IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest bitroast

my studio is too crap to post a pic of

eh whatever

unnamed1.jpg

not only do you have loads of stuff, your studio is also almost bigger than my shared apartment

hahaha yeah, panorama pics can be deceiving though!!

it's the dining room of this house that's connected to the living room, but who uses dining room to dine??

new stuff has been uploaded just today btw, for anyone thats interested :)

https://bitroast.bandcamp.com/album/duchovny-2

Edited by bitroast

our roommate moved out recently so im going to be relocating my above bed lab to a quieter room where i dont have to worry about late night sounds waking up my gf. it has been a neat spot tho:

wq9jmxK.jpg?1kGT53xW.jpg?1nXfZGaD.jpg?14E3EDLn.jpg?113OAoCz.jpg?1kbcLm9x.jpg?16O8r3Wo.jpg?1JWALiZR.jpg?1

Guest bitroast

fuckin hell thats got a sweet fun house cubby house style vibe going on. perhaps not convenient but looks fun :)

(nice gear setup too.. heh)

our roommate moved out recently so im going to be relocating my above bed lab to a quieter room where i dont have to worry about late night sounds waking up my gf. it has been a neat spot tho:

wq9jmxK.jpg?1kGT53xW.jpg?1nXfZGaD.jpg?14E3EDLn.jpg?113OAoCz.jpg?1kbcLm9x.jpg?16O8r3Wo.jpg?1JWALiZR.jpg?1

I'm sure having that above your head when you sleep makes you dream about synths even more. interesting bedroom setup

That's a great cozy setup, DerWaschbar. What are you recording into? I see what looks to be an interface above the M3X, but I can't make it out.

Guest Chesney

Here is mine probably 2 years ago. Some stuff has gone but i'll upload a new one this weekend with the other additions.

In fact I just had a proper look at it, It actually loads different now haha

23lebye.jpg

Guest Chesney

I wish it had twice the polyphony though and a more intuitive LCD. It would be a beast with that. Much nicer engine than the Radias even though that is pretty good too.

Guest Chesney

Yeah, but even that is quickly eaten up when you use both layers. It's been a while since I used it actually. I must get it back at some point.

yeah 4 voices is pretty wimpy for sure. i can imagine it means there's a lot of number crunching going on with each voice though. i just borrowed a friends and multisampled the crap outa it so unlimited polyphony for the win hehe :)

Yee, theres almost always a work around for limitations of gear. Personally use my microkorg for noise and shit, also running it through distortion and using onboard distortion can get some great sounds.

yeah ha srsly. economic use of space there! how's that korg 700s? ive always had a bit of a yearn on for one.

Aw that looks ace Der. How you finding the Chroma? Never tried one myself.

the chroma is really nice. it has very vibrant defined character, very versatile.

i found it in a classified section in a newspaper back in 2001 for $300. it would turn on, but wouldn't make any sounds because of a ruined cpu board, so it just sat in my dad's garage until a year or so ago when i managed to get a new cpu board and power supply for it. still most of the voice boards arent working, but it's lovely as a duo phonic synth anyways. it was very satisfying to hear it after having grown up staring at it trying to imagine what it sounded like!

Guest Chesney

That's a rad paedo endorsing setup right there man. But seriously stylophones are amazing through some effects.

Der: So amazing you got it going enough to use, always a good feeling when you fix something up.

As for the korg 700s? I don't have one ha. What are you looking at? The little one on the near right?

That's a home built one off. Built for a chap who was sort of big in the old geezer ambient synth music world. Nice chap. I bought it from him a while ago. It's the bassiest synth I have. More than the moog surprisingly. It will shake the shit from a stone and then you turn on the sub osc and a livid whale knocks on your door. Simple little thing though. The filter is insane especially with the cross mod. I think the dude said the filter is copied from a 2600 because the guy who built it sells arp replacement boards.

Edited by Chesney