IGNORED

Analogue Bubblebath 5 was on sale at Bloc for £2,000

nickthefish

Guest bitroast

i would love to own this..

notch should team up with aphex and form rephlex 2.0, pressing aphex shit to vinyl without having to work around warp schedules..

no pressure or anything but notch come on .

yeah I asked about this, guy running the stall was under the impression it was the "only" pressing of it (???). I dropped by on Sunday evening and it was still there, doubt anyone was willing to take it back to their chalet unless Bloc offered to hold it until Monday morning. Not a bad price though, I hear it usually goes for £2500+?

They also had a sealed Drukqs for £200... I guess unplayed is pretty cool but I'd rather spend much less and take the time to see if the seller has kept it in good condition.

Oh well, I picked up a copy of vsnares' Find Candace for a tenner there, just to grow my collection of songs about child killers. :cisfor:

http://www.discogs.com/AFX-Analogue-Bubblebath-5/release/160224

So... there's ~20 copies in existence?

no more than 20... it's only for analord things where many have not received their parcels in due time ... to thank them for their patience, Rephlex sent to them with this AB5, - in total, 20 buyers... ;-)

EDIT: but this is only test pressing in multiple/several copies... but don't know the numbers, think less than 100... speculation...

fake

Doubtful. I reckon RDJ was at Bloc as a punter and brought it with him in case he needed some extra cash for the arcade machines.

Remember the kids was selling sugar pills as "exctasy" on Bloc 2011 haha

Peeps have been mis-selling drugs for a lot longer than that. Some cunt tried to sell me the contents of a teabag for £20 when I was thirteen.

Guess there's an even more recent one. This one listed by Joyrex!. If he finds another five or six thousand of them maybe we can all own one at a reasonable price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unplayed-Analogue-Bubblebath-5-CAT034-Aphex-Twin-AFX-Richard-D-James-/291418963299?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Hey Joyrex, I know Richard doesn't want to do another Kickstarter cause it's played out or something, but what about e-mailing all the supporters of the original Kickstarter and offering to let them buy a rip of this for $15. You can still auction the thing to a person who wants the vinyl, but would give us poor bums that won't even be able to get within a sniff of the final price a chance to own this cool album legally. Don't see what the harm would be in doing something like this.

Hey Joyrex, I know Richard doesn't want to do another Kickstarter cause it's played out or something, but what about e-mailing all the supporters of the original Kickstarter and offering to let them buy a rip of this for $15. You can still auction the thing to a person who wants the vinyl, but would give us poor bums that won't even be able to get within a sniff of the final price a chance to own this cool album legally. Don't see what the harm would be in doing something like this.

There's plenty of high-quality rips out there... the only thing that would be better is if Richard supplied the source DATs...

Yeah just doesn't quite meet the "legal" definition. Would like to either have Richard give it away or be able to buy it with him getting the proceeds rather than grab the file share rip.

I hear what you're saying - but at the moment it's my understanding ABB5 is not planned to ever be released, like the CWLP.

LOL @ Ellipsis abuse... there I go again...

Could be anyone's really...

Could it? I was under the impression there aren't many pressings of AB5 floating around. Worth noting that the vinyl 'store' at Bloc wasn't a record shop...just seemed like a few crates of records for sale that may have been brought by the DJs who were playing/in attendance. If RDJ was there then it seems likely it was his or perhaps I'm just connecting dots together like stoners often do.

Ah...just remembered copies were sent out with the Analord 10 binders. Guess it could just as easily be someone else's then.

Guest bitroast

There's plenty of high-quality rips out there... the only thing that would be better is if Richard supplied the source DATs...

to be as fair as possible to the caustic window kickstarter (CWLP<333), the rip on the internet of AB5 is about as perfect as you could possibly ask for. i'm assuming in large part to AB5 records from Analord 10 or whatever were squeaky clean and unplayed but they also sound kind of cleaned up and mastered? either way, they sound great and AB5 rips is pretty low on list of things we could be asking for digitally atm !!! ...

coooooome onnnnnnnnnnnnn melodies from maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ^-^

Archived