Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will step down as Republican leader in November.

McConnell, R-Ky., announced his plans in an emotional speech on the Senate floor shortly after aides confirmed his plans to reporters. 

"This will be my last term as Republican leader of the Senate," McConnell said, his voice cracking.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/28/1163447619/mitch-mcconnell-steps-down?utm_medium=JSONFeed&utm_campaign=news&utm_source=press.coop

good riddance fuckface. i assume his voice was cracking in sadness because he’s going to miss out on fucking over even more Americans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/28/1163447619/mitch-mcconnell-steps-down?utm_medium=JSONFeed&utm_campaign=news&utm_source=press.coop

good riddance fuckface. i assume his voice was cracking in sadness because he’s going to miss out on fucking over even more Americans.

sounds like he's just stepping down as leader but not retiring??? or did i read that wrong?

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sounds like he's just stepping down as leader but not retiring??? or did i read that wrong?

that’s what you’re reading but i imagine he’s on the way out entirely one way or the other. Pelosi did the same basic thing (last year i think?) and she’s still in but i’d be surprised if she lasts more than another term or two. Senate terms are 6 years tho so he’s likely going to bow out entirely once his term is up in 2027 i’d guess….his health problems have been obvious and worsening for years now. he ain’t gonna suddenly get younger/healthier over the next ~3 years.

lol

https://apnews.com/article/trump-james-appeal-bond-fraud-new-york-3093352e94274f9daba3d84f0c43467e

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York appellate judge on Wednesday refused to halt collection of Donald Trump’s $454 million civil fraud penalty while he appeals, rejecting the former president’s request that he be allowed to post a bond covering just a fraction of what he owes.

to those who say that what they say and do doesn't matter

image.png.5d468c43a6b45901403dadd7099ef911.png

biden won the popular vote by 7 million but he won the election by 111,694 votes across 3 states. 158 million people voted. 

Edited by trying to be less rude

30 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

to those who say that what they say and do doesn't matter

image.png.5d468c43a6b45901403dadd7099ef911.png

biden won the popular vote by 7 million but he won the election by 111,694 votes across 3 states. 158 million people voted. 

yeah.. we all remember sweating it out over night/for days as the returns came in from the mail in votes etc.  and we get to relive it in a matter of months. 

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. we all remember sweating it out over night/for days as the returns came in from the mail in votes etc.  and we get to relive it in a matter of months. 

at least there's not a psychopath at the wheel for this one. 

will be interesting. looking like the coup trial could be july or august. with a little bit of luck, the republicans could perform very poorly in november.

1 hour ago, trying to be less rude said:

at least there's not a psychopath at the wheel for this one. 

will be interesting. looking like the coup trial could be july or august. with a little bit of luck, the republicans could perform very poorly in november.

apparently hackers got ahold of all the docs for the georgia trial and are threatening to release them unless they get a ransom. so, russian hackers and this is to create chaos. if they dump the files on line then... i don't know the legal ramifications.. maybe won't mean anything... 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hackers-threaten-to-leak-donald-trumps-georgia-trial-docs-if-ransom-isnt-paid-report

Edited by ignatius
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ignatius said:

apparently hackers got ahold of all the docs for the georgia trial and are threatening to release them unless they get a ransom. so, russian hackers and this is to create chaos. if they dump the files on line then... i don't know the legal ramifications.. maybe won't mean anything... 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hackers-threaten-to-leak-donald-trumps-georgia-trial-docs-if-ransom-isnt-paid-report

interesting. i'm not expecting the georgia trial to start before the election. if it does, that means it would be ongoing up to and through election day, because it's expected to be maybe around 6 months, and the soonest it could be scheduled would be months out from now. it would be pretty funny if trump is in the middle of a 6-month, televised RICO trial for shit like conspiring to threaten election workers and threatening the GA secretary of state to find him 11,000 votes leading up to and during the election. but i won't be surprised if it's delayed until after election day.

