Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

I Forgot About Billious Paths
Remember that shit?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,930 posts
  • 746 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

take them panties off
put them panties on

i had a crazy idea to play that loop to some girl on my bus ride a few years ago. i'd see her everyday on the bus. good thing i didn't but i ... can imagine, the lols and then the slap across the face.

#27 Guest_yikes_*

Guest_yikes_*
  • Guests
  • 408 topics
  • Joined --

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

i lovemike's work but this cd leaves me a bit cold
can't really love it
its ok but not demanding of my attention because of the nails on the blackboard harshness?

#28 Fred McGriff

Fred McGriff

1B

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,969 posts
  • 75 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

i loved this album. there are a couple of really exceptional songs on here. like really twisted/fucked up and enjoyable at the same time. i dont really see the vsnares connection tbh. but yes, underrated album.

#29 Guest_nene multiple assgasms_*

Guest_nene multiple assgasms_*
  • Guests
  • 255 topics
  • Joined --

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

meinheld is still hecka epic.

#30 Terpentintollwut

Terpentintollwut

Le Chat Heureux

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 03-March 08
  • Interests:Wallpaperpeeling

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

If you hate on µ, remember Expert Know Twiddlers. If you hate on that too, die.

#31 Guest_tekkeN_*

Guest_tekkeN_*
  • Guests
  • 493 topics
  • Joined --

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

wasn't so keen at first but really like Bilous Paths, great album

but for his output with a sort-of similar sound think Hard Love has to be his best

#32 Guest_tekkeN_*

Guest_tekkeN_*
  • Guests
  • 376 topics
  • Joined --

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

there are some moments of beauty in Bilious Paths as well, Fall of Antioch, and some tracks which start off a bit flat develop into something very interesting to the ears

#33 modey

modey

the struggle vose in

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,609 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 08-June 04
  • Interests:⠃⠋⠛⠀⠼⠊⠚⠚⠚

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

there are some moments of beauty in Bilious Paths as well, Fall of Antioch, and some tracks which start off a bit flat develop into something very interesting to the ears

yep, these are my thoughts too. just listened again for the first time in uh, 7 years i think? great album and the only breakcore-related stuff i can listen to without cringing..

#34 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,347 posts
  • 9 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

bilious paths was a direct attempt at copying snares and failing

Actually he credits Aaron in the insert on the album. Also I'm pretty sure Midwinter Log on lunatic harness predates most of funks releases making Mike the first person to use that style.. I don't know..

Actually he credits Aaron in the insert on the album. Also I'm pretty sure Midwinter Log on lunatic harness predates most of funks releases making Mike the first person to use that style.. I don't know..

At least, predates Funks work that actually made it to release.

#35 Ragnar

Ragnar

2K, On My Way

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 09-September 07

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

not really interesting enough for its own topic but I thought I'd mention how Mike/Aaron must trade samples back and forth because definitely - *bleep-bleep-bleep* sound on Grape Nut Beats 2 + Aanguish from Meathole, and speculation - Meinheld has the choir sample from/direct rip of? Suffocate from WITBOAS

also various jamaican people vocals

Edited by Ragnar, 01 March 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#36 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,310 posts
  • 72 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks was released 3 years before Bilious Paths.
Snares was releasing at least as early as '99 cause that's when his split with Stunt Rock came out.

not really interesting enough for its own topic but I thought I'd mention how Mike/Aaron must trade samples back and forth because definitely - *bleep-bleep-bleep* sound on Grape Nut Beats 2 + Aanguish from Meathole, and speculation - Meinheld has the choir sample from/direct rip of? Suffocate from WITBOAS

they definitely share samples, and they also shared with Keith Fullerton Whitman, because I remember getting Grape Nut Beats Pt.1 from KFW's hotline server and being surprised cause it was a remix of Witch Hunt.

#37 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,347 posts
  • 93 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks was released 3 years before Bilious Paths.
Snares was releasing at least as early as '99 cause that's when his split with Stunt Rock came out.

they definitely share samples, and they also shared with Keith Fullerton Whitman, because I remember getting Grape Nut Beats Pt.1 from KFW's hotline server and being surprised cause it was a remix of Witch Hunt.

Yes. =)

#38 Suffocate Peon

Suffocate Peon

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 23-July 09

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I love this album, it's amazing. It's not quite like anything else I've heard before. I think it's his best album. It's the sound of pineapples mixed with Twisted Metal.

The sound design is just hard to describe. It has boundless energy, it's itchy, tetchy. All his music is kind of straight forward and soft (but lush), whereas this is a genuine deviation into more weird antagonistic territory. I think it'll remain fresh for me years from now. I think it's a minor masterpiece of sorts, and definitely underrated. It's better than most Venetian Snares albums.

#39 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,347 posts
  • Joined 28-January 12
    Huge-ifying

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

I love this album, it's amazing. It's not quite like anything else I've heard before. I think it's his best album. It's the sound of pineapples mixed with Twisted Metal.

The sound design is just hard to describe. It has boundless energy, it's itchy, tetchy. All his music is kind of straight forward and soft (but lush), whereas this is a genuine deviation into more weird antagonistic territory. I think it'll remain fresh for me years from now. I think it's a minor masterpiece of sorts, and definitely underrated. It's better than most Venetian Snares albums.

interestingly enough it says on the insert that a special thanks goes to aaron funk for all his help with the album.

#40 Bubba69

Bubba69

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
  • PSN:wetpaste

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

Necroing this post because I just randomly saw this album pop up in my library and it's better than I remember. It actually aged really well.

#41 MIXL2

MIXL2

Owl of Minerva

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,473 posts
  • Joined 08-August 12
  • Interests:muziq & maths

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

siege of antioch is one of my fav tracks ever... tru dustbin-core
edit:

recently re-listened to bilious paths, I rarely see these two tracks mentioned, love 'em! thanks mike!

https://www.youtube....h?v=hKWJTA4Wr2Q

https://www.youtube....h?v=3lp4YTkir78

Edited by MIXL2, 03 April 2018 - 01:51 PM.