IGNORED

What is RDJ doing now!?

Dale

Come on, i just really want to know if he has stopped everything altogether or is currently writing any new material. And i am a fairly new AFX fan (been a fan for one year now), so i don't reallly know much about what's going on, but if and when he tours, how do you find out, coz his official website is non existent as each of his little websites represent an album e.g = drukqs website.

Guest Turncoat Indian

He's got to finish the Squarepusherman's album first. Then he can make some of his own stuff.

ffs it doesn't matter anyway when you've got the Edan! listen to Edan everyone!

being a father

we gonna get a 12" out of this

No, but someone else apparently got a 12" out of it - har har har! :laughing:

No, seriously, no disrespect intended, just too funny to pass up.

Guest osoloco69

I would say that he's probably praying for chances to have a babysitter so that he can get spun cookies without a messy diaper interruption.

how do we know when he begins touring, he hasn't even got a proper website with tour dates, official news etc. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love AFX, but nothing is really organised, no news, no tours, no info to the fans or anything.

Guest DrHat

he should start a blog to keep us anoraks updated. he can post for riced out yugo, if he wants.

anyways, having kids didn't seem to dampen luke vibert at all. my guess is - it'll be one of the most inspiring things for him in years. should that be true, the state probably is - no new music for a bit, as the "business" stuff takes time (read: effort), but i bet you he's writing stuff...

Guest osoloco69

Thats all nice and dandy that these other artists have the ability to keep up, but with mr. windowlicker keeping the A in AFX around I would assume that he's keeping rightly spun when he gets the chance...I haven't seen this much artist anticipation since Phish went on Haitus. Honestly he probably has a nice piece of gear in a vape, the little hombre on his lap, and is making sounds to keep the little booger with a smile on his face. Just one more Q for ya- do you think his kid will call Tj uncle Square or uncle pusherman?

Guest Mr. Magoo

RICHARD WE KNOW YOURE READING THIS JUST FUCKING TELL US YOUR GONNA RELEASE MORE STUFF!!!@

ARHHHH YOU CUNT, YOUR LIKE JUNK, I CANT GET ENOGUH, SO HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!

how do we know when he begins touring, he hasn't even got a proper website with tour dates, official news etc. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love AFX, but nothing is really organised, no news, no tours, no info to the fans or anything.

There's no official news because:

- he probably doesn't know whats coming out next, or when anyway

- he doesn't enjoy the whole 'releasing of music' thing - he just enjoys _making_ it. He's not going to put any effort into keeping people informed - why should he?

- he thrives from the mystery anyway

- he doesnt do tours, just random appearances here and there

- he generally dont give a toss

You might want to check out this site though, which often has the latest news.

(continues....)

.... anyway, its a lot easier these days. You're lucky you're werent an afx fan in the mid-90's. The internet wasnt much use then, and we had to rely on scouring record shops and reading bollocks mags like the NME to try and find out what was going on.

If I had a pound for every time I went into Sister Ray or Selecadisc on berwick street and flicked through the rephlex section looking for something new, or asked them when the long rumoured collab with mu-ziq was coming out ....... i'd have .... quite a few pounds, probably.

Guest jacderida

I can't be bothered finding them but he's said in recent interviews that he's going to have new material coming out under the Aphex Twin moniker in the next year or so.

Also, regardless of whether you may or may not like Analord, 11 records is quite a lot of material to release in one year, so give the guy a break.

Dale, if you filter the proper answers from the interviews he does you'll realize he doesn’t make music specifically to release on an album like other artists do. He just likes to muck about freely and it's usually his mates that tell him, "this stuff is great, you should release it". Nowadays when he does make random appearances it’s not to promote a new release or anything, it’s more for fun.

This Aphex Twin subforum you could call his unofficial news section, everything you would like to know gets posted in here weeks/months before it happens. Just keep visiting.

i think that's one bonafide instance of keeping it real through the means of "can't be arsed"

wasn't his last formal tour the 1997 USA showboating to help cash in on come to daddy? since then i can think of sporadic shows, glade festivals, dj smojphace outings but no real orderly fashion.

i can't blame the guy for having no real desire to interact with the kind of media outlets that once crowned him "the maverick prince of techno" or something equally amusing from either the rdljp/cometodaddy days or back when warp had its 10th anniversary and big formal US distrobution and there were a bunch of articles all over the glossy imported mags you'd find at tower records in the states.

this isn't an exclusive epidemic, as i dont think squarepusher or autechre even has a formal webpage, outside of warp who does it for them... but you'd best believe if warp had a formal aphex twin LP forthcoming you'd practically have people knocking on your door to let you know, but i dont think thats the case so god bless the internet, as it's a long way removed from the days of having the obscure tracks on 2nd gen tapedub only =D

Archived