IGNORED

[i]Further Down The Spiral[/i] by Nine Inch Nails

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

someone has it :

* Further Down The Spiral by Nine Inch Nails, 1995, Nothing Records

• Nine Inch Nails - At The Heart Of It All (7:14) - [inclued in edit version Created by Aphex Twin from 26 Mixes For Cash (3:49)]

• Nine Inch Nails - The Beauty Of Being Numb (5:06) - [inclued in edit version Section B, Created by Aphex Twin from 26 Mixes For Cash (3:27)]

???

the tracks of NIN from 26 Mixes For Cash r versions created by RDJ, but the others versions from the Further Down The Spiral, At The Heart Of It All is really totally a remix by Aphex Twin, but The Beauty Of Being Numb, just a part was created by Aphex Twin, others parts were created by Brian Pollack & Sean Beavan...

just 2 know how is the long version of At The Heart Of It All? great? or better in edit version...

& how is the long version of The Beauty Of Being Numb? great? or the remix part by Aphex Twin is more interresting than others?

thanks! ;-)

'At The Heart Of It All' sounds like death. Is good, but it sounds like death. The long version of 'The Beauty Of Being Numb' has Part A + Part B. Part A is just a reversed portion of 'Mr. Self Destruct' and Part B is elevator music by The Aphex Twin. 'Further Down The Spiral' is amazing. Every single track.

I have it. At the heart of it all is awesome. The only real reason I bought that album. I am sure you can order it cheap somewhere? i don't think it is out of print.

I dont really care for the beauty of being numb the long or short version. The longer one just has noise with some of the adrian belew guitar bits thrown in.

At the heart of it all is just like the 26 mixes for cash version except longer so it has time to really affect you more.

The Beauty Of Being Numb 5:06 Further Down The Spiral

The Beauty Of Being Numb Section B 3:27 26 Mixes For Cash [Disc 1]

At The Heart Of It All 7:14 Further Down The Spiral

At The Heart Of It All 3:49 26 Mixes For Cash [Disc 2]

at the heart of it all wasnt the only truncated remix on 26 mixes. anyone who picked up the "who do you think you are" single by saint etienne for the exclusive remix can attest to that.

Guest Speedplay

It's easy to get. Cheap and it won't be out of print for some time.

All the remixes on there are excellent, NIN at it's best - remixed. (Though I highly recommend Things Falling Apart (The Fragile remixed) aswell).

The tracks of the Aphex Twin are superb, though my favorite has to be the Hurt (Quiet) version. You can hear Trent nearly lose it towards the end

Guest uncle traveling matt
the best track on this remix album is further down the spiral (the bottom) by coil but the whole thing is well worth the money

i thought that was a jg thirlwell remix. def the highlight on fdts.

edit: grammar

The Beauty Of Being Numb 5:06 Further Down The Spiral

The Beauty Of Being Numb Section B 3:27 26 Mixes For Cash [Disc 1]

At The Heart Of It All 7:14 Further Down The Spiral

At The Heart Of It All 3:49 26 Mixes For Cash [Disc 2]

Yeah, your welcome for those.

nice 4 ur answers! ;-) ok i'll buy it soon, i was sure that others tracks r interestings 2 listen... i know NIN & have some of their albums (also some Rammstein & Marilyn Manson albums) but not this remixed album named Further Down The Spiral... THANKS!! ;-)

Guest uncle traveling matt
Nope, he was right, it's by Coil. With the aid of Danny Hyde, apparently.

......Who happens to be in Coil.

yea i guess i was just thinking of the remix of broken on the fixed ep.

though my favorite has to be the Hurt (Quiet) version. You can hear Trent nearly lose it towards the end

Cool. Maybe you can let me know this difference between this one and the original. I'm serious.

lol yeah this remix is the best nin remix ever. the only difference is the final two guitar chords at the end aren't mixed as loudly. and i think some of the hiss and gruel might be mixed down a little. nothing interesting to see here.

the track "ruiner (version)" is brilliant off this album

what?

this is from the UK pressing, its a charlie clouser remix. clouser is very good and i do enjoy the remix but it feels like the 'pop' single of the remix album, lower on the end of quality spectrum, but more catchy.

Guest Speedplay
though my favorite has to be the Hurt (Quiet) version. You can hear Trent nearly lose it towards the end

Cool. Maybe you can let me know this difference between this one and the original. I'm serious.

Less background noise, less loudness, more piano

Not much but I like it better than the actual album version.

the track "ruiner (version)" is brilliant off this album

what?

this is from the UK pressing, its a charlie clouser remix. clouser is very good and i do enjoy the remix but it feels like the 'pop' single of the remix album, lower on the end of quality spectrum, but more catchy.

that's exactly right, it's undeniably catchy

Guest Romhotep

Less background noise, less loudness, more piano

Not much but I like it better than the actual album version.

I agree. The album version is more effective at closing the album the way it's mixed and edited, but if I just feel like listening to the song "Hurt" just for the sake of the song I'll go for the "Quiet" version.

Archived