IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

oh I was talking about having three Stepper Acid modules :p

Oh that! I barely see them anymore. I'd be literally tripping up over them if they weren't stacked so neatly. You wouldn't believe how many we have here, but then, our home's also our warehouse. :)

The three in the case plus another one somewhere are the final prototypes, from before the first official batch. The faceplates aren't punched out, they're a bit pricier. I think two are Nina's and two are mine. They're pretty neat, yeah. :)

been building this desk for the past few days

couldnt decide on which rack box to buy, also i sort of don't like rack boxes because they waste space compared to this.

so i built this (product name "Hagbard") out of two spare desktops that were lying around,

paid for mostly with hard labour.

might build these on commission or sell the plans if I end up really liking it.

1Q2BM48l.jpg

(the third bay is temporarily used as a shelf, as I don't have gear to fill it.

the racks are angled so the desk doesn't need to be as deep,

and the screen and monitors remain at eye level while sitting.)

Edited by skibby

why monitors horizontally? das no good yno

i designed and made those wedges for a normal height "non pro audio" desk so the sweet spot of the tweeters would point near my head.

this desk has a raised section that does away with the need to have those wedges, and i don't have anywhere to put the wedges so I wanted to hide them under the monitors.

problem is the wedges are by nature angled, and if the tweeters are at the highest position of the speakers, they will be shooting at the top of my head or over it during my normal sloshed pasture (sic)

also the desk is a good width, but i thought it would be good to widen the tweeter positions, and keep the mid bass in the middle of the sound pressure disruptors (a term i made up just now meaning speakers.)

so, to the uninitiated (in my particular and secret path,) there is no purpose to my actions.

:trollface:

Electronic music is timbrally diverse (not to mention technical), so encourages people to focus too much on engineering and not enough on composing, perhaps?

Guest Chesney

I think there is a part of that yeah. Technical music attracts technical people and some are fanatical, some are fanatical about artists and some are fanatical about gear.

hmmm I wonder which one I am?

Battlestation fitting the best it has done in years (ha)

i5u3aa.jpg

Guest Chesney

Yeah The Teisco 110F is amazing. I love it. Sort of Arp oddyssey with a moogy filter vibe but then it's sounds on it's own if that makes sense.

I like Oddities.

Edited by Chesney

Guest Chesney

haha no. Not ready yet. The stuff on my SC is pre computer and stuff using just testing the Elektrons.

Yes Perez, The Sub37 is an instant classic, you won't regret it.

I don't know why people get so hung up on monitors for production. Monitor position is important for mixing, but makes fuck all difference for writing and arranging music.

so when one wish to mix a track he should change the positioning of his monitors? is that you logic?

I don't know why people get so hung up on monitors for production. Monitor position is important for mixing, but makes fuck all difference for writing and arranging music.

Well if ya got monitors they need to reside somewhere and best not to need to move them around All the time rite?

I don't know. Honestly my productivity has suffered so badly in the past due to too much focus on sound design and not enough on composition and actually development of musical ideas, that I've almost removed mixing from my workflow completely haha.

These days I perform all arrangement on the fly, and just record a stereo audio track out. Then simple EQing and maybe compression makes that into a final track. If it still doesn't sound decent then I just record it again.

For me these days music has become extremely ephemeral, and I really lose interest in dumping hours and hours into polishing something that will be listened to by 4 people on the internet.

Done and out there > perfect and rotting on a hard drive. I just see it all as process, and by making each output super precious it can really distort the pathways you're willing to explore.

I don't know. Honestly my productivity has suffered so badly in the past due to too much focus on sound design and not enough on composition and actually development of musical ideas, that I've almost removed mixing from my workflow completely haha.

These days I perform all arrangement on the fly, and just record a stereo audio track out. Then simple EQing and maybe compression makes that into a final track. If it still doesn't sound decent then I just record it again.

For me these days music has become extremely ephemeral, and I really lose interest in dumping hours and hours into polishing something that will be listened to by 4 people on the internet.

oh man, i was with you until that last line...