IGNORED

Favorite moments in songs

Taupe Beats

Obviously I could mention lots of Ae moments. But here's another one. Radiohead Decks Dark. Starts neutral/positive, suddenly at 1:20 it all falls down into minor scale (I guess it's a scale change).

Ok, just one+ Ae moment. The final crackle of Lentic Catachresis. 

Surripere, the masterful transitions between the parts. tt1pd slowdown. Stop Look Listen the tempo slowdown. That was awesome, I'm a contemporary witness.

Aphex/Ventolin, especially the part steady beep/no drums... 

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

There was a live recording (manchester botw?) with an imo better ending part. IIRC dirtier decay. Matter of taste. 

EDIT: THIS ONE. LISTEN @ 46:00. Absolute insanity! I wish I would have witnessed it live. 

Also listen 39:00, Liccflii. Insanity on steroids. 

Edited by WurstPLUS

come to daddy isn't even one of my favourite afx trax but that part where he screams and the beat comes back in a couple seconds later (and then he starts screaming at a higher register) always gets me hype. feels like a 1990s version of that hunter s thompson quote about the wave breaking & rolling back

• Like 2

3:12 the bass coming back in with the naked evil disco.

3:14 (funny this must be a good time to hit me with a good part!) This is one of the best songs ever anyways, so the best part I had to single out. 

There’s a lot of these with Autechre. Honestly, I am pretty disappointed in any Autechre that doesn’t have one.

Edited by Himelstein
  • Like 2

1:16 to 2:11

I love how this verse continues without lyrics and is replaced by a piccolo trumpet doubled with a pedal steel (kind of the most inspired/amazing combo that I used to think for sure had to be a big old modular synth or a mellotron until I read up on it). If you’re listening from the beginning it completely takes you off guard and just sucks you infinitely deeper into the world of the song… and I’m not too much of a man to admit that it often brings a tear to my eye. 
This whole album is perfect. So much reverb :emotawesomepm9:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

1:16 to 2:11

I love how this verse continues without lyrics and is replaced by a piccolo trumpet doubled with a pedal steel (kind of the most inspired/amazing combo that I used to think for sure had to be a big old modular synth or a mellotron until I read up on it). If you’re listening from the beginning it completely takes you off guard and just sucks you infinitely deeper into the world of the song… and I’m not too much of a man to admit that it often brings a tear to my eye. 
This whole album is perfect. So much reverb :emotawesomepm9:

Paul Simon definitely pulls some awesome techniques and chooses good musicians to experiment with. I was watching an interview with Adrian Belew one time and he was saying that when he played guitar for him in “you can call me al” the beginning brass sound is actually a guitar synth!? I would not have guessed that. It’s synthetic for sure, but damn. Fuckin Chevy Chase.

• Haha 1

3:05 when I start headbanging and then my mom opens the door while screaming because the sound is too loud and I'm like "IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM THIS IS THE REAL ME !!!"

• Haha 1

Love how we’re sharing youtube links that aren’t cued to the pelicular moment we’re pointing out, so we listen to them in full.

Here’s mine : the stereo effects in the segment 2:55 on in this 493 years old track.

• Like 1