IGNORED

acid1 Tracks

acid1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:08 AM, acid1 said:

Figured I would start my own thread.

As a new father, my time is extremely limited and most of my "experiments" are reduced to occasional modular noodling while working from home.

First track is a jungle tune I made the other week.

I'm late to this but, WOW!!! That really was incredible! I love how fast and hectic it is. I aspire to do drums like this, this is really really really good!! Do you actually have any tips for fellas trying to make stuff like this?? I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:17 PM, KingBo0 said:

I'm late to this but, WOW!!! That really was incredible! I love how fast and hectic it is. I aspire to do drums like this, this is really really really good!! Do you actually have any tips for fellas trying to make stuff like this?? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Every time I approach drums in a song its a little different to keep things interesting. I will say I usually stick to trackers of some sort like Renoise, Redux, and Nerdseq. I enjoy layering drum loops ontop of eachother and then cut them up to give them a more manic and noisy feel. Sometimes its best to just generate a bunch of drums by any means necessary then "fix"/rearrange in your daw.

Unrelated to Papa John but this is a new one

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 4:37 AM, acid1 said:

So here is some braindance!!

Recently discovered and been highly inspired by Bogdan Raczynski's productions and methodologies. Most of the new stuff I am working is all tracker composions, written quickly, and trying getting as close to my natural "sound" as I can without being buried in a mountain of gear and perfectionism.

It's been fun listening through all your tracks in this thread, this one might be my fav. Your drums are always great but I'm almost more impressed by the melodies? I love the counterpoint stuff it's just really enjoyable to listen to. Latest track is good but I lost a bit of interest soon after the intro, might be me not the track tho, i did really really like the pads that start it though.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 2:44 AM, acid1 said:

I started this on 4/20 but got too lazy to finish it until now. 

I really like how you occasionally have reverb drenched percussion and fx sounds in the background as if they are on another layer to the main beat, it adds a subtle variety.  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, acid1 said:

So here is some braindance!!

Recently discovered and been highly inspired by Bogdan Raczynski's productions and methodologies. Most of the new stuff I am working is all tracker composions, written quickly, and trying getting as close to my natural "sound" as I can without being buried in a mountain of gear and perfectionism.

Def here the Bogdan influence on this one, especially with that nintendo-esque synth in the beginning, top notch stuff, exciting!

Edited by willochill
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 2:58 PM, Grain Bastard said:

You should submit your application for a seat on the council of master idm’ers if you haven’t already.

LOL thanks :not_sure_if_serious:

Pretty sure I'd need a label/album before that and the only people that know my music exists are in this thread.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, acid1 said:

LOL thanks :not_sure_if_serious:

Pretty sure I'd need a label/album before that and the only people that know my music exists are in this thread.

I am being serious and I find it curious that you aren’t signed etc - do you gig/DJ or anything like that?? Have you sent off any demos to labels?

A friend of mine who has worked at a few labels always said that if you want to be ‘big’ then spend 90% of the time you spend on music on promotion.

I always hated the idea and hoped it isn’t the truth but I feel he has a valid point.

I can’t imagine a label that releases similar stuff wouldn’t be interested in your output.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:23 PM, Grain Bastard said:

I am being serious and I find it curious that you aren’t signed etc - do you gig/DJ or anything like that?? Have you sent off any demos to labels?

A friend of mine who has worked at a few labels always said that if you want to be ‘big’ then spend 90% of the time you spend on music on promotion.

I always hated the idea and hoped it isn’t the truth but I feel he has a valid point.

I can’t imagine a label that releases similar stuff wouldn’t be interested in your output.

Thats the unfortunate state of things, I simply do not have time to self promote. I'm also out of the loop of what record labels out there exist that put out this kind of music. I wouldn't turn down an opportunity if it were offered to me.

Thanks for the kind words @Grain Bastard!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A buddy of mine put my music to some visuals. I'm just happy my tunes were considered

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
35 minutes ago, acid1 said:

Haven't posted in a while because I got something coming out soon. First time my music is getting on a label.

https://boomkat.com/products/disconnected-trajectories

Did I not say that this should happen ?

Ace news mate - hope it does well ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

Did I not say that this should happen ?

Ace news mate - hope it does well ?

You did! Thanks, mate! Me too!

On 1/9/2021 at 12:22 PM, acid1 said:

Things have been cooling down

Love the 2 melodies with that bass progression (:36). Fun and has a nostalgic feel to it. The static'ey distortion even has a windy quality to it. ?