IGNORED

Autechre+Games

Salvatorin

I discovered recently that autechre makes great music for some video games. It isn't like background music, its more like letting an autechre album acquire some kind of narrative. My example of a great game to play while listening to Quaristice is MDK. I find Quaristice to be very visual and narrative in the way its sounds, it illustrates a mechanic alien world to me. MDK has a brilliant soundtrack already, but with Quaristice it takes on a whole different feel:

22551f.gif

post-3270-1205441271_thumb.jpgpost-3270-1205441298_thumb.jpg

post-3270-1205441324_thumb.jpg

post-3270-1205441344_thumb.jpgpost-3270-1205441361_thumb.jpg

post-3270-1205441400_thumb.jpg

post-3270-1205441765_thumb.jpgpost-3270-1205441803.jpg post-3270-1205441823.jpg

I remember when this game came out but I never actually played it. Looks fucking crazy. Isn't that the one where he has a sniper rifle for a head?

Guest musicforairports
I discovered recently that autechre makes great music for some video games. It isn't like background music, its more like letting an autechre album acquire some kind of narrative. My example of a great game to play while listening to Quaristice is MDK. I find Quaristice to be very visual and narrative in the way its sounds, it illustrates a mechanic alien world to me. MDK has a brilliant soundtrack already, but with Quaristice it takes on a whole different feel:

22551f.gif

teartear from amber sounds as if it was off the original soundtrack for MDK. I love that game.

Guest Ultravisitor

god damn i love mdk.

fucking good times! :rolleyes:

mdk 2 was also pretty damn sweet too!

im gonna listen to quaristice in a minute whilst playing some futuristic game....probably metroid 3, that should work

also, geometry wars kicks ass, im gonna have to download gridwars right now. cheers for showing us it

im gonna try pick up geometry wars for the wii, when and if i find the money

Archived