IGNORED

Autechre - London 4th March

Guest blakeboogie

Guest blakeboogie

So who's going, what can us first timers expect and has anyone been to the venue before?

ps. Reckon they'll be any ladies there? All the girls I know can't even appreciate Amber let alone Confield etc.

Guest Larry David

There will be women there....but usually girlfriends who have been dragged out by their ae lovin other halfs....

Anyway when they play it's pitch black so you won't be able to see your own hand nevermind any chicks....

Look out also for unwashed students smelling strongly of incense and wearing thick woolly jumpers - this certainly ain't a clubbing crowd - thank God

And yes going to see Autechre with the intention of pulling chicks is just plain wrong

There were plenty of ladies at the NYC show last time, way more than I expected. But yeah, if you expect to hook up at an Autechre show, you got another thing coming...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stellanor
There won't be many women there, the ones that are there will be there by mistake.

There will be women there....but usually girlfriends who have been dragged out by their ae lovin other halfs....

Women at an electronic music concert? Get lost.

oh please. do you feel smug in your shallow sexist prejudices?

i am a girl and i listen to all sorts of experimental electronic weird stuff, ranging from powernoise to electronic music to breakcore to glitchcore to gabba and lots more. all this simply because i love technology and all experimentations that try to create something new and interesting.

and i am straight, just in case someone was just about to come up with another of your sad stereotypes.

i will be at the gig tonight with my boyfriend, and neither of us will be dragging the other as we both share the same taste in music and obviously love ae.

in my opinion, the only people who will be there by mistake will be those who mistake a gig for a dating night for desperate singles.

have fun.

Guest Enter a new display name
There won't be many women there, the ones that are there will be there by mistake.

i am a girl and i listen to all sorts of experimental electronic weird stuff, ranging from powernoise to electronic music to breakcore to glitchcore to gabba and lots more. all this simply because i love technology and all experimentations that try to create something new and interesting.

and i am straight, just in case someone was just about to come up with another of your sad stereotypes.

i will be at the gig tonight with my boyfriend, and neither of us will be dragging the other as we both share the same taste in music and obviously love ae.

in my opinion, the only people who will be there by mistake will be those who mistake a gig for a dating night for desperate singles.

have fun.

Read the rules.

You'll be the only female at that show who knows what to expect from the band, the rest will go there thinking its a Fatboy Slim type gig :stuart:

Wicked gig!

Also SND were crap!

Also Im going to bed as I hve to be up in three fucking hours for work. FUCKING SHIT

Good night.

man, i got to say there's been a few autechre gigs so far and we haven't had one proper review yet. i still don't have any idea what there current set is like other than:

1. it's dark.

2. it's loud.

3. lots of people who go to the show are fucked up.

c'mon people. can't anyone with some autechre knowledge right a halfway descriptive review of this thing.

better yet, where are the recordings? untilted tour had like 300 bootlegs available by the point.

Guest cet303

Fuckin' immense. Absolutely incredible.

Without a doubt the best set i have ever seen 'em play in 14 yrs or so of being into them.

Guest burnibus
man, i got to say there's been a few autechre gigs so far and we haven't had one proper review yet. i still don't have any idea what there current set is like other than:

1. it's dark.

2. it's loud.

3. lots of people who go to the show are fucked up.

c'mon people. can't anyone with some autechre knowledge right a halfway descriptive review of this thing.

better yet, where are the recordings? untilted tour had like 300 bootlegs available by the point.

not necessarily true i wrote a few words in the musicbox gig describing some of the music they played in their set. have a look and then ask questions ill answer as many as possible.

have fun.

Well said :)

Guest cet303

Well the queue for the Men's compared to the ladies said it all.

My gf got very cold towards the end and had a go at me for having too much fun at the front.

She apologized this morning for being difficult though.

I wish i was going again tonight.

Archived