1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

"pokemon go to the polls" lost the race for clinton

I had to look this up, had not seen it before ๐Ÿ˜‚ Fuck her and her dumb as shit Karen haircut

It reminds me of when Dave Chappelle said her 2016 campaign was like watching Darth Vader give the 'I Have A Dream' speech ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

I had to look this up, had not seen it before ๐Ÿ˜‚ Fuck her and her dumb as shit Karen haircut

It reminds me of when Dave Chappelle said her 2016 campaign was like watching Darth Vader give the 'I Have A Dream' speech ๐Ÿ˜‚

nothing but empty rhetoric from a completely out of touch, dull politician. โ€œJobs, infrastructure, business, unions, apps, Pokรฉmon go.โ€ meanwhile Trump was just roasting everyone he came into contact with and absolutely invigorating his audience. sad!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, usagi said:

nobody reads WATMM ffs. get real, my guy. in a world where public discourse is dominated by either dopamine-hooking ADD social media or the traditional media intelligentsia, who do you think is reading internet forums? let alone aย niche one dedicated to a bygone era of music?

even supposing significant numbers of people on the fence about Biden were exposed to your posts, they wouldn't be swung by the constant jerking him off. instead of, idk, explaining about how their lives might be bettered by a Dem election win. cheerleading turns people off massively, I can see exactly how Trump got the spite-Hillary votes in 2016 and may well get the spite-Biden votes this year.

if you want to actually make a difference then you should be out there campaigning and co-ordinating with others, and with a nuanced strategy aimed at winning people over. you obviously have the energy for it, I can't understand why you're channeling it here instead.

in your first paragraph you say public discourse is dominated by dopamine hooking and social media. you know, watmm is social media and dopamine hooking.

in your second paragraph you offer some thoughts on messaging and it's really nothing interesting to me and i don't agree with much of it. i've addressed a lot of the points already in recent pages and in recent replies to you.ย 

in your third paragraph you make a guess about what i do or don't do when i'm not posting on watmm. i'm not going to post personal stuff to you in this context. cool assumption though.ย 

it's important to you that your posts not be consequential but they are. it's understandable if you are resistant to this, you're not alone. people miss the old world where they could talk bullshit with their friends and it didn't matter. we are in a sociological transition, adapting to a fundamentally different info layer. most information is not propagated like it was before widespread usage of the internet.

the people who show up to vote, and the people who don't make it out to vote, they have their opinions and their reasons. where do they get those? political blogs and twitter? discord and youtube? forums and group chats? facebook groups and ad campaigns? cable news and newspapers? in-person conversations and research? all of these things. we can see the reasons that citizens had for voting or not voting, and for how they voted. we can get these reasons in exit polls at election booths, as well as from other polls, focus groups, and research. the opinions that voters have are often the same narratives that get pushed around the internet, even though they're deceptive. they're often constructed and seeded for the political purpose to cause specific results in elections, and people often don't realize that they've been had. a lot of the deceptive narratives that go around do so by people sharing them and repeating them. individuals are a key part of the system.ย 

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1

I was gonna vote for Trump but then some guy online told me to fist my ass so you can be damn sure Iโ€™m Pokรฉmon going to vote for Bidenย 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

I was gonna vote for Trump but then some guy online told me to fist my ass so you can be damn sure Iโ€™m Pokรฉmon going to vote for Bidenย 

i think you're supposed to fist your ass in the voting booth. ย maybe voting for either candidate is the same as fisting your ass?ย 

idk. i'm american so i'm trying to not think too hard.ย 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i think you're supposed to fist your ass in the voting booth.ย 

come on man, ofc Iโ€™m doing that regardless

• Haha 3

watmm consists of like 5 brits and 3 americans who donโ€™t leave the house. if this is the wave biden is hoping for, he better hope again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, exitonly said:

watmm consists of like 5 brits and 3 americans who donโ€™t leave the house. if this is the wave biden is hoping for, he better hope again

oregon is not a factor really. as portland goes.. so goes oregon.. and biden is sure to get oregon's 0.05 delegates.ย 

ย 

33 minutes ago, exitonly said:

and one sorta-Australian who clearly is out of touch with the self-fisting etiquette of American political discourse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

It seems like democrats are doing the same thing now, but in different ways. I honestly do not understand why the did not just pick different candidates to run against Trump. They decided for god knows why to just try and jam Biden down everyone's throat.

yeah one thing I never quite got was how they ended up with old man joe. he was obv chomping at the bit to jump in the ring, since he's a career politician, Obama's #2, and all that. but ffs...was there no one else semi-competent in the dem sphere ready to step up? I would think the democratic party could have had better O replacement game planning. IMO it's entirely their fault we are at this neck and neck BS with Biden and orange dickwad.

that's what is so depressing about all this...and by all this I mean looking at a T comeback. the dems, a.k.a the other party not tied to a racist con man piece of shit, can't get a decent candidate that would actually be able to swing the swing states. fuckin grandpa Joe is a throw back old guy. and a lot of people out there don't want that. so that says to me that anyone still semi youthful in the dem team doesn't want to become US pres, because of how shit show'd the oval office has been reduced to, partly thanks to donald and the current state of things all political...

the dems are looking weak. R's are a party of racist ego maniacal insane buffoons. this is what we have to choose from this election. it's like humans just never learn from their mistakes over and over again, and we are getting dumber at this governance shit.ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zero said:

yeah one thing I never quite got was how they ended up with old man joe. he was obv chomping at the bit to jump in the ring, since he's a career politician, Obama's #2, and all that. but ffs...was there no one else semi-competent in the dem sphere ready to step up? I would think the democratic party could have had better O replacement game planning. IMO it's entirely their fault we are at this neck and neck BS with Biden and orange dickwad.

