IGNORED

Tim Heidecker - Fear of Death

joshuatxuk

a1690587747_10.jpg

https://timheidecker.bandcamp.com/album/fear-of-death

Tim's 4th album, easily his best so far. He wrote this with Natalie Laura Mering (Weyes Blood). Not so much throwback and retro as just unabashedly timeless in it's sound and kind of a cathartic listen, def more sentimental than sardonic compared to his past stuff.

been enjoying tim's twitter activism. interesting to learn he's a RAW fan.

seems like a more serious project? less like the one with "i sit down when i pee" and "sit on you"?

think i'll give it a good listen. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

I've never listened to his music before, definitely not what I was expecting when I saw his name here... but hey, I like a lot of '70s americana/folk albums, and this sounds like it could've come from that era. 

20 hours ago, very honest said:

been enjoying tim's twitter activism. interesting to learn he's a RAW fan.

seems like a more serious project? less like the one with "i sit down when i pee" and "sit on you"?

It totally makes sense he's into Robert Anton Wilson.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 6:16 AM, kuniklo said:

It totally makes sense he's into Robert Anton Wilson.

Yeah I had no idea, I need to dig into Wilson's work more. Heidecker has def become more openly leftist, IIRC he's a DSA member. Had old school WATMMer Robbie Martin on his podcast recently and his sister Abby Martin on in the past. 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, very honest said:

Yes, this along with his albums In Glendale and What the Broken-Hearted Do... are serious. They aren't devoid of humor but it's far more dry, sardonic, and incidental. More akin to old Randy Newman in that regard. Musically as someone else mentioned it's very 1970s pop rock / AOR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...