First they came for the Roblox enjoyers

Intercept article:

The federal government’s interest in combating extremism has risen sharply following the January 6 storming of the Capitol. On his first full day in office, President Joe Biden directed his national security team to conduct a comprehensive review of federal efforts to fight domestic terrorism, which the White House has deemed “the most urgent terrorism threat facing the United States” — greater than foreign terrorist groups like the Islamic State group. Biden’s directive resulted in the first ever national strategy for fighting domestic terrorism, released by the White House in June 2021. The strategy mentions “online gaming platforms” as a place where “recruiting and mobilizing individuals to domestic terrorism occurs.” 

Also today a House GOP committee is holding a hearing on pipe bomb threat that took place on January 6th, 2021, where pipe bombs were found outside a DNC & RNC headquarters: https://www.axios.com/2024/03/08/house-republican-hearing-jan-6-pipe-bomb

Really wish there was a quality American fiction writer chronicling our times. So much great stuff for satire and for trying to develop a narrative style that complements the dizzying pace of social, technological, and political life here.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

First they came for the Roblox enjoyers

Intercept article:

Also today a House GOP committee is holding a hearing on pipe bomb threat that took place on January 6th, 2021, where pipe bombs were found outside a DNC & RNC headquarters: https://www.axios.com/2024/03/08/house-republican-hearing-jan-6-pipe-bomb

Really wish there was a quality American fiction writer chronicling our times. So much great stuff for satire and for trying to develop a narrative style that complements the dizzying pace of social, technological, and political life here.

it's true that the US's biggest terrorist threat is domestic extremism.

thanks for posting, i will watch that. i've always found the pipe bomb part of jan 6 fascinating - 2 bombs were placed, ahead of time, at the party headquarters in DC for both parties, one each, blocks apart, and they were discovered on noon of jan 6. this was quite an operation, to place those, and definitely would be done by someone who very seriously was participating in an attempted coup. it fit with the overall plan - the proud boys planned to breach the capital, but needed a crowd as cover, trump was pressuring and threatening members of congress and pence, and trump sent the crowd. proving the connections between trump, the proud boys, and the pipe bomber is of course difficult and we may (may) never see proof but one notices how the things come together to threaten the congress members and pence to follow the plan prepared by jeffrey clark, rudy giuliani, and others, to overturn the election results.

whoever placed those bombs had the balls of a special ops operative. definitely one of the wilder pieces of that whole thing, though there are many wild pieces.

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, may be rude said:

whoever placed those bombs had the balls of a special ops operative. definitely one of the wilder pieces of that whole thing, though there are many wild pieces.

I watched a little of the hearing, and it was just partisan bickering. Very boring. While I definitely DO doubt that the FBI did any fowl play on Jan 6th, they certainly do have a track record of entrapping people. This has been the topic of some good satirical film

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/trump-launched-cia-covert-influence-operation-against-china-809086

Trump launched CIA covert influence operation against China

Three former officials told Reuters that the CIA created a small team of operatives who used bogus internet identities to spread negative narratives about Xi Jinping’s government while leaking disparaging intelligence to overseas news outlets.

The Reuters article that seems to be basis of this story is paywalled unfortunately: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-launched-cia-covert-influence-operation-against-china-2024-03-14/

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

interesting that the ‘operatives’ are bringing this to light now, i wonder what the play there is. anti-Trump goals maybe?

Reuters isn’t ever paywalled as far as i’ve seen, it did prompt me for a bot-check puzzle thing before loading tho

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, auxien said:

interesting that the ‘operatives’ are bringing this to light now, i wonder what the play there is. anti-Trump goals maybe?

Reuters isn’t ever paywalled as far as i’ve seen, it did prompt me for a bot-check puzzle thing before loading tho

Yeah, no idea what the play is. And you are right (I assumed it was a paywall, but it was just a link to register to the site).

• Like 1

lol this is the same CIA that has gone on record saying they were forced to withhold sensitive information from trump because of what a threat to national security he is. creating "bogus" internet persona's to try and somehow undermine the Chinese govt. sounds exactly like some sort of scooby doo kindergartner chewing on crayons low ball shit the CIA would actually feel comfortable letting trump claim as his op. the adults need to let him wear the big boys pants every so often.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, zero said:

lol this is the same CIA that has gone on record saying they were forced to withhold sensitive information from trump because of what a threat to national security he is. creating "bogus" internet persona's to try and somehow undermine the Chinese govt. sounds exactly like some sort of scooby doo kindergartner chewing on crayons low ball shit the CIA would actually feel comfortable letting trump claim as his op. the adults need to let him wear the big boys pants every so often.

At the same time, though, that would basically be my dream job to be a counterintel shitposter on the internet. I do not think that the CIA would ever hire me if I had to do one of those hair follicle drug screenings because they still a bunch of lil bitches when it comes to that, but that would be so cool & fun to get paid to do. Can you imagine going to a supervision meeting with your boss for such a job 😂

When younger, I tried to get their attention through a little targeted online harassment (commenting on the official CIA's social media posts and insulting their intelligence. There was a post once about how they were leading the charge to prevent middle eastern countries from exporting heroin. I was like 'my brother in Christ, you fuckers bankroll that shit stop playin'). I just wanted them to notice me that I could do the job well of at least managing their social media accounts. To my knowledge they did not notice me 😢

I may try to get their attention again in the future. Feel like if I convert to Mormon faith they might notice me next time fingers crossed.

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:20 AM, Rubin Farr said:

He autographed a photo of their dead daughter for them. 

IMG_3370.jpeg

And misspelled her name

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:42 PM, may be rude said:

to those who say that what they say and do doesn't matter

image.png.5d468c43a6b45901403dadd7099ef911.png

biden won the popular vote by 7 million but he won the election by 111,694 votes across 3 states. 158 million people voted. 

found a shorter path, actually. 

image.png.ee8e10d27595cecaa09ab25ba85b46f3.png

the 2020 election was decided by 102,791 votes across 3 states. 

"i just wanna find 11,780 votes ... fellas, i need 11,000 votes, give me a break"

the recorded phone call in which trump threatens georgia secretary of state brad raffensperger is so damning. notable that it took place on january 2nd. also that january 3rd was the day when doj senior officials threatened to resign en masse because trump was trying to install jeffrey clark as acting attorney general, and clark was ready to send a letter to georgia advising they hold a special session to decide how to appoint electors because of voting irregularities.

Edited by may be rude