IGNORED

the 4th Dimension

Guest Mr Salads

Guest Jack.

The 4th Dimension - some independent movie.

A genius crippled by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder believes he’s found a way to maneuver through gaps in time. He wanders landscapes of different decades searching for the mathematical formula that will bring stabilization. Directors Tom Mattera and Dave Mazzoni’s narrative evolves organically into a resolution that reveals the whole point of the story. To call it a twist ending is a disservice. The best comparison I can make is to Chinua Achebe’s novel Things Fall Apart. Assured, inspired compositions and camera angles are a breath of fresh air. A long steadicam shot near the beginning is a delight. Dark, brooding mood and tone are seductive and compelling. It lingers on his OCD a bit too much. There are too many shots of him walking or sitting idle. Songs by Aphex Twin are used superbly. It’s very much in the vein of Pi and Primer.

____

I have no clue if this guy has rights to the music or whether it was a placeholder, but there we have it.

Guest catsonearth

i'm glad i saw this thread before it got moved to the aphex section where i would have never seen it and therefore never heard about this potentially awesome sounding movie.

i don't get how the whole subforum thing works. this thread is about a movie that happens to possibly have some aphex in the soundtrack. seems equal parts general banter and aphex twin. how does one make the call as to what facet of the post wins out?

whatever prinny moved this to Aphex Twin sub-forum should move it back. There's one sentence that mentions it, but it's not actually an Aphex based topic.

if it's along the lines of pi or primer, then goddamn, is the movie out now? link?

also motherfuck, i was planning on writing a movie using the fourth dimension, i had this green screen bath planned for the shots and everything, shit, fuck off and die tom mattera and david mazzoni

It belongs in the Aphex Twin subforum since it deals with Aphex's potential involvement in a movie (his music being used). It benefits the Aphex fan by being in the subdomain so said fan can now obsessively look for aforementioned movie to see what (if any) new potential music is used. :laughing:

I would agree. Also consider that "music by aphex twin" was in BOLD. I wouldn't be bad if another topic was made in geral banter dealing with the movie as well.

goddamn apparently the story is weak and all the supporting actors are rubbish in comparison with the main actor

Archived