IGNORED

what track do you reckon RDJ spent the most time/effort on?

Guest Death and Taxes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Death and Taxes
The truth is, you shouldn't be making judgements on my current musical abilities based on a single 0:47 long thing I made 2 years ago.

okay i'll be sure to buy your album mate :laughing:

yeah, HFB is definitely going to have to post for free in EKT now. i kinda have this rule of not paying for music by people who act like tools on the internet.

yeah, HFB is definitely going to have to post for free in EKT now. i kinda have this rule of not paying for music by people who act like tools on the internet.

There'll probably be an entire track or two you can listen to for free.

Guest Replicant

Hey, what the fuck are we talking about this other guys music for?

If it helps, I would agree that ziggomatic sounds as though it is the track he put the most effort into creating.

I play a lot off of my computer & ipod so I see the track names. But anyways, fenix funk 5 is amazing too. Anybody have any theorys of the environment in which it was created? Im not very familiar with tape and analog equipment so my judgement of the work put into it may be off. I dont honestly believe he ever puts more than a few weeks into a track.

Just curious --do you guys actually have all his song names memorized, or do you have to look at the tracklisting?

if i like it, i will remember the name innit

Guest αnalogue ψings

i cant be arsed learning the Analord virus names, or the silly drukqs names, or the fan fiction SAWII names, or the geeky AB3 names... even though i like a lot of those tracks an awful lot...

I play a lot off of my computer & ipod so I see the track names. But anyways, fenix funk 5 is amazing too. Anybody have any theorys of the environment in which it was created? Im not very familiar with tape and analog equipment so my judgement of the work put into it may be off. I dont honestly believe he ever puts more than a few weeks into a track.

It's pretty obvious that "Fenix Funk" refers to the Synton Fenix: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb99/arti...tonfenix883.htm

The funny thing here is that the Fenix is very new in terms of modular systems!

Also, as a note.. RDJ seems to do alot of things with modular/analog equipment.. its very easy using these (such as the Fenix) to get constantly evlving subtle changes by use of a Sample & Hold module. Simple connect a noise generator (ie. random signal generator) into the Sample and Hold input, trigger the module using either a square wave LFO or the CV Gate in comming from the keyboard/sequencer, and send the output to several different modulation parameters (filter cutoff/resonance/sample rate on a bit crusher/etc/etc) at once. The end result is an amazing complex sonic palette that plays out in front of you for no more work than connecting up a few cables. I tend to beleive that almost nothing any musician does is difficult and tedious in its creation because difficulty and tedium are a server detriment to creativity. Just find out whats the easy way to accomplish something and that's probably the way its been acomplished.

Guest version2006
midi receieved

Bit

fenix funk 5

ziggomatic

xmd 5a

lornaderek fo sho

qul7puls rmx

wa da ta my damie!

sa da tay

don't baaaannnng da dillies!

Guest version2006
The funny thing here is that the Fenix is very new in terms of modular systems!

Also, as a note.. RDJ seems to do alot of things with modular/analog equipment.. its very easy using these (such as the Fenix) to get constantly evlving subtle changes by use of a Sample & Hold module. Simple connect a noise generator (ie. random signal generator) into the Sample and Hold input, trigger the module using either a square wave LFO or the CV Gate in comming from the keyboard/sequencer, and send the output to several different modulation parameters (filter cutoff/resonance/sample rate on a bit crusher/etc/etc) at once. The end result is an amazing complex sonic palette that plays out in front of you for no more work than connecting up a few cables. I tend to beleive that almost nothing any musician does is difficult and tedious in its creation because difficulty and tedium are a server detriment to creativity. Just find out whats the easy way to accomplish something and that's probably the way its been acomplished.

plug any sig gen into the cv of your synth. or just plug the LFO into a note gate. or cv into the mic input. or AM bias signal generater into pre amp into preamp into (another) preamp (those V72s have 62db of gain!) into 1176 into ring mod into W.O.P.R. and get the fuck outt the way yeaa haw!

for more fun with modular, see the Roland system 700.

then the yamaha gx1! more analord madness! save your pesos, you r gonna be poor.

what track do you reckon RDJ spent the most time/effort on?

Who knows.. Could literally be any track, not necessarily the most complicated.

My guesses would be

Cock

Taking Control

or possibly

Hangable Auto Bulb

Wagon Christ - Spotlight (remix) - which ever of these two tracks came first

I don't think any of the Analord tracks will have had a significant amount of time spent on them - if they were done all-analogue, with no total recall of sound/mix settings, that would mean the studio being tied up for the duration of writing the track. Though it could be that the Analord tracks were done piece by piece, and edited/mixed down digitally later.

Guest version2006
Hmm, yes, I would love a system 700.

And yet, if I saved up for a reaaaaaaly long time, I might be able to buy myself a Doepfer A-100.

Doepfer A-100 avg price: $1500 USD

System 700 avg price: $5000 USD

Yamaha GX1 (no avg price, there only 6 or 7 in the world): in working order, if you could ever find one...probably $80,000 US

The Doepfer (depending on custom config) is a steal!!!

I'd say Drukqs was the most complex of all the albums put together. After careful conclusion of a lot of time listning to Drukqs I'd have to say it was Ziggomatic. I doubt 4 bars stay exactly the same through the entire thing.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, "V17"? :laughing: Just shows it doesn't it.

Archived