that's what is so depressing about all this...and by all this I mean looking at a T comeback. the dems, a.k.a the other party not tied to a racist con man piece of shit, can't get a decent candidate that would actually be able to swing the swing states. fuckin grandpa Joe is a throw back old guy. and a lot of people out there don't want that. so that says to me that anyone still semi youthful in the dem team doesn't want to become US pres, because of how shit show'd the oval office has been reduced to, partly thanks to donald and the current state of things all political...

the dems are looking weak. R's are a party of racist ego maniacal insane buffoons. this is what we have to choose from this election. it's like humans just never learn from their mistakes over and over again, and we are getting dumber at this governance shit.ย 

ย 

biden didn't run after obama left. deferring to hillary. i think he even said something like "it was her turn" but at the time he and lot's of people thought he could've won easily over the orange one. so it goes. well known story now.ย 

but the republicans have no one in the wings waiting either. there's a lack of 'young stars' in both parties.. at least people who could run for president and appeal to the masses.ย 

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

biden didn't run after obama left. deferring to hillary. i think he even said something like "it was her turn" but at the time he and lot's of people thought he could've won easily over the orange one. so it goes. well known story now.ย 

but the republicans have no one in the wings waiting either. there's a lack of 'young stars' in both parties.. at least people who could run for president and appeal to the masses.ย 

my bad on saying O replacement planning. after hillary went down is what I was thinking.ย 

anyway like you said, the lack of young blood in both parties is worrisome. that's why we got who we got right now. 70/80 year olds who both are from generations past. this is not the direction I think the political leaders in this country should be heading. but there are no worthwhile alternatives. old dudes lead to voter turn off and apathy. that is, of course, unless you're a maga cretin, who wants the country to go back to white bread evangelical tent revival segregationist bullshit.

19 minutes ago, zero said:

my bad on saying O replacement planning. after hillary went down is what I was thinking.ย 

anyway like you said, the lack of young blood in both parties is worrisome. that's why we got who we got right now. 70/80 year olds who both are from generations past. this is not the direction I think the political leaders in this country should be heading. but there are no worthwhile alternatives. old dudes lead to voter turn off and apathy. that is, of course, unless you're a maga cretin, who wants the country to go back to white bread evangelical tent revival segregationist bullshit.

there's going to be a struggle i think.. from younger people fighting their way in on all sides. it'll take some time but it's already happening. there are younger more progressive and of course younger totally batshit people in congress who are waiting for more ย people like them to come in and join whatever their fight is.

i'm not the guy to make sense of it right now.. and i think regardless of who is in power they aren't going to do what really matters to make a big difference in the fate of the eco system that we depend on to survive. if it's a democrat there may be more kindness and civility at times.. and maybe we'll keep our healthcare options and get some "harm reduction" in many different ways. the rotten core of it all will not be fixed and i think it's naive to think it's possible w/o the whole thing collapsing first. "the whole thing" meaning the system we have now. until the economy is linked to the ecosystem in a meaningful way it's all going to slide off a cliff. ย economy and human civilization need to be divorced from the idea of continuous exponential growth. no one is going to dare to even talk about anything approaching those types of ideas.

• Like 2

So I watched the state of the union and Joe absolutely killed it. Iโ€™m not at all passionate about Biden but he actually did a great job. โ€œNo major gaffesโ€ is what cnn said.ย 

speech was so good i finished. now i feel dirty.. like i've betrayed my country. I'm going to have to marry that speech. make a baby with it. raise a family. put in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. White picket fence. quilted toilet paper with triple layer action. electric lawnmower in the summer afternoon. iced tea on the porch. the neighbor's wife trimming the roses with her two husbands. the squirrels running in circles around a dead crow. Bin Laden dead. his corpse on a tray mounted to an air craft carrier. it tilts and his lifeless body slides into the ocean. a summer rain. the iridescent chemical swirl left on the wet street pavement by the garbage truck that collected pounds of single use plastic to take to a 100ft high landfill.ย 

ah, it's a special poem just for me and we all get our own special poem known only to ourselves. a secret we take to the grave. never will another person understand anyone else's poem. individuals bathed in light reflected off a thousand dollar smile from the news anchor who's naked below the waste.ย 

Spoiler

didn't watch the speech. instead i filled my mouth with half-cooked wet rice and spit it onto the floor from the couch

ย 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

speech was so good i finished. now i feel dirty.. like i've betrayed my country. I'm going to have to marry that speech. make a baby with it. raise a family. put in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. White picket fence. quilted toilet paper with triple layer action. electric lawnmower in the summer afternoon. iced tea on the porch. the neighbor's wife trimming the roses with her two husbands. the squirrels running in circles around a dead crow. Bin Laden dead. his corpse on a tray mounted to an air craft carrier. it tilts and his lifeless body slides into the ocean. a summer rain. the iridescent chemical swirl left on the wet street pavement by the garbage truck that collected pounds of single use plastic to take to a 100ft high landfill.ย 

ah, it's a special poem just for me and we all get our own special poem known only to ourselves. a secret we take to the grave. never will another person understand anyone else's poem. individuals bathed in light reflected off a thousand dollar smile from the news anchor who's naked below the waste.ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

didn't watch the speech. instead i filled my mouth with half-cooked wet rice and spit it onto the floor from the couch

ย 

I don't know what reaction to give this post but I'm glad you wrote it ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2