IGNORED

The Caustic Window Compilation

Guest Kaiser

Hey Joyrex.....I think it's Alan M. Parry not Alex Parry. He ran the old idm mailing list in the 90's.

You are absolutely right - rattled that one off the top of me head without checking my notes! Thanks! He was also rumoured to be one of the few owners of CAT002 (Q-Chastic EP), but claims he lost it or it was stolen so the story goes...

The design concept of SAWII is almost as good a reason to own it as the music itself. One day I'm going to get myself a vinyl copy just for that reason.

Incidentally, yet another query. Do regular copies of SAWII (from any country) still come with any credits insert? My UK version didn't. I prefer it without though, adds even more to the album's mystery.

Presumably you're referring to the CD version, and if it's an unopened copy, it should contain the insert (which by the way is the bottom of one of Richard's synths he used in the production of SAW II that he etched the words into). I know the Warner US releases have them, but I've never seen an unopened UK CD release to confirm.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest transfer

Joyrex wrote:

You are absolutely right - rattled that one off the top of me head without checking my notes! Thanks! He was also rumoured to be one of the few owners of CAT002 (Q-Chastic EP), but claims he lost it or it was stolen so the story goes...

I wonder how tight he was with afx......he was really into Aphex and Rephlex then.........that's when I started to get into afx and rephlex......around 93.......ahh the old days.........been going through an old Rephlex revival lately, the first Vulva, X-Asp, Kinesthesia, Caustic Window, AFX ABB3, Kosmik Kommando ep, Tango N' Vectif. There was this special unique, nerdy, militaristic, futuristic quality about Rephlex then......I suppose it's still like that but I love the old school Rephlex vibe.......can't wait for the Voafose release.....Voafose is mentioned on the "On" release by AFX, I've always been interested in hearing the Rephlexian music of friends of AFX..........like I wonder if Victor Jumper or Neil Sandwiches are or were real people.........I guess I'm rambling heh..........I wonder what Alan M. Parry is up to nowadays??

The 13th track from the Analogue Bubblebath 3 CD (2nd track from AB3.1)

Doesn't it sound so rephlexy? It always reminds me of Rephlex anyway, but i've only heard Aphex Twin stuff and the Universal Indicator CD.

Guest novayshun
Did 'Muttley' ever make it beyond the four or whatever copies of the Caustic Window album? Just wondering as it's always cited by the actual song title. Can't find it in any discographies.

'Muttley' was just the name Mike P gave it when he described the songs for joyrex.com way back when (aah, those were the days), since it contained samples of Hanna Barbara's Wacky Racers cartoon - they're all untitled tracks, with the exception of the Phlaps song that also appears on it, since it was released and was given an offiical name.

and Cunt was on Trance Europe Express - Volume 3

• 5 years later...
Guest catharsis

I used to think this album was just OK about 10 years ago. After listening to hundreds of albums by supremely talented musicians, and then returning to Compilation today, my mind is totally blown. 10 years later, with more experienced ears, I realize how amazing this truly is.

Presumably you're referring to the CD version, and if it's an unopened copy, it should contain the insert (which by the way is the bottom of one of Richard's synths he used in the production of SAW II that he etched the words into). I know the Warner US releases have them, but I've never seen an unopened UK CD release to confirm.

...Yamaha which is now owned by Solvent, who payed some mad price for it. Who's going to fill in the facts here?

QUOTE (transfer @ Oct 31 2006, 10:56 PM)

Hey Joyrex.....I think it's Alan M. Parry not Alex Parry. He ran the old idm mailing list in the 90's.

QUOTE (Caretstik @ Nov 1 2006, 05:53 AM)

The design concept of SAWII is almost as good a reason to own it as the music itself. One day I'm going to get myself a vinyl copy just for that reason.

Incidentally, yet another query. Do regular copies of SAWII (from any country) still come with any credits insert? My UK version didn't. I prefer it without though, adds even more to the album's mystery.

There actually was a credits sheet included with SAW II the vinyl edition, i've seen it, not sure I have it but I think I do.

R-1736288-1240068911.jpeg

that's from this discog's pictures:

http://www.discogs.c...release=1736288

It's actually the Yahamha Richard etched the liner notes onto pictured that is being discussed previously ^

edit: picture add

If you're going to order CW Compilation on vinyl make sure you get the later one that comes in the like army jungle green regular record sleeve instead of the original polyvinyl tri-fold thing, cause that sleeve like oxidized and fucked up all the 12"s like the poly sleeves did to the Analord EPs. Make sure it's the green one.

Bleh I think that camera is sick or something

R-54978-1265554693.jpeg

there, you fucking happy? I just searched quick to find one, there was inserts with both the black and colored vinyl in some cases, respectively colored/b&w inserts

R-54978-1265554693.jpeg

there, you fucking happy? I just searched quick to find one, there was inserts with both the black and colored vinyl in some cases, respectively colored/b&w inserts

Yep, although I think it was only the coloured vinyl that came with the 4 stickers.

If you're going to order CW Compilation on vinyl make sure you get the later one that comes in the like army jungle green regular record sleeve instead of the original polyvinyl tri-fold thing, cause that sleeve like oxidized and fucked up all the 12"s like the poly sleeves did to the Analord EPs. Make sure it's the green one.

Good tip - also, if you haven't fell victim to this, you can get some paper (acid free, natch) inserts to keep the vinyl separated from the plastic.

R-54978-1265554693.jpeg

Well I wasn't really asking you to find anything for me, I just found the quality of the camera funny. Thanks though.

Good tip - also, if you haven't fell victim to this, you can get some paper (acid free, natch) inserts to keep the vinyl separated from the plastic.

Yeah it's the original pressing. Thanks for the advice—I'll get some paper inserts for it!

R-54978-1265554693.jpeg

Well I wasn't really asking you to find anything for me, I just found the quality of the camera funny. Thanks though.

yea I was being like that on purpose, just messing :tongue: and to whomever said that this above one that came with the 4 stickers is also correct, that's the only version I knew about them being with

i remember finding this for like 5 bucks in the local record store... how lucky was I.

lucky indeed, nice find

i love cwc as italic eyeball is probably my favourite track by rich. it's so huntingly beautiful...i also like on the romance tip, but the rest of the album is quite....mehhh...i'll give it another listen tomorrow.

Archived