100-centre-street-courthouse-trump-80358

On Friday afternoon, a man set himself on fire in a small park across the street from the lower Manhattan courthouse where Donald Trump is on trial. Max Azzarello, 37, of Florida was identified by authorities as the man who set himself on fire and is now hospitalized in critical condition. In a manifesto, he said his act was in order to bring attention to a set of conspiratorial beliefs, which he also put on flyers he tossed before igniting himself.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/person-on-fire-outside-of-trump-trial-live-updates.html

• Big Brain 1

5 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

On Friday afternoon, a man set himself on fire in a small park across the street from the lower Manhattan courthouse where Donald Trump is on trial. Max Azzarello, 37, of Florida was identified by authorities as the man who set himself on fire and is now hospitalized in critical condition. In a manifesto, he said his act was in order to bring attention to a set of conspiratorial beliefs, which he also put on flyers he tossed before igniting himself.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/person-on-fire-outside-of-trump-trial-live-updates.html

his manifesto:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

As it turns out, we have a secret kleptocracy: Both parties are run by financial criminals whose only goals are to divide, deceive, and bleed us dry. They divide the public against itself and blame the other party while everything gets worse and more expensive and handful of people take all the money.

Since it is fully parasitic, a secret kleptocracy is an incredibly unstable form of government – left to its own devices, it can only lead to fascism or failed state.

some bits of (partial) truths in there as is often the case with lunatics

• Like 1

Jesus Christ. That cnn footage at the end of @Nebraska’s link was intense. That dude was pretty prolific, as well as deeply troubled/confused. I don’t think I believe that we were all brainwashed by Matt Groening, James L Brooks and the simpsons but I could be wrong. 

that's 2 self immolations this year. will there be more? someone is 1 bad customer service experience away from continuing the trend. 

not to make light.. because fucking brutal way to go and the guy's screams.. ugh. heartbreaking. he lived so is only in for more absolute pain and torture with the treatment etc.. if he survives beyond potential infections etc i can't even.. it's just going to be misery all the time.  but wtf. 2 in one year.. ugh.  if this becomes a thing in america.. idk.. beyond the edge. 

noteworthy that trump's new york state criminal trial is anticipated to result in conviction and sentencing for conviction could be upwards of 3 or 4 years prison.

Edited by may be rude

25 minutes ago, may be rude said:

noteworthy that trump's new york state criminal trial is anticipated to result in conviction and sentencing for conviction could be upwards of 3 or 4 years prison.

i think all the jurors already got doxxed. he is going to intimidate them nonstop. also, his maga chuds will be hell to deal with. it only takes one juror to hang things up right?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i think all the jurors already got doxxed. he is going to intimidate them nonstop. also, his maga chuds will be hell to deal with. it only takes one juror to hang things up right?

IMG_6676.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 1:41 PM, zero said:
On 4/15/2024 at 1:04 PM, may be rude said:

that's awesome that you're engaging with people like that. it's not easy but those difficult conversations are a necessary part of the way out of this mess.

lol I have no choice to engage with them. I don't get into a debate tho as it's not my style. a lot of people I deal with for work are between Arizona to Mississippi - hardly pro-Biden states. I probably run into more T supporters than Biden out in the wild.

buy yeah... the end goal here should be to try and get more people to fall off the trump train. sadly this is not as easy as it should be. why tf anyone supports him is beyond reason.

a critical move in the martial art of US political messaging is the tactic of finding the best fact to share and sharing it at the opportune moment, with an individual. often you have to feel out which fact and when is the moment, but you can also sometimes think about it ahead of time. 

a good fact is something that 

• is very well established and not disputed among serious people
  • is significant, relevant and not as commonly known as it should be
  • the other person would find interesting.

you want them to receive it in the spirit of it just being something interesting, significant and relevant. and if you do it right then they will, and they will go away with it and probably think about it some more. it may lead them to other things or change the way they think about some things. you may be surprised how impactful the cascading consequences of a single good fact can be.

debates are actually quite difficult. great journalists commonly falter in live debate because it's just not easy to do effectively. it's one of the reasons why bullshit is allowed to fly so much. that's why the tactic of just focusing on a single quality fact is actually a really effective tactic.

with trump there are so many, and counter-truth messaging is employed for each, by the fox-gop-etc consortium. that's why it's good to really try to think about what's the best one to share. i like: he tried to topple the us government. that's pretty bad. it's just plainly logically ridiculous to try to put someone like that into the office. unless they're in the burn-it-down segment, but that shouldn't be much more than 20% of the population, lol. anyway his coup attempt is pretty starkly apparent to anyone who decides to familiarize themselves with the information. the fake electors scheme, combined with the jeff clark doj scheme to use doj to threaten pressure, and deceive states governments like that of georgia, combined with eastman's plan to have pence decide the winner on january 6th, combined with trump's participation in a proud boys plot to disrupt the congressional proceeding. pence's life was seriously in danger as he hid with a handful of secret service in the overrun capital building, and trump was out there tweeting that pence fucked up rather than calling off the dogs. it was an outright coup attempt. 

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

“Even Lady Gaga’s against you”

at first i was thinking "JFC nuke from orbit" but he gets into classic triumph mode once he gets going. pretty funny one liners in there. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ignatius said:

at first i was thinking "JFC nuke from orbit" but he gets into classic triumph mode once he gets going. pretty funny one liners in there. 

Robert Schmiegel is an underrated comedic genius. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Robert Schmiegel is an underrated comedic genius. 

he is indeed a genius. i think comics know, and people in the industry know that he's sort of a comedy GOAT.  had his hands in so many things as a writer.. showed up all over the place and has a lot of famous/successful friends who he collaborates w/now and then. 

• Like 2