IGNORED

Anyone else want more Shobaleader One?/What do we want next outta Tom?

splesh

I'd be interested in hearing a return to more Just a Souvenir style jazz-prog. Always felt like 'The Glass Road' hinted at a lot of potential for a full album of complex fusion jams.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Solo Electric Bass 2, genuinely loved the first.

Also I'm glad to read that people seem to enjoy more and more Just A Souvenir. It was the album that got me into Squarepusher (and then into Warp Records), and I was so surprised to see people were hating it so much on WATMM lol

• Like 1

Anything along the lines of FMWT, Hard Normal Daddy, Big Loada, and a few select trax from Selection Sixteen and Damogen Furies for me. Also his NTS set from 22 June 2019, as well as Vortrack (Fracture mix). Basically the hard electronic stuff with high-speed sequenced percussion with a side of retro home computer chip sounds thrown in does it for me.

Either way, I can't think of other artists who can match his sequencing prowess, aside from maybe VSnares and 1995-2001 Aphex.

pls no more shoobadooby 

On 5/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, ambermonk said:

Basically the hard electronic stuff with high-speed sequenced percussion with a side of retro home computer chip sounds thrown in does it for me.

Yes pls

On 5/27/2023 at 2:45 AM, Stock said:

Also I'm glad to read that people seem to enjoy more and more Just A Souvenir. It was the album that got me into Squarepusher (and then into Warp Records), and I was so surprised to see people were hating it so much on WATMM lol

Just a souvenir could have been a great album but it is unlistenable because of the terrible tinny mixing. I  have no idea what he was thinking with that. Quite a shame.

13 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Just a souvenir could have been a great album but it is unlistenable because of the terrible tinny mixing. I  have no idea what he was thinking with that. Quite a shame.

Half of that album is amazing Imo, the other half I don’t enjoy as much because of the mixing like you said. Star time2, quadrature, coathanger, potential govaner, and A Real Woman hit just right. 

Overall I think it’s a unique aesthetic in his discog I wouldn’t mind a revisit to I just hope it would have more oomph.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

13 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Yeh tinny-ness is my least fave quality in production and JAS is that - also  i seem to be one of the few who thinks thart drukqs is quite tinny - the drill tracks especially