IGNORED

Kieran Hebden says Tuss IS Aphex Twin

Guest aphexvancouver

Guest aphexvancouver

Fridge / Kieran Hebden ( from http://www.eventguide.ie/articles.elive?se...u=070809115617)

Cold Cuts

Kieran Hebden is a kind of musical octopus, for if he's not dazzling us with his Four Tet guise, he is collaborating with drummer Steve Reid or going back to his roots for the ongoing musical project that is Fridge, which he formed with the brilliant Adem Ilhan and Sam Jeffers over a decade ago. They have released various interesting albums over the years such as ‘Ceefax’ (1997) and ‘Happiness’ (2001) and this year's 'The Sun' is no exception

[/i][/i]

And recently I discovered a brilliant new double 12" by APHEX TWIN, but it is not even under his name, but The Tuss, he's so amazing, it is on Reflex Records. I hope that we are trying to contribute something good; I think that people come out and don't try to change anything or mess it up.

QYou have also said that the ultimate respect you can afford to the music you love is to never try and emulate it.

A:Exactly, and I think it is almost disrespectful to try and say 'this needs to be done again' - like all these awful rock bands that are out now, trying to emulate a period and a sound - but it's been done, and better! I feel that there is a lot of entertainment out there without substance, and so much music clogs up space and doesn't allow really good stuff to get through, or get heard - like how it took Battles so long to break through. You can turn on MTV and see a seventeen year old dressing up like Keith Richards and whacking out yet another frustratingly derivative rubbish record, yet APHEX TWIN, Animal Collective, and Battles don't have the same support.

post-1346-1186706670_thumb.jpg

Guest Zing Zing Zingbah

you wot?? fuckin shite e ti i am fucccin druuuuunk and .. uh what is gouing on then eh?

cuatsic dont ppeeepee on teh popppooo. okY?

Guest Caustic
you wot?? fuckin shite e ti i am fucccin druuuuunk and .. uh what is gouing on then eh?

You'd be my favourite member if you posted more.

Guest aphexvancouver
tl;dr

Wondering what date that picture is from though.

Looks around '95ish

That picture is from New Musical Express from the fall of 1996. I have quite a few of those saved ...

You'd be my favourite member if you posted more.

me too. except for me. eh Zing?

lol, double LP? The What?

exact quote from the interview link

... and recently I discovered a brilliant new double 12" by Aphex Twin, but it is not even under his name, but The Tough, he's so amazing, it is on Reflex Records.

Guest Kenneth172

i'm still after a copy of Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley... if anybody has a copy going spare I'll give you 50 pence or a packet of humbugs.

Archived