IGNORED

How are you listening to new Aphex Twin material for the first time?

Hail Sagan

i just read about other people listening to it on watmm. new ep has got a number of threads and pages so i’m guessing it’s pretty nice

• Haha 1

Premiered the HQ rip of the Barcelona EP down some new jumplines in a neighboring state en route to visiting an old friend. Ripping through some berms and flying off a shark fin in the deep woods to new AFX was a good choice ?? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hoggy said:

When I find out a new release is coming, I fill a spreadsheet with ambiguous snarky comments ready to go so that as soon as I've heard it I can hop on watmm and post the most relevant one towards anyone expresses any enthusiasm for it

ha!

• Haha 1

First listen always happens on headphones, monitors are reserved for later. Mini-chain on the nightstand is Sony DMP-Z1 -> IER-Z1R/MDR-Z1R, depending on mood.
I always wait for the official release -- no torrents, no leaks, no needle-drops or any of that bullshit. I'll preorder the vinyl from RDJ's store; the digital vinyls will usually come with the purchase. FLAC is sufficient, mp3 is not; 24 bits? Yes, please.
As soon as the files are available, I'll download them from the store and quickly transfer them to the music player. Later on, I might make my own rip for the hell of it, but right now the digis are fine.
It has to be absolutely clear that I won't be disturbed, which means I'll have to wait till everyone in the house is asleep. I'll slip into bed myself. The room will be dark, the darker the better. A light dose of alcohol or marihuana may have been applied at this point, but is not really necessary. Magical things will happen on the borderline between waking and sleeping. The body disappears. Everything outside the music vanishes. I'm just a brain in a jar filled with sound. This is my preferred state of being.
I'll manage one, maybe one and a half tracks before snoring like a buzzsaw. But those ten minutes are pure gold.

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suspended upside down in a sewer, with underwater speakers - dodging the lumps of coagulated cooking fat and shit prevents me from being too in my head. I usually have a strobe light going but tbh that's just to make the rats look cool

• Like 1