to be clear for the watmm audience, i was referring to the federal coup trial starting potentially in july or august. that's a whole other coup trial. the supreme court just said it will hear the immunity argument, which is blocking the federal coup trial being scheduled. the SC will hear that on april 22, and will decide in the weeks following, at which point the federal coup trial can be scheduled (assuming the SC does not agree that trump is immune from prosecution, which is considered extremely unlikely). once the SC decides the immunity question, the trial can be scheduled for about 2 months later. so july or august are decent guesses, though it's possible the timeframe could get too close to the election and consequently delayed until after... which would be very unfortunate. but if the federal trial is happening in august then i think it's expected to not last nearly as long as the GA trial, i think the federal trial is expected to be more like 1 month. so we could a verdict before the election. not sure when to expect appeals decisions after a verdict. @ignatius tagging for edit

1 minute ago, trying to be less rude said:

interesting. i'm not expecting the georgia trial to start before the election. if it does, that means it would be ongoing up to and through election day, because it's expected to be maybe around 6 months, and the soonest it could be scheduled would be months out from now. it would be pretty funny if trump is in the middle of a 6-month, televised trial for shit like conspiring to threaten election workers and threatening the GA secretary of state to find him 11,000 votes leading up to and during the election. but i won't be surprised if it's delayed until after election day.

to be clear for my watmm audience, i was referring to the federal coup trial starting potentially in july or august. that's a whole other coup trial.

they're trying to get it going in august. 

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213895254/trump-georgia-proposed-trial-date

i think he has to be present in court for a lot of it.. or plans to.. so i'll be doing trump rallies then going to court then doing trump rallies then going to court.. in his stupid extra large plane. 

read somewhere that his plane can seat like 100 people or something and it's massively expensive to operate and maintain. even when comparing to normal private jets. his plane is a 757 or something huge. so he's dumping tons of cash into it every month. such an idiot. 

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that article is from 4 months ago. since then, it was revealed that fanni was banging one of the prosecutors. that allowed for new motions or whatever by defendants, allowing more delay tactics. so i think the court watchers now are not expecting a GA trial to start on that timeframe. i think there's a chance it could still start before the election but i'm not sure and i thinks it's unlikely, if even possible. 

• Farnsworth 1

13 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

that article is from 4 months ago. since then, it was revealed that fanni was banging one of the prosecutors. that allowed for new motions or whatever by defendants, allowing more delay tactics. so i think the court watchers now are not expecting a GA trial to start on that timeframe. i think there's a chance it could still start before the election but i'm not sure and i thinks it's unlikely, if even possible. 

oh shit. i'm outta the loop on the prosecutor banging. is that not allowed? aren't they on the same side? can we not fuck our friends in this day and age? 😉

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

oh shit. i'm outta the loop on the prosecutor banging. is that not allowed? aren't they on the same side? can we not fuck our friends in this day and age? 😉

it's allowed. but fanni decided to hire this outside prosecutor so people are trying to make accusations like she benefited from money he was paid by the state of georgia because they went on vacations together (she claims to have reimbursed him for dinners or whatever), and maybe defendants will claim that the case is tainted as though she used it to get time with the prosecutor, wade, who has been in the process of divorcing his wife... fani and wade claim their relationship started after she hired him. 

in any case, fani fucked up. she should not have opened up the prosecution to criticism like this. it's very disappointing. it doesn't mean the case will go away but now fani's office needs to try to make sure it doesn't go away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

televised RICO trial

fingers crossed this does not happen. the last thing anyone needs is him getting more TV time. him being on a televised trial will only gain him more supporters. you'd think it would work oppositely, but logical thinking is persona non grata in the T world. 

Republican state Rep. Ken Ivory is sponsoring a bill that criminalizing Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA). It defines Satanic Ritual Abuse as: 

An actor commits ritual abuse of a child if the actor, as part of a ritual, intentionally or knowingly;

Causes a child to participate in or witness:

1. the torture, mutilation, or sacrifice of an animal;
  2. the dissection, mutilation, or incineration of a human corpse
  3. the causing of serious bodily injury to an individual
  4. bestiality
  5. sadistic or masochistic activities;
  6. the ingestion or external application of an organic substance or material; or
  7. an activity that would constitute a criminal offence;

Causes a child to:

