IGNORED

Datach'i - System

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other modular performances on his vimeo channel are pretty rad as well. wonder whether or not he considers those songs in the same way he does monarch.

I particularly like this one:

https://vimeo.com/118031917

Snares posted it on his own FB feed and I kept playing it, not realizing Joseph was Datach'i until the Monarchs vid came up.

Now I am excite.

sounds alright, he's really going balls to the wall with that karplus strong module

i would have passed on the Mysteron purchase, but then again it's not my modular, looks like he's doubling up the Karplus vibe with a Braids as well.

its kinda interesting to see the very first iteration of physical modeling synthesis (karplus strong) making its first real appearance in music. Its been around for I think 30 or so years, but it was never really appreciated enough to be used in much recorded music at all for that entire time. Now that the eurorack market (and other things like the Op1) have a few different options, im starting to hear the sound in a decent amount of electronic music.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 1 month later...

the other modular performances on his vimeo channel are pretty rad as well. wonder whether or not he considers those songs in the same way he does monarch.

Snares posted it on his own FB feed and I kept playing it, not realizing Joseph was Datach'i until the Monarchs vid came up.

Now I am excite.

This one is like the Shoegaze of IDM! Really nice.

Thanks for posting these.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I am excite.

absolutely amazing

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ya, there was a pic of datachi's moduler and stuff on pmus facebook page at the start of the year too. Pretty sure we're getting a release. I'm excited guys, datach'i is wicked.

Dang, that second one is wicked! Never been a huge Datach'i fan (couldn't get really into his albums, don't know why because I like a lot of stuff that's very similar) but both of the videos he's released sound absolutely ace. :w00t:

Not a damned thing wrong with that new one, I could see it growing to be a favorite over time. On first listens (trying not to play stuff too much before it's actually released) this new album is going to be killer...we need a release date. Get it out to us, please. Soon.

wow...that latest one is fucking beautiful...this is my new random track at the moment (i always have a lush track or too playing everyday by an artist that i'm not that bothered about)

• 3 months later...

http://www.factmag.com/2016/06/07/datachi-system-timesig-announced/

datachi-system-070616.jpg

A1. In The Field With Brian
A2. 122112
A3. Synthetic Metals
A4. Grabbed With Claws
B1. Monarchs
B2. Nebulae V2
B3. Omni 2
B4. VCO-2RM Acid
C1. Ring Worm
C2. 512521
C3. Sick Face
C4. West Peaks
D1. Final Meta
D2. Margin Of Error
D3. Waveguiding
D4. Luminist Modular

apostrophe in the wrong place, the idm gods will be displeased

also apparently being released on vsnares' Timesig label!

Bonus tracks:

01 Lat
02 Grain De Folie
03 SMR II
04 Drone Res4 (Edit)
05 Face The Pastries
06 RMRMRM
07 Iridotomy
08 Nevey
09 Circadian Rhythms
10 Mutant Clap
11 North Code