IGNORED

The Autechre Syndrome

Salvatorin

Dear Autechre,

It seems I am starting to experience something I have never experienced before...

All the things that I'm constantly bombarded with by your music seem to be opening my mind to the beauty of sound, all sounds! I find myself marveling at the unique beauty of like...say...tapping a pane of glass...or swishing around water...or scratching with my fingernails on a smooth surface.

Its like banging something is no longer just banging something...its a strange and interesting waveform, just waiting for me to aurally dissect it.

Or like just a second ago, I went up to this aluminum lamp bell thingy, and I just tapped it. The sound produced was so rich and layered. There was the tap sound, which was the force, but then it had a high tonal 2nd chord ringing above it, and a bassy rumble deep down.

These all form intricate images in my mind...kind of like little diagrams displaying each part of the sound...same as listening to your music.

I can get distracted with this kind of stuff at any time, especially when I am surrounded by interesting-looking objects (that I may tap) and quite truthfully, they are much more interesting than paying attention to whatever is deemed important.

Now its obvious I am probably just experiencing severe ADHD, but I think these feelings are a good thing. And I would have to say that its definitely from listening to your beautiful music.

So basically, listening to your music has made me into a freak obsessed with interesting percussive sounds, and their potential for rhythmic sequencing/and or tonal manipulation And I am goddamn proud of it.

Thank you so much,

Salvatorin

I get this too now, I love just walking around the city and being bombarded with sounds.

Late at night in the city is the weirdest, I was going to do an album made entirely of sounds recorded on my late night treks home each weekend for source material. Never got motivated enough to do it but I still think it's a great idea.

Guest Enter a new display name

I was playing F-Zero X on my friend's N64 when suddenly, the game glitched and there was an irritating sound. It sounded like Autechre and I enjoyed it.

Guest hahathhat
Dear Autechre,

It seems I am starting to experience something I have never experienced before...

All the things that I'm constantly bombarded with by your music seem to be opening my mind to the beauty of sound, all sounds! I find myself marveling at the unique beauty of like...say...tapping a pane of glass...or swishing around water...or scratching with my fingernails on a smooth surface.

Its like banging something is no longer just banging something...its a strange and interesting waveform, just waiting for me to aurally dissect it.

Or like just a second ago, I went up to this aluminum lamp bell thingy, and I just tapped it. The sound produced was so rich and layered. There was the tap sound, which was the force, but then it had a high tonal 2nd chord ringing above it, and a bassy rumble deep down.

These all form intricate images in my mind...kind of like little diagrams displaying each part of the sound...same as listening to your music.

I can get distracted with this kind of stuff at any time, especially when I am surrounded by interesting-looking objects (that I may tap) and quite truthfully, they are much more interesting than paying attention to whatever is deemed important.

Now its obvious I am probably just experiencing severe ADHD, but I think these feelings are a good thing. And I would have to say that its definitely from listening to your beautiful music.

So basically, listening to your music has made me into a freak obsessed with interesting percussive sounds, and their potential for rhythmic sequencing/and or tonal manipulation And I am goddamn proud of it.

Thank you so much,

Salvatorin

i can't remember a time when i WASN'T like this. didn't need something like autechre to bring it out.

i am also fascinated by visual things - wood grain, water ripples, clouds, oriental rugs... i could go on forever, really.

i drive people insane by compulsively flicking and plucking things over and over. STOP THAT, IT'S ANNOYING, they say. i'll stop when i understand it, i respond.

long story short, this is why i failed out of college and have no friends. it is a treacherous path

• 1 year later...
Salvatorin u wouldn't happen to listen to autechre whilst working at your job sorting mail at a postal facility?

l-o-fucking-l

I can't believe I went through the trouble of finding this:

yes I do

damnit if any of you would have looked at the file that was formerly there you would have been like "HAHAHA I GET IT"

Archived