1. enter a coffin or open grave containing a human corpse or remains;
  2. participate in a mock, unauthorized, or unlawful marriage ceremony as an individual being married to another individual or a fictional representation; or
  3. ingest, inject, or otherwise intake a chemical compound, narcotic, drug, hallucinogen, or anaesthetic;

Threatens a child, or the child’s parents, family, pets, or friends with death, serious bodily injury, or other criminal activity; Deprives a child of sleep, food, or water; Binds or confines a child; Or otherwise acts to cause to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any individual.

https://le.utah.gov/~2024/bills/hbillint/HB0196S01.pdf

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-advances-bill-criminalize-ritual-child-abuse-rcna140025

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

3 hours ago, zero said:

fingers crossed this does not happen. the last thing anyone needs is him getting more TV time. him being on a televised trial will only gain him more supporters. you'd think it would work oppositely, but logical thinking is persona non grata in the T world. 

his time would be limited. it would share a lot of important, well-formulated information with the source evidence right there. the justice system is a system for establishing and laying out truth. i know what you mean, he hacks the marks, and they're a big segment. i think it would be worth it. people would be tuned in and they would absorb some shit that would make an impression.

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Republican state Rep. Ken Ivory is sponsoring a bill that criminalizing Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA). It defines Satanic Ritual Abuse as: 

https://le.utah.gov/~2024/bills/hbillint/HB0196S01.pdf

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-advances-bill-criminalize-ritual-child-abuse-rcna140025

IMG_2634.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

his time would be limited. it would share a lot of important, well-formulated information with the source evidence right there. the justice system is a system for establishing and laying out truth. i know what you mean, he hacks the marks, and they're a big segment. i think it would be worth it. people would be tuned in and they would absorb some shit that would make an impression.

regular American trump guy watching 20 second clips of this trial on Facebook: “sir, you have violated the sacred processes of the justice system, you have no respect for truth, sir, I see by viewing this footage that I have been conned and I solemnly commit myself to voting for joseph biden this November. I am sorry to the United States of America, for my past folly.”

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

IMG_2634.jpeg

next they ought to ban all those vile heavy metal albums. I mean look at this shit - it's the devil's work!!!!

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, usagi said:

lol. you guys are in trouble. and consequently so are the rest of us.

Reveal hidden contents

it's a lame narrative that's not well-grounded in reality. biden is out there being very effective as president. he's fine and great. fox news and other reality subversion operations have been seeding the narrative since 2019. here's a list of accomplishments

• Lowering Costs of Families’ Everyday Expenses
  • More People Are Working Than At Any Point in American History
  • Making More in America
  • Rescued the Economy and Changed the Course of the Pandemic
  • Rebuilding our Infrastructure
  • Historic Expansion of Benefits and Services for Toxic Exposed Veterans
  • The First Meaningful Gun Violence Reduction Legislation in 30 Years
  • Protected Marriage for LGBTQI+ and Interracial Couples
  • Historic Confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson and Federal Judges of Diverse Backgrounds
  • Rallied the World to Support Ukraine in Response to Putin’s Aggression
  • Strengthened Alliances and Partnerships to Deliver for the American People
  • Successful Counterterrorism Missions Against the Leaders of Al Qaeda and ISIS
  • Executive Orders Protecting Reproductive Rights
  • Historic Student Debt Relief for Middle- and Working-Class Families
  • Ending our Failed Approach to Marijuana
  • Advancing Equity and Racial Justice, Including Historic Criminal Justice Reform
  • Delivering on the Most Aggressive Climate and Environmental Justice Agenda in American History
  • More People with Health Insurance Than Ever Before

of course you're right that we're in a very dangerous situation and we're maybe fucked. but it's not because of biden, it's because people's minds are fucked. there are reasons why someone very seasoned and experienced is exactly what we need right now, and there are trade-offs to younger people. 

some say obama was a better politician than biden but honestly i'm not sure. biden has achieved a number of bipartisan agreements. biden has achieved a number of deft political wins. biden has navigated very difficult territory very successfully.

the misconception is a trick that can be illuminated and defused. is he old? sure, he's 81. is he "too old?" no. he's still sharp. biden is fucking great.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1