run into more T supporters than Biden out in the wild.

buy yeah... the end goal here should be to try and get more people to fall off the trump train. sadly this is not as easy as it should be. why tf anyone supports him is beyond reason.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 12:54 PM, Nebraska said:

mike pillow is going to the supreme court to reveal “the most explosive evidence ever!

this should be very exciting

update:  The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal from Mike Lindell, the MyPillow founder and prominent election denier, who unsuccessfully argued his rights were violated when FBI agents seized his phone in 2022.

“Lindell’s irritation as to where and how the government took possession of his cell phone does not give rise to a constitutional claim, let alone a showing of a callous disregard for his constitutional rights,” Judge Ralph Erickson of the St. Louis-based 8th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in decision last September.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/04/15/supreme-court-mypillow-lindell-phone/73279224007/

• Haha 1