IGNORED

Newsflash: Artists Don't Make Fair Profits From Streaming

Joyrex

The findings will be seen as a victory by pop stars like Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Melanie C, Wolf Alice and Jessie Ware

Thank god these people in particular are going to be okay. Light at the end of the tunnel. 

looking-up.jpeg.b0bd72089ffe493b4094bf61f4313b4c.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

• Joyrex changed the title to Newsflash: Artists Don't Make Fair Profits From Streaming

It is evident that the artists are underpaid, I do not want to imagine the amount of money that the music industry generates by streaming. Maybe it's better to promote other platforms such as bandcamp or to have a more fair deal with the provider. I suppose that these big names that support the initiative would have no reason to do so, but perhaps they give some visibility to the issue. The fact is that living from music is very complicated, even more these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Even back in the day when cds cost about 15 quid in the UK (there was definitely a government enquiry into that) artists received pittance. I suppose if you’re U2 or Metallica and shifting shedloads it would be alright though. 

Edited by beerwolf