IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä tonight in NYC

dr lopez

hey guys this is happening tonight - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?696524

anyone else going? seems like a must for nyc rephlex fans - aleksi is the man and I want to hear some colundi on a good system.

i'm going and i'll be doing the usual lopez dance moves (see below)

https://youtu.be/T9OyROd00J8

if anyone wants to say hi please do and we can awkwardly shake hands or something

welp, see ya!

Have fun dude, would've loved to have been there. Unfortunately I missed one of the very few times he was over in the Netherlands, pre-Colundi, hope to catch him live sometime (and I'll be the guy in your video around 0:04 seconds on the right).

Related to the gig tonight, this set by Patrick Russel is great:

Well to anyone interested i'll put up a little summary of the show:

The first three acts were completely un-listenable pretentious brooklyn garbage. Everyone seemed more interested in talking about how they were at an underground brooklyn show so I went and sat down next to aleksi and struck up conversation. He was an incredibly polite, friendly and awesome guy. He got me a beer, he showed me pictures of his kids and grandparents. We talked about how bad the music was. I asked a few questions that i've wondered over the years: Was astrobotnia II you or richard? "yes its me i just don't like it that much" I asked about the kickstarter - "grant is crazy and that he picks all the frequencies for colundi, i just make the music" He also said that level 9 and 10 are really hard for him right now cause he wants to keep the music as fresh and new as possible.

Then aleksi sets up his macbook and plays some fucking awesome IDM beatz n shit. The whole set was definitely colundi but with much punchier rhythm. It was incredible. I wondered to myself if we had been listening to only half of the true colundi sequences this whole time. Sort of like the SAW II [original mix] on 26 mixes had those crazy rhythm tracks --- this was colundi for a club. I took two little samples

he ended the set with some awesome amen fuckery with colundi synths going crazy over the top. I danced like a prick undoutedly. Was super fun. I gave aleksi a big hug, said thanks a lot and tried to leave brooklyn as soon as possible. Totally great night!! Wish I had tried to convince the sound guy for a soundboard because it was *that* good.

Awesome, thanks for the report. I also heard he played for about 3 hours? Sounds like a great experience (from the clips it sounds even more like Jeff Mills). I do wonder, did you always assume that Astrobotnia 1 and 3 were Aleksi, part 2 being maybe Richard? Because I thought the sound on all three of those were pretty similar.

Hope a soundboard still pops up, very keen to hear colundi with breaks too :)

cheers guys - wish some of the enlightened few could have been there with me. brooklynites seriously make me want to vomit with the way they look, talk, smell. There was this incredibly douchy roided out asian dude in a ludicrous thin white trenchcoat who put his hands over his ears and loudly whined "dude this music is too intense it sucks" to his retard bros about 3 feet from aleksi when the choons started to get xtra-lush. repulsive wanker.

I so should have went

Please note that those people are not represetative of native Brooklyn people however most of those people suck too

Thanks for posting this

I figured the whole first part would have been as you described which is part of what kept me home however I now know I should have come late

cheers guys - wish some of the enlightened few could have been there with me. brooklynites seriously make me want to vomit with the way they look, talk, smell. There was this incredibly douchy roided out asian dude in a ludicrous thin white trenchcoat who put his hands over his ears and loudly whined "dude this music is too intense it sucks" to his retard bros about 3 feet from aleksi when the choons started to get xtra-lush. repulsive wanker.

a person who covers his ears when music is x-tra lush is an incomprehensible scoundrel.

Archived