IGNORED

The Smile - Wall of Eyes

Poimandres

My immediate reaction is that its a pretty dull single.. But then again, I feel that Thom Yorke's melodic strength has sort of fizzled out over these last few years. I miss a good hook from him.

The last thing from him that really gave me goosebumps was the piano pieces from the Suspiria soundtrack.

5 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

My immediate reaction is that its a pretty dull single.. But then again, I feel that Thom Yorke's melodic strength has sort of fizzled out over these last few years. I miss a good hook from him.

The last thing from him that really gave me goosebumps was the piano pieces from the Suspiria soundtrack.

The first single from the summer Bending Hectic is amazing,bastards are touring in Mar again and not playing in Ireland again

I needed some time to adjust to this more skeletal version of Radiohead. The absence of the guitar parts, which typically provide a solid and cohesive foundation, is noticeable. This is evident when comparing it to EOB's solo release "Earth," which has a more grounded sound than Radiohead itself. However, once acclimated to the jazz-influenced vibes, The Smile truly becomes an expansive experience.

4 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

There is indeed some top tracks on that soundtrack. I think his best solo work....

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

I would say that Decks Dark, Present Tense, Thin Thing and Skrting on the Surface all had top tier vocal melodies at least. But, maybe that's just me.

On 11/13/2023 at 7:22 PM, beerwolf said:

There is indeed some top tracks on that soundtrack. I think his best solo work....

Personally, I think Hearing Damage is his best solo work. That song is on it's own level. Sublime!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summon Dot E X E said:
8 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Personally, I think Hearing Damage is his best solo work. That song is on it's own level. Sublime!!

It is better than the movie

Yes! The scene it's featured in isn't bad though.

Bending hectic might be my favorite thing they've (the smile) done. Not in love with wall of eyes (although I just noticed the left channel 1-2-3-4-5 count and that brought me some delight). That being said it'll be hard to beat out A Light for attracting attention, so many of those songs I love. Need to checkout these live clips.

• 1 month later...

I’m holding out as well. I saw a few of the new songs last couple times I saw them. When they released Bending Hectic last summer they said it wouldn’t be on the album so I wore it out. Kinda bummed about it but looking forward to the rest. I suspect it’ll be more cohesive than the 1st even though I absolutely loved that anyway.

• Like 1

Nice album, nothing as good as Bending Hectic on it, but that's understandable, it was the same with The Smoke on the last album, looking forward to the gig

This is a really pretty sounding album! A nice low-key sister album to A Light For Attracting Attention. I definitely recommend listening on headphones, there are some really nice layered sounds going on in these tracks, I look forward to subsequent listens.