IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i wonder if they're waiting for post US election to come here? idk.  been almost 10 years. hopefully the conditions are right for USA tour soon. 

Glad I saw the last one in Denver and have an official soundboard (the dude running sound was wearing an avenged sevenfold hoodie lol)

I’m reminded of people saying “come to [US city]” in AAA and Sean responding something like “tell your local venue or promoter”

4 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Glad I saw the last one in Denver and have an official soundboard (the dude running sound was wearing an avenged sevenfold hoodie lol)

I’m reminded of people saying “come to [US city]” in AAA and Sean responding something like “tell your local venue or promoter”

on mastodon someone asked when they were coming back to USA and if they had plans yet. and he said "i wouldn't call it plans but discussions are happening" and that was a year or so ago maybe? i'm sure there's lot's of things that have to line up for them to come here. in some ways it's a real pain and it's expensive because working visa situation is fucking stupid for touring musicians. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

on mastodon someone asked when they were coming back to USA and if they had plans yet. and he said "i wouldn't call it plans but discussions are happening" and that was a year or so ago maybe? i'm sure there's lot's of things that have to line up for them to come here. in some ways it's a real pain and it's expensive because working visa situation is fucking stupid for touring musicians. 

Guessing the American government doesn’t like artists entering the states, making money, then taking that money abroad - applies to any country I guess. Might help explain why working visas are hard to get for smaller groups. Someone like Iron Maiden, for example, will fill a stadium and thousands of people descend on a small area with cash to spend (and the stadium owners probably fund city council folks).

9 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Guessing the American government doesn’t like artists entering the states, making money, then taking that money abroad - applies to any country I guess. Might help explain why working visas are hard to get for smaller groups. Someone like Iron Maiden, for example, will fill a stadium and thousands of people descend on a small area with cash to spend (and the stadium owners probably fund city council folks).

big bands have less worry about margins. i think it's like $3k+ to get a visa. though i've heard it's even more than that??? . so, it's expensive for smaller acts not making a ton of money w/every gig.  they played 2 shows here in 2015. back to back. both were sold out. the 2nd date was only added after the first one sold out quickly and the time slot was there as they had a day off before going up to seattle. 

also, big bands hire a touring company in USA so they are giving work to americans.. though i'm sure there's a whole group that comes w/them from UK or wherever for doing sound and monitor mixes and they're usual people for working on certain parts of the live show. 

anyway.. the situation is dumb in usa for touring musicians and makes little sense when considering all the offshoring and revenue loss from business as usual manufacturing outsourcing etc. not like they're going to make up a bunch of revenue by charging artists a lot of money to come here. it's fuckn dumb. make it easy and cheap. everyone wins. good for businesses and venues etc.. 

26 minutes ago, ignatius said:

big bands have less worry about margins. i think it's like $3k+ to get a visa. though i've heard it's even more than that??? . so, it's expensive for smaller acts not making a ton of money w/every gig.  they played 2 shows here in 2015. back to back. both were sold out. the 2nd date was only added after the first one sold out quickly and the time slot was there as they had a day off before going up to seattle. 

also, big bands hire a touring company in USA so they are giving work to americans.. though i'm sure there's a whole group that comes w/them from UK or wherever for doing sound and monitor mixes and they're usual people for working on certain parts of the live show. 

anyway.. the situation is dumb in usa for touring musicians and makes little sense when considering all the offshoring and revenue loss from business as usual manufacturing outsourcing etc. not like they're going to make up a bunch of revenue by charging artists a lot of money to come here. it's fuckn dumb. make it easy and cheap. everyone wins. good for businesses and venues etc.. 

For true, bruv 

Last fall I predicted an announced US tour for the new year - guess it’ll be 2025 🍾 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

i wonder if they're waiting for post US election to come here? idk.  been almost 10 years. hopefully the conditions are right for USA tour soon. 

Is there some autechrey relevance to post election that I'm missing that you are wondering about?

1 hour ago, Mattthegoone said:

Is there some autechrey relevance to post election that I'm missing that you are wondering about?

i just wonder if the general vibe of america is off-putting to foreigners in an extra kind of way because election year? as in "sheesh.. let's at least wait until post election.. maybe people will chillout some".  i mean, i know the election year vibe is off-putting to americans 😉 

sean did post a question something like "how's things over there?" a while back and hinted at mentally preparing. the post got a lot of comments from americans about expectations in different places and "it's fine.. come over" 

Edited by ignatius

2 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

Your election is extremely boring to the rest of the world

and yet, still a nuisance if a band wants to come here.. so much so that they might think "ugh.. lets just wait for that shit to be over in case people start shooting each other"

that's all i'm getting at.. not saying it's some kind of factor of daily life in bristol and norway. there's plenty of things that make people not want to come here for a tour.. chief among them may be as simple as "can i tolerate this environment for 4-8 weeks?"

• Thanks 1

Tickets for Manchester sold out in minutes 😞

Seriously, Sean and Rob if you're reading this, please either do more dates or play bigger venues. 

7 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Venue looks pretty austere:

looks like the ceiling is processed to absorb reflections, while the floor and walls are not at all.   - yet, should be ok if the room is full of people.

+ I guess the "stage" is not what we see in the background, but is where the picture is taken from.