IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Ahh, the joys of listening to bad rock bands...

My Tannoy Precision 8d'Ds just broke down for the third time last fall. The supplier didn't wanna replace them for the third time, so I had to pay up and get a new pair. Got a good deal on the Eggs, and am very happy with them so far. When I got the new monitors I started listening more critically and noticed how much acoustic treatment my studio needed. Built some DIY absorbers, and that improved the room greatly, primarily the stereo separation, and the high end became a lot less brutal and smudgy.

Then I started noticing problems with my ears, haha. At first I thought the right speaker was noisy, but it was just high frequency background noise that my left ear didn't pick up from the left speaker. So now I need a new set of ears, too...

Yeah, I'm used to being able to play a lot louder on the Tannoy's, but I probably had a bad habit of playing too loud.

I'd definitely recommend some first reflection damping, your room looks very reverb'y.

Edited by psn

It's really not as bad as it looks. When sat infront of the monitors it's fine and the mixdowns of the tracks I've made in there don't sound any different from ones I've made in previous studios. I am thinking of moving again though. I miss carpet and low ceilings.

The concrete walls are reflection hell. I know taking on the task of sound treatment is a pain and especially in a place you rent that is temporary but think of it this way if you build panels they can be easily transported to every new space you move to. Even if you do not want to build panels like psn said the first reflection point panels and maybe a blanket on the back wall will make a big difference also you can make an overhead cloud with packing blankets.

I know what a pain it is to move a studio and set up a new one. I think I am finally getting my new work spaces configured and at a point where I can do some work in them.

I'm really considering getting a proper permanent soundproofing job done in the room in my apartment that the studio was in before, I really miss having it at home.

Guest Chesney

Yeah, nice gear man! Can we get a couple of close ups for us synth geeks? (Me)

Is that an esq1 under the controller?

i hope i dont die in an electricl fire from all this SHiTTY EQuIPMENT

7IUkgZjh.jpg

is that an SP-808 up there?

that's a strange and beautiful sampler

I sold mine couple years ago, but I def wish I still had it sometimes

(despite all the hate the D-beams gets, it's actually really genuinely fucking awesome)

(despite all the hate the D-beams gets, it's actually really genuinely fucking awesome)

Na i wish, its its less competent and proffesionally dissapointing little brother who has never been in a serious relationship and has a poorly disguised drink problem .

its a 840gx that I added sd card support to and record my tracks to it bcos its too much faf getting out my laptop to record to. it also has come cheesy built in effectss

Na i wish, its its less competent and proffesionally dissapointing little brother who has never been in a serious relationship and has a poorly disguised drink problem .

its a 840gx that I added sd card support to and record my tracks to it bcos its too much faf getting out my laptop to record to. it also has come cheesy built in effectss

oh yeah come to think of it alot of those Roland boxes look very similar

Guest kymppinetti

What's the story with that tape machine? Looks super-rad.

My father found in some old school. And gave it to me. It's super handy. It have mono speaker on the back too.

studio... yeah right.

Now this looks like a fun little nook. Quite a handsome tape recorder too. Do you ever run it or the MPC through the Microbrute's filter?

Sure. I use that recorder for now. That mixer on the back has usb-interface on it, but I'm too lazy to use it. That mpc is tricky, no sound can get past it.

Guest nbven

Nice Jaguar! How does she sit in mixes? Much better than my toyish SG I'm guessing.

Thanks

Jaguar sound is great, very flexible I'd say with all its tone settings. Unfortunately my only complain about this guitar is bridge with all its buzzy noises when playing and when hitting really heavy 6th E can get easily misplaced down. Even after I changed bridge from original (guitar is Japanese btw). I consider going to guitar mechanic, maybe they'll fix some issues, had this guitar for 5 years already, but did not have that opportunity before.

Here's track I just uploaded yesterday, you can hear it :)

https://soundcloud.com/d5vata/true-self

• 1 month later...

IMG_20150308_011544.jpg

studio... yeah right.

Now this looks like a fun little nook. Quite a handsome tape recorder too. Do you ever run it or the MPC through the Microbrute's filter?

yeah nice looking tape recorder

3 motors?