IGNORED

boomkat write-up/review

Guest Kibreg

Guest Kibreg

that's right, another tuss thread, fuckers!

boomkat write-up/review:

"Probably not quite the best kept secret in electronic music after all, it seems that those rumours have all but been confirmed - what you have in front of you here is quite possibly a brand new album from Richard D James, this time under his latest incarnation - "The Tuss". Yes, for all intents and purposes this is the new Aphex Twin album we all thought we'd have to wait some years for, all brand new material with some "mysterious" contributors (Drexciyan DJ Stingray aka Sherard Ingram among others, apparently) to keep you on your toes. The material is vintage Aphex too, ranging from the effortlessly intricate drum edits and spine-tingling hi-hat arrangements of track 2 through to the stretched breakbeats and de-tuned vocal melodies of track 5 and the sublime bubbling introspection of the final track, a piece of music that could have fit quite comfortably into the classic "I Care Because You Do" tracklisting with its emotive pads and subtle changes - those signature Aphex melodies that so many people seem to be pining for. There's also a direct link to the Analord material here, particularly with the apparent use of the Yamaha GX1 synthesiser (a piece of kit so dear it cost over £30k back in the 1970's and there are only a handful in the country, hardly a staple of up and coming bedroom musicians) - and the whole thing has a gorgeous Analogue texture that would be nigh on impossible to fake - so whoever's penned these tracks, respect is due. So, lets look at the facts one last time - "The Tuss" is Cornish slang for erection, the material is published by Chrysalis (RDJ's publisher of choice), the whole thing couldn't possibly sound any more like Aphex Twin if it tried, and, well, even the sales notes make little effort to hide the true identity and origin of the material. Funny if it turned out to be the Aphex prank to end all pranks and it wasn't anything to do with him but, well, it seems unlikely. Either way - sterling stuff and a big recommendation....like you need it! Buy."

Guest cyphersum
I dont really think it sounds "I care because you do" at all.

The "ICBYD" reference is to the last track only. I think the reference fits... as well as sounding like Sloth off AB4.

Guest felttipen

wouldnt you much prefer it to be a good new artist, and then afx release some great new album soon?.

Guest tht! tne
wouldnt you much prefer it to be a good new artist, and then afx release some great new album soon?.

yes+

Guest Kaiser
what a stupid review.

what more could we expect from boomkat?

now that they said the tuss is richard, i'm starting to think that it's not, boomkat reviews are bullshit

Guest jacderida

"sublime bubbling introspection"

hah, got to love boomkat's shitty reviews.

it pretty much sounds like they really don't know anything more than anybody else does about the tuss.

i loled at the fact that they used part of my myspace pages information and took it as fact

the section about Sherard ingram being a member of Tuss

Yeah I couldn't believe they fell for that.

Archived