IGNORED

Free Audio Software for Windows/MacOS

mosca

Crossposting from the Renoise forum:

Tons of unusual sound generators and plugins on here, with an emphasis on physcal modelling.  I haven't gotten to try any yet but there's some pretty interesting stuff (the physically modelled bubling liquid sounds synthesizer is the first one that caught my eye).

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2

Not used it (as I already have the full version of the app it's cloning) but Ability Instruments have just released a free alternative to Kontakt called Freetakt (no doubt the name will be subject to change - it's still early days): https://abilityinstruments.com/

(not to be confused with the free Kontakt Player, or something free that can import full Kontakt instruments with .... but a brand new sampler with full scripting in the style of Kontakt)

• Like 1

None of the links on their site actually work in my browser (probably adblock related), but I'm guessing it's a VCV Rack type of model where the plugin is free but people can charge for their libraries.  Which is still a big improvement over Kontakt's model, and I'll definitely be giving it a try.

• 3 weeks later...

The new Airwindows reverbs that have been coming out recently sound pretty excellent.  I haven't had time to watch most of the videos but from what I can gather he's trying to replicate the entire Waves Abbey Road set algorithmicaly (the Waves stuff is impulse responses I think, never used it myself), by ear, as a sort of statement about the new Waves subscription model.  i don't know how similar they are but so far they're really nice sounding reverbs on their own terms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, iococoi said:

That second one, the sequencer that works by summing multipleEuclidean rhythm generators, looks really cool.

I don't have a mac but it's definitely giving me ideas about patchign up something similar in the MIDIbox SEQ (three chromatic Euclidean rhythm generators running in different octaves, all feeding the saem arpeggiator track and then quantized to a key and scale).

That MPE-controlled 3d panning one looks like a great idea, too, even though spatial audio is kind of useless unless you're doing soun design for a major studio movie or something.

Edited by TubularCorporation

You can just enter anything there and the next page (when you press 'Continue') should be your download links ?

(ps it's not made clear but Pulsar (not sure about the others) is a vst3)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 4:13 PM, ignatius said:

michael norris spectral magic updated to be apple silicon native. still free 🙂

https://www.michaelnorris.info/software

🙂

Was going to lament the lack of a Windows build (been eying that collection up for over a decade) but .... eeeeeeekkk seems like we're finally gonna get something 🤩:

I am currently porting SoundMagic Spectral to the JUCE framework, which will allow for SoundMagic to run as a VST, AAX and for both Macs and PCs as well. I have already got Spectral Blurring working, so now I just need time to do the other 22 plugs! Your donation to ongoing development will make this faster, and encourage further development. Click the button to donate via PayPal — thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hold onto your headphones because KVR Audio is back with another giveaway! Enter to grab your FREE iZotope RX 10 Elements, the magic wand of audio repair and enhancement.

Made for content creators and home studios, iZotope RX Elements is a budget-friendly noise reduction and audio repair toolkit powered by world-class technology. Repair Assistant streamlines the same tools used by the pros to quickly correct common audio issues.

https://www.kvraudio.com/giveaways/get-izotope-rx-elements-free-win-a-copy-of-native-instruments-komplete-14-ultimate-ce-62

On 9/8/2023 at 10:20 PM, tbf said:

free replica with ongoing upgrades of the famous Sonnox Oxford Inflator

https://github.com/Kiriki-liszt/JS_Inflator_to_VST2_VST3

Airwindows take on the Inflator came out a couple weeks ago, too:

https://www.airwindows.com/inflamer/

• Like 1